Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) (46849 Views)

Lagos Officials Clear Blocked Drainage To Control Flooding In Lekki (pics) / Obaseki & Wife Visit Their Family Home In Benin (Photos) / Oshiomhole And Iara At The Coronation Of The Oba Of Benin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Eeroh95(m): 7:23am On Apr 21, 2016
Holydude:

You think so?
MOD: Lalasticlala, mynd44
your quote dry
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by saintdennis(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2016
Monimatic:
grin grin grin
Another white elephant project by Oshiomole, come to Benin and see lot of abandoned projects every where, I wonder who Oshiomole expects to come and complete those projects, after billions of Naira meant for those projects have been looted .

Better to start and others finish... govt is a CONTINUUM!

In between I really don't care much if oshio embezzled(which every politician across the world does). It's more about whether he 'worked'. And yes that guy has really done a lot to ease the flooding issue in Edo state.

B4 drains (even on major roads were merely 2 feet deep...thats a fact). Go and check out his underground drainage project from adolor- uwelu down to powerline in evwotobu. Sha I ain't been to benin in 2years but abeg the guy dey try.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2016
It must be very hot out there, see how the men are sweating, thats what alcohol does to you, it dehydrates u. sad
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by musakanti: 8:06am On Apr 21, 2016
Edo state is very backward in terms of infrastructural development. I dont think there is any flyover bridge in that state. Is it only Benin city that is in the state? You hardly here of any project done in any of the other senatorial district apart from Osho Village Iyamho. For Edo to develop Projects should cut across all senatorial district evenly if not na only Benin go be ancient town while other places will be abandoned villages.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by owanedo: 8:10am On Apr 21, 2016
Monimatic:
grin grin grin
Another white elephant project by Oshiomole, come to Benin and see lot of abandoned projects every where, I wonder who Oshiomole expects to come and complete those projects, after billions of Naira meant for those projects have been looted .
thank God he is doing something. I thought they say he is a scam. dont forget to tell us about the once he had completed. ungrateful people.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 21, 2016
my only concern is that he completes it before the end of his tenure, if not,upper will be cut off from Benin city when the rains finally come
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 21, 2016
Young03:

daughter of liar muhd

where in Benin?

List the completed projects.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by owanedo: 8:16am On Apr 21, 2016
Leboska:
Still under construction na e plenty for Benin na, the guy don turned Benin to one construction site, him hardly finish work this days
ungrateful benin people, what your son Lucky igbenedion couldnt do an etsako man is doing it yet you people still wont appreciate his efforts. maybe you people think benin is the only town in edo state.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by musakanti: 8:19am On Apr 21, 2016
I think you just said the truth! Let the bini people continue ruling the state and the state will continue to become ancient grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by jice(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2016
Gossiplover:
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has assured residents of Sokponba Area of Benin City that the over 30-feet deep underground drainage project which is ongoing will bring a lasting solution to the problem of flooding in the area.

He said his administration is determined to complete on-going road and drainage projects at the Second East Circular and Sokponba areas of the state capital. Already sections of the dual carriageway road on Second East has been asphalted.

Speaking during an inspection of projectsat the Second East Circular and Sokponba Roads in Benin City, Governor Oshiomhole said, the government is doing everything possible to ensure completion of the projects before the full rainy season.

===> http://www.metropillar.com/2016/04/gov-oshiomhole-builds-30-feet-deep.html

[size=18pt]This does not look 25ft talkless of 30ft.[/size]
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by timilinda(f): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2016
tinkinjow:
If a man (not oshiomhole) is 6 feet tall then I don't understand how that channel is 30 feet deep. * sighs. ...Nigerians and figures and measures.

I wondered same too!
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Olukat(m): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2016
shamecurls:
These re realistic projects

Not that of Anambra that is building a FAKE SUSPENSION BRIDGE and his people re lauding the quack architecture

I doubt if Anambra ever called it "suspension bridge"
But, I wonder what occupies the architect mind to come up with these design.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Olukat(m): 9:00am On Apr 21, 2016
[quote author=tinkinjow post=44887982]If a man (not oshiomhole) is 6 feet tall then I don't understand how that channel is 30 feet deep. * sighs. ...Nigerians and figures and measures.

Common sense! Bravo!
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Charly68: 9:30am On Apr 21, 2016
Unlike Lucky who spent 8 years wasting Edo's money with Mr Fix it . I wonder why many people are making noise on the choice of the Governor in the next election..if Edo people bring back shop I shop personality to the state house,they will bite their fingers for the next four years. They better vote for a visionary leader like Oshiomole ...who will utilize their allocation judiciously .
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by MrGerald(m): 9:50am On Apr 21, 2016
Is he still a governor, why he don't look like one?
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Unkl(m): 10:34am On Apr 21, 2016
Nice one from OshoBaba

(1) ...do you value standards in your business(shop)?...wish to have visibility on all goods movement in your warehouse, supermarket, retail shop etc....and you are scared of the financial implications of setting up an application that would help you achieve this....search no more, cos with BossTrader, you can have it all!

Call us today to start off your 30 days free trial, and watch your business take the shape you have always imagined...

(2) ...do you run a business(shop) or you know someone that does, who is truly tired of activities of fraudulent sales boys?...you are scared of the financial implications of setting up a working application to give you the business visibility you seek....search no more....it is simple, easy to use, very affordable and pocket friendly...we are BossTrader!

....Talk to us today to start off your 30 days free trial....you will be glad you did.

Mail: support@bosstrader.com.ng
Phone: +2349093216507, +2348067934227
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by martha89: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by martha89: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2016
musakanti:
Edo state is very backward in terms of infrastructural development. I dont think there is any flyover bridge in that state. Is it only Benin city that is in the state? You hardly here of any project done in any of the other senatorial district apart from Osho Village Iyamho. For Edo to develop Projects should cut across all senatorial district evenly if not na only Benin go be ancient town while other places will be abandoned villages.
With this kind of comment i knew you weren't from Edo state. Yes there's a flyover in Benin built by the Obasanjor Adminstration. Who told you the rest places are village? Auchi and Uromi look better than some places you people call city here. I am not an osho fan but he tried in his term by building roads across few places in the three senatorial districts. Ekpoma and Okada are towns in Edo state that just need a little bit makeover.Few years from now places like Okpella will develop soon because of the dangote cement that is ongoing and when the Ewu flour mill industry eventually comes back working that town will definitely flourish. Stop acting like Edo state is the most backward in Nigeria, Only few State are doing better than her and its only forward ever after Osho. Edo is the 5th state with a top internally generated revenue and it will certainly get better soon.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 11:29am On Apr 21, 2016
shamecurls:
These re realistic projects

Not that of Anambra that is building a FAKE SUSPENSION BRIDGE and his people re lauding the quack architecture

Be frank to yourself, nobody said they are suspension bridges. The 'suspension towers' and cables are just for aesthetics. Even the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge built by Fashola isn't a real suspension bridge. The only true suspension bridge I know in Nigeria is the Nigeria-Cameroon border crossing in Cross River State.

Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by shamecurls(m): 11:38am On Apr 21, 2016
Kennydoc:
pp po p

Be frank to yourself, nobody said they are suspension bridges. The 'suspension towers' and cables are just for aesthetics. Even the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge built by Fashola isn't a real suspension bridge. The only true suspension bridge I know in Nigeria is the Nigeria-Cameroon border crossing in Cross River State.

Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge is suspension bridge as the cables re suspending 2 platforms with a buried pillar in the lagoon.

The Architecture of that bridge is wack and a a waste of resource.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2016
shamecurls:

Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge is suspension bridge as the cables re suspending 2 platforms with a buried pillar in the lagoon.

The Architecture of that bridge is wack and a a waste of resource.

A suspension bridge with pillars scattered in the water holding the bridge isn't a suspension bridge. The idea behind a suspension bridge is that the weight of the bridge and those of the vehicles on it will be transmitted to the suspension towers through the cables. As such, there are very few to no pillars in the water. In the case of Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge, the pillars underwater are just like the ones holding the 3rd mainland bridge, and even the so called suspension tower still holds the bridge as a pillar.

Which bridge's architecture is wack? The border crossing bridge? That is a real suspension bridge, if you compare it to standard suspension bridges all over the world. Secondly, that bridge is over 50 years old so don't think it was built yesterday.

The first picture is Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge. Compare it with the pictures of the other suspension bridges.

Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by shamecurls(m): 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2016
Kennydoc:

A suspension bridge with pillars scattered in the water holding the bridge isn't a suspension bridge. The idea behind a suspension bridge is that the weight of the bridge and those of the vehicles on it will be transmitted to the suspension towers through the cables. As such, there are very few to no pillars in the water. In the case of Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge, the pillars underwater are just like the ones holding the 3rd mainland bridge, and even the so called suspension tower still holds the bridge as a pillar.

Which bridge's architecture is wack? The border crossing bridge? That is a real suspension bridge, if you compare it to standard suspension bridges all over the world. Secondly, that bridge is over 50 years old so don't think it was built yesterday.

The first picture is Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge. Compare it with the pictures of the other suspension bridges.

Google it

It not a full suspension bridge but it's the only one in Nigeria.

The design clearly shows it. A pillar holding two platforms via cables with no pillar beneath.

Again. That's the only one in Nigeria
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by shamecurls(m): 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
Kennydoc:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lekki-Ikoyi_Link_Bridge

Case closed
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
shamecurls:

Google it

It not a full suspension bridge but it's the only one in Nigeria.

The design clearly shows it. A pillar holding two platforms via cables with no pillar beneath.

Again. That's the only one in Nigeria

http://www.worldhighways.com/categories/road-highway-structures/news/new-bridge-connection-from-nigeria-to-cameroon/

Take note of this point in the link:

"The new structure will take the place of the single lane suspension bridge currently connecting Nigeria with Cameroon but which has insufficient capacity for the traffic needs."
That was the first picture I showed you.

See another link with an excerpt from it:
http://www.mydestination.com/nigeria/usefulinfo/6183004/getting-there

"There are two principal borders between Nigeria and Cameroon, one in the south near Ikom, north of Calabar and one in the north near Maiduguri. Mfun border is 30km to the east of Ikom where the road is tar-sealed to the border. Here there is a rather grand suspension bridge over the Cross River, which forms part of the border."
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by blaqoracle: 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Jirate:
No where near the Ones Prof. Ambrose Alli Did in the Early 80s. cool cool cool cool
Yet was sent to jail by his people. It is the same Bini they vilify that eventually paid the money that secured his release.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by shamecurls(m): 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
Kennydoc:

http://www.worldhighways.com/categories/road-highway-structures/news/new-bridge-connection-from-nigeria-to-cameroon/

Take note of this point in the link:

"The new structure will take the place of the single lane suspension bridge currently connecting Nigeria with Cameroon but which has insufficient capacity for the traffic needs."
That was the first picture I showed you.

See another link with an excerpt from it:
http://www.mydestination.com/nigeria/usefulinfo/6183004/getting-there

"There are two principal borders between Nigeria and Cameroon, one in the south near Ikom, north of Calabar and one in the north near Maiduguri. Mfun border is 30km to the east of Ikom where the road is tar-sealed to the border. Here there is a rather grand suspension bridge over the Cross River, which forms part of the border."

I did not dispute that fact initially. That is definitely one too.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
shamecurls:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lekki-Ikoyi_Link_Bridge

Case closed

But you know there is a subtle difference between suspension and cable styled bridges. Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge is a cable styled bridge, from your link.

That said, if you look at that link bridge very well, you will see that the location where the pillars of the suspension tower were erected could simply have carried another supporting pillar. The only difference is that the suspension tower didn't directly support the bridge at that point, but only does so through the cables. So, it's more of an aesthetics stuff. That's why I earlier said it's not a real suspension bridge.
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by oguoba: 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2016
It is very unfortunate that some of us here just want to be heard, even though our information is tainted with absolute falsehood. Pls name or show one project abandoned by the Oshiomhole administration. I live in Benin. If u can state it, I will visit the location and report back of the truth of ur assertion. But I know as of fact that you just misled the public about Oshio and abandoned project. Moreover, if you do not know, not until a man leaves office, his projects are ongoing. So pls do us the honours by indicating one abandoned project. Thanks
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by shamecurls(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Kennydoc:

But you know there is a subtle difference between suspension and cable styled bridges. Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge is a cable styled bridge, from your link.

That said, if you look at that link bridge very well, you will see that the location where the pillars of the suspension tower were erected could simply have carried another supporting pillar. The only difference is that the suspension tower didn't directly support the bridge at that point, but only does so through the cables. So, it's more of an aesthetics stuff. That's why I earlier said it's not a real suspension bridge.

Pic One- Lekki Ikoyi Bridge

Pic Two- A typical design of a suspension Bridge

"The bridge is the first cable-stayed bridge to be built in Nigeria and was constructed by Julius Berger Nigeria. The bridge has a 9-metre headroom above water level in order to allow for the flow of maritime traffic"

A cable stayed Bridge is only different from a Suspension bridge due to there different force distribution but both have a primary objective of suspending platforms over long stretches without a pillar.

Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by itstpia8: 2:35pm On Apr 21, 2016
Does it lead somewhere, like to neighbouring states?
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by whizzler: 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
Sijo01:
Benin's full of incomplete Road projects.
pls be specific with locations
Re: Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) by whizzler: 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Looking like he is dredging a river..
lol..
Edo is one of the about 5 states in Nigeria with acute erosion problems (according to NEWMAP) so the Governor is well on track. If u happen to be around these areas when it rains then u can appreciate what this man is doing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Atiku Decams From APC / Wike To Rivers Voters: Trust My Chosen Presidential Candidate, I Won't Mislead Y / Kwara Gets Innoson Fire Fighting Truck (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.