Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? (1506 Views)

Man Impregnates Mother, Teenage Daughter / "My Wife Sleeps With Her Pastor" - Leonard Dilkon , Ex Reps Member / My Wife Used New Car To Sow Seed To Her Pastor – Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by Woged2005(f): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
Fellow Parents, with all this recent and frequent news of female church members either getting caught with pastors or even dying in a hotel room:

1). Do you still feel comfortable seeing your fully-developed teenage daughter visiting a male pastor privately?

2). Should churches setup monitoring/ vigilante units for its pastors?

3). Should churches institute regulations that only female pastors (or clergy) can counsel female members in privacy?

4). Should parents place a blanket ban on their daughters attending all night vigils, and private sessions with male pastors?

We can no longer be fooled by such quotes that pastors are untouchables. Recent happenings are proving that modern-day pastors are not living above aboard like olden days prophets and priests. So leave that your quote in your house. Parents are responsible for the safety of their wards and answerable for that. Nothing can be taken for granted anymore.

Suggestions please on raising a young teenager daughter who loves these church activities. undecided
Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by neutrotoba(m): 1:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
If the churches are not willing to implement number 3. Parent could then just avoid any of the drama altogether by using number 4

1 Like

Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by Sunnymatey(m): 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
Anybody that wants to be so comfortable seeing their matured daughters around a male pastor at an ungodly hour or in a secluded place shuld be blame.
Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by thorpido(m): 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
It should be the same rule for all males-pastors or not.You need to raise your daughter to understand dealings with males and to set clear boundaries.

Not all pastors are bad and there are some(which i have seen)who set clear boundaries for themselves.I know one who doesn't see females except he has a female assistant with him.I know another who will only meet with you in open places.

You can't ban your daughter from attending church activities or else you might get rebellion,especially if you have one who loves church activities.One way of monitoring your daughter is to attend some of those activities with her.

3 Likes

Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by crackhaus: 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
Why anyone (teenage or adult) would even carry on with the belief that a pastor has the answers to all their problems still bewilders me to this day.

10 Likes

Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by santafe(m): 10:13am On Apr 25, 2016
I will never allow my teenage daughter to visit even an angel. Pastor ko Pastor ni. recipe for molestation loading
Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by nnamdibig(m): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2016
I will never allow such. Teenage girls generally should not be allow to pay pastors private visits. Even Catholic Church put an age bracket(10-12yrs) for alter boys & girls. No more teenagers but little boys & girls.

1 Like

Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by jashar(f): 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
In the 1st place, if you don't trust your Pastor to have guiding principles that governs his meetings, flee.
There are still decent Pastors in the world.

2ndly, teach your children how to be street wise to detect unscrupulous behaviours from any gender. Sad to say in this world we live in now, females molest females and males molest males.

2 Likes

Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by OgaMadam(f): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2019
Woged2005:

4). Should parents place a blanket ban on their daughters attending all night vigils, and private sessions with male pastors?

. undecided

This question should wake you up. OFCOURSE why would let your dau.......

You know what. Questions like these - when this is disgustingly unacceptable angry
Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by OgaMadam(f): 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
private visit to a pastor

Really? A whole PRIVATE visit by a young vulnerable kid

Am outta here
Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by tpiander: 6:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
Just make sure whenever people begin the finger pointing, that you know where to blame, ie where did it start or who started it.
Re: Parents: How Do You Handle Your Teenage Daughter's Private Visit To Her Pastor? by Eroms4life17(m): 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
A private visit to a pastor? Pastor nor get prick? What stops the parent from accompanying their child to see the pastor? Why will they not consult a female pastor instead? Why will the parents not insist that a female assistant be present when the counselling is going on? Most of these girls are the ones enticing the pastor because they want to get a piece of the Holy dick. The girl and the pastor wants it so let it be. But before God.........

(1) (Reply)

A Nairaland Birthday Wish To His Lovely Twins Sisters / What Does Matthew 19:9 Mean? / 5 Ways To "Create" A DEMON Out Of Your Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.