Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians (40403 Views)

8 Words We Pronounce Wrongly Everyday – Everyone Is Guilty Of No 5 / How Do You Pronounce These Words? / 95% Will Pronounce This Number Wrongly.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by shhladyj(f): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2016
e.g cap kep gun gone colour coler , dai pigin dey vex me.

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by justwise(m): 11:51am On Apr 21, 2016
Laid2001:
Do they speak English in those different countries?.
Many countries even in Europe don't speak English..

For a business woman, all she needs to understand is numbers and have business acumen. Business is a universal language. We have several Chinese business men in Nigeria, yet we don't speak Chinese and they don't speak English and they are successful.

Chinese may not speak English language but they work and employ people who do. You can not transact a successful business when you can not understand each other let alone traveling outside Nigeria and dealing with immigration.
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by slyrone(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2016
and he forgot to add this
Ghana. Nigeria
mada. mother
feda. father.
jelef. jollof
med. mad. oloriburuku oshi. Wetin Ghana sabi pass to use kiwi do body cream, thick black pple.

3 Likes

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by justwise(m): 11:55am On Apr 21, 2016
Enypie:

No interpreter. She tells them what she wants and they calculate the products and prices together. It's her money they want, not the English. But she's very good at Calculations.

That is my question..tells them how? With hand demonstration or her native language? Somebody who speaks or understand English language might have helped her through the process starting from visa processing down to hotel booking, dealing with immigration and traveling within to country she visited.
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by MadCow1: 12:03pm On Apr 21, 2016
aril:

Actually Ghanaians speak better english than us. Some foreign universities doesn't even require Ghanaians to show IELTS, TOEFL etc...

How I wish we can be exempted from that silly English test cause the English test registration are way too expensive for my liking.

utter bollocks.

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
Nigeria Ghana Cup Kep Come Cam Came Kem Us Es Cap Kep Myriads Mirieds
Mutilation of accented English

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
that effing Ghanian has been medling with lots ev ndi Ofe mmanu Yohruhbaz.quite funny but kind of true. thosesouth westerners are the worst english speakers in this country. let's look inwards meh before we attack the GH folks.
WORD-PRONUNCIATION

Air- here(hair)
hair- air
home-ohm(ome)
ohm-Home
how-ow
owl-howl
hammer-ammer
armored- hammored
three- tiriee
change-sengi
able- Ebuuu
honourable- hornorebu
heart- art

pls try and read this and attach the TRANSCRIPT to your reactions.

e.g Hornourebu this is not ow we andle hour hown izzue hat ohm. you av wicked art. no light inside hour ohms. if you go houtside the hair will be blowing hoff the ed-tie horn your ed and scatter your air.
Yohrubaz and their grammer shaa.
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
This is soooooooo STALE
Nigeria vs Ghana

1. Cup Kep

2. Come Cam

3.Came Kem

4. Us Es

5. Cap Kep

6. Myriads Mirieds

Mutilation of accented English

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2016
Lolzzz true talk bro
ephemm:
Thank you, English no be my papa language, oya carry your puff-puff comot for here.

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by wittyt98(m): 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2016
ephemm:
Thank you, English no be my papa language, oya carry your puff-puff comot for here.

lwkm!!!! this guy kill me

2 Likes

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
chymevicks:
that effing Ghanian has been medling with lots ev ndi Ofe mmanu Yohruhbaz.quite funny but kind of true. thosesouth westerners are the worst english speakers in this country. let's look inwards meh before we attack the GH folks.
WORD-PRONUNCIATION

Air- here(hair)
hair- air
home-ohm(ome)
ohm-Home
how-ow
owl-howl
hammer-ammer
armored- hammored
three- tiriee
change-sengi
able- Ebuuu
honourable- hornorebu
heart- art

e.g Hornourebu this is not ow we andle hour hown izzue hat ohm. you av wicked art. no light inside hour ohms. if you go houtside the hair will be blowing hoff the ed-tie horn your ed and scatter your air.
The worst English speakers. ROTF.

1. Our dilector will aglee
2. Are you stopid?

Wole Soyinka is the worst English speaker. He creates his own English. Femi Fani Kayode is the second worst English speaker of the south west.
3. Many continue to equate grammar and English speaking smiley

2 Likes

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
Stuntkid172:
can i rent this space 4 3days.
me don build ma house there no time
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Nusaf: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2016
ephemm:
Ah tire o!

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by RockHard: 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
chymevicks:
WORD-PRONUNCIATION

Air- here(hair)
hair- air
home-ohm(ome)
ohm-Home
how-ow
owl-howl
hammer-ammer
armored- hammored
three- tiriee
change-sengi
able- Ebuuu
honourable- hornorebu
heart- art

Abeg which people dey pronounce Liverpool as 'Riverpool', Rubbish as 'Lubbish', and Director as 'Dilector'? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by darlenese(f): 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
The cobbler repairing my shoe is a Ghanian ,so wetin concern me
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by shogz89: 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2016
RockHard:

Abeg which people dey pronounce Liverpool as 'Riverpool', Rubbish as 'Lubbish', and Director as 'Dilector'? cheesy
lol they call Drogba Drogbwa. They don't know all Nigerian tribe have there flaws in pronunciation

2 Likes

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by lailo: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
Na dia own worse pass
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Rashelany: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2016
that Ghanian must be an illiterate with low IQ
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Lilimax(f): 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
ephemm:
grin

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Lilimax(f): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
I so much love this kind of thread.
It unites Nigerians irrespective of Party affiliation, tribe, locality, religion ...etc

My Naija peeps rocks smiley!
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Stuntkid172(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
benardnwaorgu:
me don build ma house there no time
this is kwaraption.
building ur house on the space I want to rent.

I will report u to baba gaskia
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by skulboiy1990(m): 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
benardnwaorgu:
I blame Bubu for this.
Ladem quantinu
Aftral, our cawntrey is quarapt, no erestricity, no mani, no fuel, no enfrastrakcha, and we say we are in the 21'st sanctuary.
God punish APC
typical Ghanaian style.. U know what i mean
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Mpanyi: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ghanaians you guys' own is worse, pronouncing word like nurse as 'nes'. Unfortunately they have succeeded in confusing many Nigerians pronouncing it like that.
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
aril:

Actually Ghanaians speak better english than us. Some foreign universities doesn't even require Ghanaians to show IELTS, TOEFL etc...

How I wish we can be exempted from that silly English test cause the English test registration are way too expensive for my liking.

"Some foreign universities doesn't even"

That is why your English is bad. You learnt it from the Ghanaians, i guess. OLODO

1 Like

Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Abagworo(m): 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
Horpe12:
I think its true tho....lol

She has a lot of Yoruba friends. That's more or less Yoruba accent.
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by LyfeJennings(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2016
These Ghanaians dey craze o
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Gracious10: 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2016
Shoe - Chu

Just take a guess.
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by Cadamlk: 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3625399_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

How Ghanaians pronouce Words;

her - Herr Paa

Heir - Herr kraa

Hair - herr Paa

Bus - bas Paaa

Bass - Bas Paaa

Mummy - Mammee Charley kraa

Charlie - Charley Paaa

Boy - Charley Paaa

Girl - Charley Kraaa

Dad - Big Charley Paaa

Uncle - Charley Paaa

But - Bat Paaa

Butt - Bat Paa

Bat - Bat Paa

Come - Cam Paa

Cam - Cam Paa

C-um - Cam Kraa

Cap - Kep Paa

Cup - Kep Paa

Mother - Ma der Kraa

Murder - Ma Der

Money - Maa knee

Function - Fank Sheen Paaa

Junction - Jenk Sheen Kraaa

Lump - Lamp Paa

angry

#FuckingAponchiNiggas.. angry
Good job bro.
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by kajoula(m): 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
benardnwaorgu:
I blame Bubu for this.
Ladem quantinu
Aftral, our cawntrey is quarapt, no erestricity, no mani, no fuel, no enfrastrakcha, and we say we are in the 21'st sanctuary.
God punish APC

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: See How Nigerians Pronounce Words According To Ghanians by mutvy: 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
Today is Ghana, yesterday it was South Africa and tomorrow it will be Kenya. What did Nigeria do for all these countries? can't they leave us alone? This is why they call Africa "BLACK".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor / Her Waec Result Was Withdrawn.(pictures ).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.