Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Can I “social Media” Judge You…? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Can I “social Media” Judge You…? (274 Views)

Mercy Aigbe Stuns As Cussons Baby Judge (Photos) / I Know Bobrisky From Scratch, I Can’t Judge Him Now - Actress, Sotayo Confesses / Fans Judge You Even When They Don't Know You-chika Ike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can I “social Media” Judge You…? by ksaylor(m): 11:49am On Apr 21, 2016
Girl: All what I wrote I did not mean it; it is just social media talk.

Boy: Really?

And the kisses you blew and the dears/boos you wrote to him time after time were just you social media-ing and not the real you?

Girl: Yes.

So can I “social media” judge you….It is no more news that the social media has almost eroded traditional inter personal means of conversation which has also led to a decrease in the integrity of people’s words or conversation via the social media.

Nevertheless, there is no doubt that the social media was intended like all new technologies to enhance man’s inadequacies positively although most times the purpose gets twisted.

So back to whether what people do (what they do/say, websites they visit overtime etc) on social media is a reflection of what they belief, yearn for or who they are? So I had to sample opinions of certain persons who engage in social media and below are their various views.

Abike is a female journalist and believes that she does not think what one does on social media is a reflection of the person however that it also depends on the person.

While Oluchi (female) who is an event planner agreed that it reflects but explained that it is not in all cases. And she can only speak for herself.

However, Lonzo, a businessman vehemently agreed that what one does on social media is a reflection of who you are and your state of mind.

When further asked if one cannot have a social media life and a real life, he disagreed stating that your engagements in social media depict your inner person or yearnings.

Ada, another female journalist, said it is a yes and no answer for her. She said that one can have interest that do not define one’s personality even the topics discussed with friends via social media and all.

Well, as for me I can only ask questions for now, would it not be tantamount to living a double life if what you say/do on social media differs from what you practice or say in real life settings. Thus, you can be called a fraud and liar?

Should we then take social media with a pinch of salt and look upon it as a craze no more, no less?

My final words will be, integrity as a trait does not rather should not have a limit but be a way of life.

In essence, why should you say or do what you do not mean on social media when you know you are misleading someone somewhere. Just saying….

Source:https://themindplay.com/2015/06/23/can-i-social-media-judge-you/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Singer Davido Praises Dad For Sponsoring Education Of Over 100 Students / Meant To Be Part Of Chinas Efforts / Word-of-encouragement....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.