Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi (813 Views)

Racist Comments By White Men On Ghana Explosion Pointed Out By Nigerian Man / Police Arrest Prophet Patrick Mugadza Who Prophesied Mugabe's Death In 2017 / Harriet Tubman To Replace Andrew Jackson On The Face Of The $20 Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by IkennaNweke(m): 8:25am On Apr 22, 2016
Last year the Treasury Department announced that they were considering replacing founding father Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill with a woman, and asked citizens to use the hashtag #TheNew10 to nominate women who they think should be featured. However, since then the Treasury has come up with a better idea to refresh their currency. Hamilton is now safe on the $10, but Harriet Tubman will replace President Andrew Jackson – a President and slave owner – on the new $20 bill. Harriet Tubman, a woman, a person of color and a progressive activist, was born into slavery. She’s been recognized as an American icon thanks to her role as an abolitionist.

However, commenting on the Treasury’s decision, former Airway Heights Mayor Patrick Rushing wasn’t too happy about it and made no effort to hide it. “I really don’t think that’s a smart choice,” Rushing, who resigned in July of last year for racist comments regarding Barack and Michelle Obama, argued. “In fact, I believe that was one of the stupidest things we could have done to resolve the issue. And while we’re on the subject, I’m not really sure we have an issue here to begin with. Andrew Jackson was a great American and a great president. And let me remind you that most white people owned slaves at the time. Should Jackson be blamed for being true to the time he lived in? I don’t think so. And I also think many Americans today agree with me.”

“Therefore, I don’t see how putting a black gorilla on the $20 bill is going to help make African-Americans feel more equal to white people,” the former mayor also added. “If anything, it is only going to further destroy the American economy. Nobody wants to have a $20 bill in their pocket that has a picture of an abolitionist on it. That’s just insane. Black people have been trying to forget what they went through in the 19th century for hundreds of years. And if we go ahead with this, we’re only going to rekindle a dying flame. All men were created equal, but not all of them are deserving enough to be on our money. And this country was built on money, so you can surely understand the importance of who we put on it.”

Rushing also said that “we’re already the laughing stock of every major nation in the world,” including countries that “we used to laugh at for a ton of reasons.” “The wheel of luck is turning, some people would say. I would personally argue that we’re being stupid enough to let it turn instead of controlling the damn thing like we have so far. But, that’s what happens when you have a Democratic, black gorilla presidential couple. And you know it was Michelle Obama who actually pushed for Tubman to make it to the $20 bill. But, I guess that’s just the way of the world. One black gorilla always helps out another. They’re like the mafia, only harder to spot in the dark.”
Re: Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by iameugene(m): 8:34am On Apr 22, 2016
Ok i was here, if u were also here, Like to confirm tongue
Re: Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by ademega(m): 8:38am On Apr 22, 2016
this is fucking too much insults for the black race. chai! blacks Don suffer

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by joystickextend1(m): 8:42am On Apr 22, 2016
Gosh these white pig is so bitter wtf?? Wht a Racist punk
Re: Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by Acjohn(m): 8:54am On Apr 22, 2016
He called them gorillas yet he said he is not a Racist. The white puck should go hang himself if he can't stomach the development.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by mrintellectual(m): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2016
His metaphorical statement about the blacks makes him a grade one racist.

No big deal, though.

We are taking over. It's only that we are too divided, and too sluggish.
Re: Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by emekakelvin(m): 9:12am On Apr 22, 2016
He has a point but his claim are too weak to back his evidence. This life is a double edged sword and of such we cannot see things from the same angle.

He sees the idea of putting an abolitionist on their lender tender as a means to create upheaval between two different races but I see it as an avenue to recognise humanitarian activities of time past. His post may look valid to him but there are elements of race differentiation in his analysis and of such promoting racism
Re: Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 22, 2016
A well deserved insult - seeing how our foolish & vacuous African brothers/sisters always suck up to Amerika with their entirely worthless lives.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Rushing: “i’m Not Racist, But Putting A Black Gorilla On The $20 Bill Wi by orisa37: 11:42am On Apr 22, 2016
He is rushing to put his white Pig mother or wife on the $20 note. What an uncivilized Trump in the 21st century? Obama being President for Full two terms has put paid to all political, economic and social bigotry. Mr Rushing, you'll just rush to die in trumped up silly emotions.

(1) (Reply)

7 Friends Died While Trying To Take Selfie / President Mugabe Of Zimbabwe Unveils Statue Of Himself (pics) / This Video Will Get ‘donald Trump’ Elected As The Next President Of U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.