Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Help! My Android Phone Has Been Damaged In A Tricky Way - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! My Android Phone Has Been Damaged In A Tricky Way (780 Views)

Which Android Phone Has These Specifications? Help / Your Mobile Phone Might Be At Risk Of Been Damaged By Crypto-miners / Budget Phones: What Phone Has Excellent Qualities At A Reasonable Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Android Phone Has Been Damaged In A Tricky Way by Eze2000(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello pals, I have a little issue with my android phone, a Tecno G9 table, Android version 4.2.2. The issue is this. About a month ago I had a downloaded photo at a cafe and transfered to my phone. A book cover photo actually. I didn't notice then but 3 days ago I tried to transfer some pix from my phone to laptop and discovered it wasn't possible because the phone's file system had been ruined. Most of the folders on phone's USB storage are gone, deleted. There is the DCM, the ringtone, lost dir, skypee, whatsapps........that's it! No pictures, downloads or music folders etc and thus I cannot find d folders to open and access necessary info to transfer to my laptop. The phone works perfectly its just the ruined usb storage/ file manager system. How do I correct this please? I'm thinking that just getting another Android phone and copying its usb file storage system onto my phone's will it solve the problem. Or is this a big problem? Pls assist me here
Re: Help! My Android Phone Has Been Damaged In A Tricky Way by tripplephi: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2016
Eze2000:
Hello pals,
I have a little issue with my android phone, a Tecno G9 table, Android version
The issue is this. About a month ago I had a downloaded photo at a cafe and
transfered to my phone. A book cover photo actually. I didn't notice then but 3
days ago I tried to transfer some pix from my phone to laptop and discovered
it wasn't possible because the phone's file system had been ruined.
Most of the folders on phone's USB storage are gone, deleted. There is the
DCM, the ringtone, lost dir, skypee, whatsapps........that's it!
No pictures, downloads or music folders etc and thus I cannot find d folders to
open and access necessary info to transfer to my laptop.
The phone works perfectly its just the ruined usb storage/ file manager
system.
How do I correct this please? I'm thinking that just getting another Android
phone and copying its usb file storage system onto my phone's will it solve the
problem.
Or is this a big problem?
Pls assist me here

OK here is the solution

Plug it to a laptop and enable debugging mode on your USB connection settings in your fone

After that

On your laptop use a software called smadavv anti-virus to scan the memory card and you will all hidden folders and make sure you un-hide them.

. That's all about it. It's a simple Trojan, relax and follow the steps above and you will smile n get your files back. They are not deleted o only hidden.
Re: Help! My Android Phone Has Been Damaged In A Tricky Way by khalhokage(m): 1:28am On Apr 22, 2016
After following the instructions above, scan your PC with smadav also, full scan to take care of the Trojan that's infected it from your tablet, otherwise any other USB storage device you plug in it would suffer the same fate.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung S7 Edge / Between Iphone And Android / First Official Images Of Samsung Galaxy Note 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.