Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? (1234 Views)

Kenny Blaq, Comedian: "It Is Hard For A Star To Find True Love” / Da Grin's 30th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Da Grin's 29th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:18am On Apr 22, 2016
On this day, 22nd April in 2010, Nigerian Music industry lost a great star with a midas touch who has immortalized himself by etching his name on everyone's heart. His name was Da Grin.

Da Grin whose birth name was Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun and also known as Barack O'Grin, Lyrical Werre, Fi mi le Jo, was born on October 21, 1987. The " Omo Ogun" who grew up in lagos gave up the the ghost after a horrendous car accident, at the age of 22 in Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Lagos.  

He set remarkable precedence for people like Olamide, Phyno and their ilks by thrilling a wide range of audiences across ethnic and religious boundaries with electrifying jamz. He took traditional rap to another level beyond the exosphere where only Olamide has been able to come close to. He deserves to be canonized in the music industry. He was defiant, lyrically assertive, resolute and undaunted
To commemorate this great Star, I would like us to drop our favorite lines and memories of him.

Mine is, "I know say heaven dey, God even dey, when you

Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by mopinks(f): 7:20am On Apr 22, 2016
Won ni mo kuru but lori bed mo buru wink wink wink

Dammit......i soooooo love his Jimmy jumpoff
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by Rikidony(m): 7:26am On Apr 22, 2016
I am not Yoruba
but I love this emo ni Barrack Obama emo ni barrack O grin
before u chop cake u go know say heaven dey
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by powerfulsettingz: 7:30am On Apr 22, 2016
Still hunting for fuel to comment
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:33am On Apr 22, 2016
mopinks:
Won ni mo kuru but lori bed mo buru wink wink wink

Dammit......i soooooo love his Jimmy jumpoff
Yeah, J jumpoff is dope. Was listening to his "Thank God ft Omawumi" and "Iwofa featuring Bigiano", and shiis were still banging as hell.
He also had crazy producers whom we barely hear about lately unlike before.
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2016
Rikidony:
I am not Yoruba

but I love this emi ni Barrack Obama emi ni barrack O grin

before u chop cake u go know say heaven dey

He was just always on point with his impeccable lines. He literally killed that track "born champion remix". Even dem MI sehf dey fear then grin
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:37am On Apr 22, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
Still hunting for fuel to comment

Bros, God go provide for you o grin. No sha go buy palm oil and kerosene out of "petro-desperation" cheesy
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by bankyblue(m): 7:40am On Apr 22, 2016
Make I go look foR. The album.....I they come
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by Rikidony(m): 7:41am On Apr 22, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

He was just always on point with his impeccable lines. He literally killed that track "born champion remix". Even dem MI sehf dey fear then grin
he's a legend bro
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 7:51am On Apr 22, 2016
bankyblue:
Make I go look foR. The album.....I they come

You don see am now?
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by donfemo(m): 7:55am On Apr 22, 2016
He made good music
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by Mprex(f): 9:01am On Apr 22, 2016
cant say. aint yoruba but my best song from him is 'If I Die'
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by coolsamba(m): 9:31am On Apr 22, 2016
Money no dey drive me....money na my conductor
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by ikorodureporta: 9:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Lalasticlala, u see this! Lets celebrate our own

...that song he did with YQ (efimile), remains my best naija hiphop collabo

Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:20am On Apr 22, 2016
ikorodureporta:
Lalasticlala, u see this! Lets celebrate our own

...that song he did with YQ (efimile), remains my best naija hiphop collabo

I concur a million times. As hip-hop as the song is, it touches the soul to the marrow. He's worth to be celebrated as Fela is. That single album "CEO" resonated with everyone. His death shut the whole of Lagos down. Miss that G mhen!
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:21am On Apr 22, 2016
Mprex:
cant say. aint yoruba but my best song from him is 'If I Die'
That was his last and he passed deep messages in that track. Just so deep
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 10:25am On Apr 22, 2016
donfemo:
He made good music

Really good. In all his collabos, you'd just have to pay attention to enjoy his lines.
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by 0955eb027(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2016
I'm coming to come and drop ma fav line. RIP akogun.
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by SCHOOLDROPOUT(m): 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2016
0955eb027:
I'm coming to come and drop ma fav line. RIP akogun.
You still dey search am bro? Lol
Re: Dagrin:a Star To Remember After 6 Years. What's Your Favorite Da Grin's Line? by 0955eb027(m): 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
SCHOOLDROPOUT:

You still dey search am bro? Lol
i no dey search o, na d hunger wey dey waya me suppress am. I go soon drop am.

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce And Her Daughter Rocks Matching Outfit (photos ) / Please Join Me Welcome My Friend Ladyg16 To Nairaland Photo / Watch: Mavin Records Di'ja Announce The Birth Of Her Son In Short Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.