|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,755,970 members, 6,547,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 20 October 2021 at 06:17 PM
|5 Tips To A Better Future After NYSC POP by Adesolomon2014(m): 11:22pm On Apr 20, 2016|
April 14(POP for Batch A15) has come and gone. Yes! I was once a corp. member of the above set. I served in Akwa-Ibom(Ibeno LGA precisely).
Here are five steps to a better future after NYSC-Read with keen interest:
1. RESHAPE YOUR CV- Your CV which is the main tool in getting called for an interview has to be updated and in the correct format below
*Header-(Name,Address,Contact No, Email & LinkedIn profile link).
*Career Objective-this is for a fresher while career summary for an experienced graduate.
*Skill-organizational, communication including software know-how capabilities should be included here.
*Work Experience-your nysc place of primary assignment plus the roles you undertake should be pasted here.
*Education-this section should include your qualification from high school to graduate school. Do not forget to include what you obtained in each school and the month & year it was obtained.
*Certification-this will include your nysc due date and if you like your cert serial can come in handy here plus any professional cert. you acquired during your education journey.
*Hobbies/Interest-this will be in form of skills you possess. e.g. playing scrabble can be said to boost your problem-solving skill.
*References-minimum of two(one from your last employer while the other should be your academic lecturer). "Available on Request" will do good here. when you are called for the job interview, they will definitely request your references details.
2. A cover letter should be tailored according to the job description. Never use same cover letter for two or more job postings/positions. It limits your chance of being called for an interview.
3. Make sure you have assorted copies of all your credentials & certifications because this will go a long way in networking.
4. Networking leads to connection. In Nigeria of today young graduates just have to be on the safer side by creating acquaintances’ which will aid their journey to their desired job. Meet people in the sector you are vying for. Tell them what you can offer and let them mentor you on how the industry works.
5. Lastly, "Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain (Psalm 127:1). God over everything, he works in mysterious ways.
Good luck and Greater Heights IJN. Amen!
|Re: 5 Tips To A Better Future After NYSC POP by edikes: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2016|
You all should visit http://www.yblnigeria.com/job-market/. It is a new site for Job vacancies and unadvertised positions. Thousands of vacancies there that you can help yourself with. Regularly updated and it’s easy to navigate.
Employers can also post positions too.
|Re: 5 Tips To A Better Future After NYSC POP by emmyw(m): 6:54pm On Feb 19|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55