Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? (1144 Views)

"Do Not Revenge Herdsmen Attacks" - Buhari Appeals To Victims Of Attacks / Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard / Herdsmen Attacks: 81 Dead In Benue State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by adetayo234: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
I just observed that Fulani herdsmen attacks were not rampant like this when Jonathan was president. How come they are now so many these days, especially since their tribesman became president?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by TippyTop(m): 5:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
Simple answer to your question is this. Miyetti Allah Grand Patron is now the president of Nigeria, Miyetti Allah members now see the whole of Nigeria as their grazing ground.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by igbolive(m): 5:24pm On Apr 21, 2016
The way I see it the fulani herdsmen are direct descendant of boko haram. The government may doing their best but it is not enough to tackle this security problem we are facing. The government should act fast before another group emerge again. May God help us.
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by DesChyko: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
Probably the lack of rain is not making grazing ground availability easier.
But then, they know they're untouchable.
The god of the bat pays house rent for the bat.
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by adetayo234: 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
While boko haram was raving, Fulani herdsmen were not this violent. But when boko haram is going down, Fulani herdsmen seem to take on renewed vigour in violence.
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by krak101(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
Climate change is a big factor. Nomads are forced to move from the savanna regions to the hinterlands. So in the nearest future they'll be on the Atlantic ocean headed for the Americas

1 Like

Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by esthel(f): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
I witnessed one this afternoon, I had to pick something from a friend somewhere in abuja, as I was abt alighting from d bike I saw two fulani boys and an elderly man throwing stones at themselves, d street was kind of lonely and I was scared they were going to hurt him, they even pulled a machete to attack him before people started coming out, the man explained that they had brought their cattle to his farm stepped on the things he planted and we're also plucking mango, while trying to chase them they started throwing stones at him. Emergency needs to be declared as soon as possible, it's getting out of hand.

7 Likes

Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by adetayo234: 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
krak101:
Climate change is a big factor. Nomads are forced to move from the savanna regions to the hinterlands. So in the nearest future they'll be on the Atlantic ocean headed for the Americas

It only happens that the "big factor" started when buhari became President.
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by krak101(m): 9:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
adetayo234:

It only happens that the "big factor" started when buhari became President.
what more can I say grin
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by adetayo234: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2016
esthel:
I witnessed one this afternoon, I had to pick something from a friend somewhere in abuja, as I was abt alighting from d bike I saw two fulani boys and an elderly man throwing stones at themselves, d street was kind of lonely and I was scared they were going to hurt him, they even pulled a machete to attack him before people started coming out, the man explained that they had brought their cattle to his farm stepped on the things he planted and we're also plucking mango, while trying to chase them they started throwing stones at him. Emergency needs to be declared as soon as possible, it's getting out of hand.

the only solution is to kill them before they kill you.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Babalegba(m): 11:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
Buharis attention is needed on that issue

1 Like

Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Pidggin(f): 2:55am On Apr 22, 2016
Ask Buhari who gave them a sense of entitlement
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by enlightenedmind: 3:13am On Apr 22, 2016
America wants Buhari to devalue by force hence the fulani herdsmen who are not really fulani herdsmen, New boko haram with no purpose than to kill, and Niger delta militants, the weaponized IPOB. All America's startegy to split NIgeria DE-FACTO so they can manipulate their way tru

1 Like

Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by Standing5(m): 4:24am On Apr 22, 2016
Another explanation is:
deforestation is forcing them out of previously conquered territories and into new survival battle field.
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by meccuno: 4:39am On Apr 22, 2016
adetayo234:
I just observed that Fulani herdsmen attacks were not rampant like this when Jonathan was president. How come they are now so many these days, especially since their tribesman became president?
to complete the islamisation of Nigeria!! When you inject virus into the body you get infected and die. The grazing bill is a technical way of spreading their domination by owning lands and becoming indigenous to those places. Then take over is complete
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by ednut1(m): 6:32am On Apr 22, 2016
there are over 20m fulani herdmen in Nigeria. 15m of dem are not surely on rampage. the media is overhyping this for evil gains. not a fan of herdsmen nd do not support d yeye grazing reserve tin sha
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by LMFashions: 7:03am On Apr 22, 2016
Babalegba:

U may have to wait forever
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by adetayo234: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2016
Babalegba:

they are his kinsmen. I'm certain he is enjoying the series of murder.
Re: Why The Increase In Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? by FULANIGERIA: 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
esthel:
Fulanis have more right than the rest on Nigerians, we own Nigeria. Nigeria belongs to us.

(1) (Reply)

Kano: Minjibir House Of Representative Election Turns Violent / Money Abuse!!! Photos Of A Traditional Wedding In Njaba Imo State. / We Are In For Worse Times, Because We Failed To Diversify Our Economy- Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.