Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know (1465 Views)

Wooow!! Osun State Batch A 2016 Corpers Just Got 60k Each From Davido's Father / NYSC Batch “A” 2016 Call Up Letter Is Currently Out –see How To Print Yours / Latest News From Nysc For Batch A 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know by Goodays(m): 1:23am On Apr 22, 2016
Congratulations otondos as you have seen where you have been posted to. To make life easier and smooth I would give you hints about what to do and what to expect on your first day. Courtesy: EVATESE BLOG. After receiving your call-up letter, you are expected to report to the orientation camp of the state you are posted to on the date specified on the letter. You will reside there for a period of 3 weeks. It could either be THE BEST 3 WEEKS OF YOUR LIFE or THE WORST 3 WEEKS OF YOUR LIFE. The choice is totally yours. Most people say that it is advisable to get to camp on the second day and third day so as to avoid the hustle. From my experience, arriving early actually paid off for me. It wasn’t like I arrived by 6am but at least I got to camp by noon. Now this advice varies from camp to camp. Those camps that are always filled up like Lagos, Ogun, Abuja, Oyo etc. are always crazy on the first day. My camp was smooth and easy-going, maybe because I was just lucky. Let’s start the process together …….continue reading PART 1: ARRIVING AT CAMP I was surprised to know that some people arrived at camp the day before so as to get good accommodation and maybe some to bypass the hustle. At my camp I can say it didn’t pay from my perspective. When you enter camp, just start embracing strength and endurance for 3 weeks. You would be directed to the Police post where your luggage would be checked so as to ensure everyone complies with expectations of what not to bring to camp. You would write your name and be given a number that is very important during the registration period, so do not misplace it. I almost did .God saved me. Luckily for me the soldier that I met to search mine didn’t even do that so I didn’t waste time. Always have your documents handy and ready at any stand or post for registration. Also always have a biro and your passport ready as to avoid insult and embarrassment from officials. PART 2: ACCOMODATION This was kind of easy at my camp then. I got in line with other female otondos. Mine took place near the female hostel. I wrote my name after showing them my temporary number that was issued to me at the police post. Then I was directed to a room to pick up a mattress. You shouldn’t expect comfort o. The bed was so flat that I just adjusted my mind to take whatever was given. Then from collection of mattress you will be directed to your rooms for the 3 weeks. The mattress that would be given is nothing to write about. I’m sure they are up to 20 years old. They are just an inch thick. This is very important and this is where you have to be smart to get a good one. I was with my friends and we wanted to stay together but the official there was forming work. Alas, we got to stay near each other. If you know you can’t tolerate people and their behaviors, it is advisable you take the upper bunk. Top bunkers have to either keep their stuff on their bed, on the side of the bed, or ask if their bunk mate to share their space under the bed. But if you want the comfort of the down bunk no problem. An advantage of the down bunk is that you could store your stuff (suitcase, buckets, etc.) under the bed. Be smart about it. Most people always fight for that space though. I chose the bottom bunk because I didn’t want to worry about hopping on and off. This process can vary from camp to camp and also depending on when you arrive at camp. Also most of the bunks there are spoilt so just get ready to accept anything. You have no choice. PART 3: REGISTRATION Always ask questions to avoid mistakes and insults o. Ensure your files and documents are with you at every point in time. Firstly, check for where your school number is then when you hear that number you go there and do some clarification, this can be called Issuance of Counterfoil. Or it could be different. Well I can’t really recall every step but I know that the queue wasn’t that long. It took me 2 hours to finish up. Your call-up letter would be clarified for originality and authentication by UV / Mercury Light verification, you will be taking another passport regardless of the ones you have for the computer registration and verification process. Then this is where you would be given your permanent state code number for the whole service year. Ensure you fill whatever forms that would be issued to you correctly. Avoid mistakes. PART 4: KIT COLLECTION AND PLATOON REGISTRATION This is the last phase. It’s where you collect your NYSC issued kits to you. This can be very annoying in the sense that you can hardly be given your size. I was given a big shoe and extra-large outfits. Those that get early enough had collected the reasonable sizes; I guess that is an advantage of coming early. The kits that would be given to you at first are the pair of tennis shoes and pair of jungle boots. You could then look for someone to exchange with – for example, if your shoes are too big, you might be able to find someone with big feet who was given a smaller size, and then swap. If you are lucky (and that’s extremely lucky), you might just find your exact size. You would then have to locate your platoon stand. Your Platoon number is the last digit of your state code. For instance if your given state code number is 0503, then you are in platoon 3. Every corper is attached to a platoon and most of your activities including morning drills, competitions would be conducted according to platoons. This is like you nuclear family for the 3 weeks. Here you would fill some forms, then will be given a pair of the NYSC khaki Trouser and jacket + belts, 2 white t-shirts, 2 white shorts and 2pairs of socks and NYSC crested vest. You would be given some small booklets like Camp Schedule, the NYSC anthem, rules and regulations, etc.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know by kingphilip(m): 2:55am On Apr 22, 2016
lalasticlala, i think this is worth a space in the front page

a great piece i must confess.. I'm among those that just passed out and i think i should give a little advice too

as regards the early going to camp, to we posted to ogun state i think a day before is okay because all in all it aided those who went to the orientation camp during our set i inclusive to register on time and settle down into the camp activities quite early notwithstanding the commencement of the parades same day before 2pm..

the 3weeks was fun for me not because i engaged in any of the vices but my mind was made up that this camp i'm going to enjoy it come what may and i think that will help too and note that following INSTRUCTIONS JUDICIOUSLY stays you out of trouble thereby aiding you to avoid embarrassing moments and ruining your goal of enjoying the fun accompanying the camp

wishing all prospective corp members a blissful three weeks and a great experience in your service year

good morning nairalanders
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know by xclusiveguy4(m): 5:31am On Apr 22, 2016
thanks dude
#TEAMNASARAWA
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know by emee21: 9:39am On Apr 22, 2016
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BATCH ‘A CORP MEMBERS!
HERE IS A SPECIAL OFFER TO ALL BATCH’ A CORP MEMBERS POSTED TO ABIA, ANAMBRA, RIVERS, DELTA AND LAGOS STATE.

APARALINE COMPANY WOULD DROP YOU ALL IN YOUR RESPECTIVE CAMPS WITH OUR FULLY AIR-CONDITIONED BUSES AT VERY AFFORDABLE PRICES. HERE ARE SOME OF OUR LOADING POINTS AND BOOKING OFFICES;

447, Agege Motor Road Bolade Oshodi Lagos State.

Jibowo Bus stop Ikorodu Road Lagos.
5, Idimu road by Ikotun road-about Ikotun, Lagos State.

Badagry Express Road By Maza Maza B/stop, Lagos.

43, Egbu road, Owerri, Imo State.

3, Milverton Avenue Aba Abia State.
Ohia New park, Umuahia

120, Olu Obasanjo road, Waterline Bus-stop, Opposite RTC main gate, Rivers State.

For further Enquiries; Call 08033010870, 08033539958, 07064482324.

Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
Questions O!!! 1. What are the items not expected @d camp 2. Can i go with my laptop
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know by Goodays(m): 12:33am On Apr 23, 2016
moxter:
Questions O!!! 1. What are the items not expected @d camp 2. Can i go with my laptop
Laptop is not allowed.
No breakable plates is allowed
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know by martmal(m): 6:15am On Apr 23, 2016
Pls question oooo. What time does registration start and what time is getting to camp early? Will be leaving for FCT camp from Ekiti and I want to know if its advisable to go a day before. Wanna join OBS and someone advised me to get there early.
Re: NYSC Batch A 2016 : All You Need To Know by pumpy007(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
How many passport is needed thanks

(1) (Reply)

2017 Batch 'A' NYSC PCMs Have You Seen This? / Lagos Island PPA Alert / NYSC Awaits Directives On Payment Of N30, 000 Minimum Wage To Corps Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.