Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? (9637 Views)

Where Is Benue’s Most Wanted Man, Ghana? / What Is Benue State Doing?? / Why Is Benue, Nasarawa, Kogi, Jos, Abuja Classified As North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by enlightenedmind: 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2016
Please just a quick question. Just incase, let's know where we belong. Is Benue state part of Biafra. Considering Benue is the only Predominatly Christian state unfortunately classified as "North-Central". What are we please?

And are we prepared to live under d caliphate/koran laws.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by Fmartin(m): 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
nop benue is nt part of biafra

6 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by raumdeuter: 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2016
Borno is part of Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by HammerTheirPapa(f): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2016
If they want to be Biafrans nobody is stopping them. You only need common sense to be Biafran. Even the sultan of Sokoto if he becones sensible tommorow and understand that All men are created equal and ban the Almajiri/ Feudal social system, by default he becomes Biafr*n.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by brize(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
If they want to be Biafrans nobody is stopping them. You only need common sense to be Biafran. Even the sultan of Sokoto if he becones sensible tommorow and understand that All men are created equal and ban the Almajiri/ Feudal social system by default he becomes Biafr*n.

2 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 7:24am On Apr 22, 2016
enlightenedmind:
Please just a quick question. Just incase, let's know where we belong. Is Benue state part of Biafra. Considering Benue is the only Predominatly Christian state unfortunately classified as "North-Central". What are we please?

And are we prepared to live under d caliphate/koran laws.
Benue will not be part of Biafra ...there are Muslim elements in benue and I think Biafra will not be comfortable with Muslim and Muslim will not be comfortable in Biafra

Yes we have Igbo indigenous to benue...automatically they are biafrans but agatu,idoma,igalla must apply..they were the ones used to fight the igbos ..but that is noted and forgiven

I think Biafra is and will be only a Christian thing

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by kingzizzy: 7:27am On Apr 22, 2016
The Igbos of the lower Benue! The Umu-Ezeohka people. A question mark still hangs over Idoma and Igala.

8 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by babyfaceafrica: 7:29am On Apr 22, 2016
Lolz..see question

1 Like

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by babyfaceafrica: 7:30am On Apr 22, 2016
christopher123:

Benue will not be part of Biafra ...there are Muslim elements in benue and I think Biafra will not be comfortable with Muslim and Muslim will not be comfortable in Biafra

Yes we have Igbo indigenous to benue...automatically they are biafrans but agatu,idoma,igalla must apply..they were the ones used to fight the igbos ..but that is noted and forgiven

I think Biafra is and will be only a Christian thing
what of the minority muslims is SE?...what will happen to them

5 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 7:34am On Apr 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:

Who are the minority Muslim ...I am in my 30s born and raised in East ..I have not seen an Igbo,Ibibio,efik or ogoja Muslim....

The minority Muslim will have two options . either to denounce their Muslim or loose citizenship and go on self imposed exile

We do not want a country where there will be bombing and nomadic life

That's my own position and I don't want to be politically correct

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by PRXPERT: 7:52am On Apr 22, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
If they want to be Biafrans nobody is stopping them. You only need common sense to be Biafran. Even the sultan of Sokoto if he becones sensible tommorow and understand that All men are created equal and ban the Almajiri/ Feudal social system; by default he becomes Biafr*n.
what a response!!

4 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2016
HammerTheirPapa:
If they want to be Biafrans nobody is stopping them. You only need common sense to be Biafran. Even the sultan of Sokoto if he becones sensible tommorow and understand that All men are created equal and ban the Almajiri/ Feudal social system; by default he becomes Biafr*n.

Nwa chineke...love this! One thing that makes me cherish Biiafra is the principle that all men are created equal...very powerful! A principle that is the core of the Igbo culture!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
kingzizzy:
The Igbos of the lower Benue! The Umu-Ezeohka people. A question mark still hangs over Idoma and Igala.

Gbam and that of kogi

2 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by macluvph1(m): 8:12am On Apr 22, 2016
Owe!!!!, Umu chukwu(nwa Chineke), keep on broadcasting the gospel truth.

mbiawa, Ikwerre mekaa ooooo.

Proudly Pitakwa boy(Igweocha).

8 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by PreyingMantis(m): 8:13am On Apr 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
There are no Muslims in the South-East. Stop that useless propaganda. All muslims in Igboland are immigrants and they will be properly accomodated because Igbos are highly tolerant people.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by babyfaceafrica: 8:19am On Apr 22, 2016
PreyingMantis:
There are no Muslims in the South-East. Stop that useless propaganda. All muslims in Igboland are immigrants and they will be properly accomodated because Igbos are highly tolerant people.
that's a lie....just because 99.9 percent are christains does not mean there are no igbos or delta igbos that are muslim.....

1 Like

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by MrAnalyst: 8:21am On Apr 22, 2016
The whole thing is really spreading. Even as high north as Benue! Some Benue indigenes are considering-Some will have to denounce is lam.

3 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 22, 2016
TODAY IN HISTORY!!!

Shortly after dawn broke on April 22, 1990, the following broadcast was heard over the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) in Lagos:

"Fellow Nigerian Citizens, On behalf of the patriotic and well-meaning peoples of the Middle Belt and the southern parts of this country, I , Major Gideon Orkar, wish to happily inform you of the successful ousting of the dictatorial, corrupt, drug baronish, evil man, deceitful, homo-sexually-centered, prodigalistic, un-patriotic administration of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida. We have equally commenced their trials for unabated corruption, mismanagement of national economy, the murders of Dele Giwa, Major-General Mamman Vatsa, with other officers as there was no attempted coup but mere intentions that were yet to materialise and other human rights violations.

The National Guard already in its formative stage is disbanded with immediate effect. Decrees Number 2 and 46 are hereby abrogated. We wish to emphasise that this is not just another coup but a well conceived, planned and executed revolution for the marginalised, oppressed and enslaved peoples of the Middle Belt and the south with a view to freeing ourselves and children yet unborn from eternal slavery and colonisation by a clique of this country.

Our history is replete with numerous and uncontrollable instances of callous and insensitive dominatory repressive intrigues by those who think it is their birthright to dominate till eternity the political and economic privileges of this great country to the exclusion of the people of the Middle Belt and the south.

They have almost succeeded in subjugating the Middle Belt and making them voiceless and now extending same to the south. It is our unflinching belief that this quest for domination, oppression and marginalisation is against the wish of God and therefore, must be resisted with the vehemence.

Anything that has a begin. Gideon Orkaa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 8:32am On Apr 22, 2016
MrAnalyst:
The whole thing is really spreading. Even as high north as Benue! Some Benue indigenes are considering-Some will have to denounce is lam.

Then let them denounce Islam ..espouse and remove every iota of Islam in them, change their names from suilaman to Solomon, dauda to David ..then they should come for baptism classes ...they will be baptised by immersion and they should know the declaration of Christian faith and read I believe in one God and accept Jesus Christ as lord and personal saviour ...then and only then they will be considered ..it won't be automatic membership but they have to prove it.

We can't and will not have Islamic mentality in the new place ..the Islamic benue people should stay in their Islamic state ....as of benue Christian ..I am sorry there is nothing we can do about it

Ofu aka ruta Manu ozue ora onu

9 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by tysontim(m): 8:33am On Apr 22, 2016
Fairness, justice and equality is what we need to make Nigeria better. Unfortunatly I don't see this happening wit Muslims. Yes a new country is needed, It will be best when it includes the Yorubas bar Kwara.

I am saying this because the number of intermarriages between Igbo and Yorubas is actually much. Some familes are made Igbos and Yorubas . I am not talking about those ones we hear I an talking about the ones I see. For e.g my cousin is set to marry a yoruba man from Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 8:34am On Apr 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
that's a lie....just because 99.9 percent are christains does not mean there are no igbos or delta igbos that are muslim.....

The 0.1% that are Muslim is inconsequential and I have not seen any one ....they are to go on self imposed exile

If you go to Rome you behave like Romans
If you are in Biafra you must act in accordance

5 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 22, 2016
christopher123:

Who are the minority Muslim ...I am in my 30s born and raised in East ..I have not seen an Igbo,Ibibio,efik or ogoja Muslim....

The minority Muslim will have two options . either to denounce their Muslim or loose citizenship and go on self imposed exile

We do not want a country where there will be bombing and nomadic life

That's my own position and I don't want to be politically correct

Hahaha...love this blunt response! The guy you replied I assure you is y0ruba muslim; he is looking for religion accommodation in Biiafra..Lol!

11 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by MrAnalyst: 8:36am On Apr 22, 2016
christopher123:

Then let them denounce Islam ..espouse and remove every iota of Islam in them, change their names from suilaman to Solomon, dauda to David ..then they should come for baptism classes ...they will be baptised by immersion and they should know the declaration of Christian faith and read I believe in one God and accept Jesus Christ as lord and personal saviour ...then and only then they will be considered ..it won't be automatic membership but they have to prove it.

We can't and will not have Islamic mentality in the new place ..the Islamic benue people should stay in their Islamic state ....as of benue Christian ..I am sorry there is nothing we can do about it

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by babyfaceafrica: 8:36am On Apr 22, 2016
christopher123:

The 0.1% that are Muslim is inconsequential and I have not seen any one ....they are to go on self imposed exile

If you go to Rome you behave like Romans
If you are in Biafra you must act in accordance
they should go on self imposed exile?....and they are your people and family?....well that's your opinion and your are entitled to it..morning

1 Like

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by MrAnalyst: 8:38am On Apr 22, 2016
christopher123:

The processes are many o. hahahahaaa. Well you're correct,they'll have to prove it!
***By the way where's enlightenedmind? Come and declare your interest/uninterest

1 Like

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2016
tysontim:
Fairness, justice and equality is what we need to make Nigeria better. Unfortunatly I don't see this happening wit Muslims. Yes a new country is needed, It will be best when it includes the Yorubas bar Kwara.

I am saying this because the number of intermarriages between Igbo and Yorubas is actually much. Some familes are made Igbos and Yorubas . I am not talking about those ones we hear I an talking about the ones I see. For e.g my cousin is set to marry a yoruba man from Ibadan.

So what are you saying ? Let us not even talk about Yoruba inclusion because it will never happen...we can have diplomatic and bileteral relationship with Yoruba as friends but they will never be part of the country...my own suggestion

They will have automatic resident permit and business permits as the bileteral agreement stipulate but that won't amount to citizenship ...even in the case of intermarriage unless an Igbo man married a Yoruba woman ..the woman won't be Biafra but kids biafran...same with the Yoruba ..if a Yoruba man married Igbo woman ..the woman is biafran but the kids are not biafran

These would be sorted out in the bileteral and diplomatic agreement ...there might be joint forces and joint naval agreement ....also thwrw will be nautical agreement

Thus we have a good friendship ..we have developed a sweet sour relationship and we intend it to continue but in an unstoppable unsophisticated manner ....

What we are scared of and wary of is Islamic tendency and that we will not want to happen...we have seen the Islamic gift to the world and we are not in a haste to accept that gift ..we can view from a distance

Aesthetic

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 8:46am On Apr 22, 2016
MrAnalyst:

The processes are many o. hahahahaaa. Well you're correct,they'll have to prove it!
***By the way where's enlightenedmind? Come and declare your interest/uninterested?

But that is the due process ..I am sorry if it's too long but it must be followed meticulously.

I didn't even say the mastery if king James version from genesis to revelation.. This will erase all Islamic knowledge in their brain ..but that is been debated upon .

Do you know the carnage Islamic mentality can do?

If you know these...you will understand that this is even small to what is applicable in Angola and Japan

Have you ever heard of terrorist attack in those countries?

There is no Muslim there and they will not accept it ..even in Brazil and manybsouth America like Argentina

We want sanity not jihad

4 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by MrAnalyst: 8:49am On Apr 22, 2016
christopher123:

So what are you saying ? Let us not even talk about Yoruba inclusion because it will never happen...we can have diplomatic and bileteral relationship with Yoruba as friends but they will never be part of the country...my own suggestion

They will have automatic resident permit and business permits as the bileteral agreement stipulate but that won't amount to citizenship ...even in the case of intermarriage unless an Igbo man married a Yoruba woman ..the woman won't be Biafra but kids biafran...same with the Yoruba ..if a Yoruba man married Igbo woman ..the woman is biafran but the kids are not biafran

These would be sorted out in the bileteral and diplomatic agreement ...there might be joint forces and joint naval agreement ....also thwrw will be nautical agreement

Thus we have a good friendship ..we have developed a sweet sour relationship and we intend it to continue but in an unstoppable unsophisticated manner ....

What we are scared of and wary of is Islamic tendency and that we will not want to happen...we have seen the Islamic gift to the world and we are not in a haste to accept that gift ..we can view from a distance

Aesthetic

We need not bother about citizenship. The international standards of citizenship will most likely apply. Just stringent laws on Islam are needed.
cc Tysontim forget Yoruba entirely!!!

4 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 8:52am On Apr 22, 2016
PreyingMantis:

Have you not seen the result of accommodation in Germany ,in France , in Sweden and bring it home in agatu,in mile 12 and else where

There will be a resolution on the mode of accommodation.. In short they will be quarantined not accommodated if there is any facility for that .

We don't want our 10yr old girls to be kidnapped and taken away

8 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 8:53am On Apr 22, 2016
MrAnalyst:

We need not bother about citizenship. The international standards of citizenship will most likely apply. Just stringent laws on Islam are needed.
cc Tysontim forget Yoruba entirely!!!

Well you are correct but the citizenship must have standards

2 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by christopher123(m): 8:57am On Apr 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
they should go on self imposed exile?....and they are your people and family?....well that's your opinion and your are entitled to it..morning

And my opinion is the opinion of majority...and if my people are Muslim which I have not seen ..even in my whole senatorial zone I have not seen a mosque ..ID my people refuse to convert then they will go on exile

In Igbo land we always exile and ostracise people so it is not a new thing.....if you don't conform we confirm you as not part of us

Do you really know the harm Islam has done and is doing ? I don't hate people but I hate what they practise

6 Likes

Re: Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? by MrAnalyst: 9:04am On Apr 22, 2016
christopher123:

Well you are correct but the citizenship must have standards

But wait a minute! I gave it another thought,seems your patrilineal mode of citizenship actually makes sense. Very correct! Laws will be enacted,I trust the new emerging leadership will consider this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NPC Puts Nigeria’s Life Expectancy At 52 Years / Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million / Full Text Of President Buhari’s 2022 Budget Presentation Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.