Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) (1468 Views)

Can You Rap,Sing?? || Let's Rock Our Voices In The Whatsapp Group !!!|| / Join The We Love HIPHOP Whatsapp Group / The 1st Producer/dj Whatsapp Group 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) by justwords(m): 8:49am On Apr 22, 2016
LESSON 1.1

ANATOMY OF PIANO KEYS.
There are twelve(12) keys in all music, these keys are further classified into two folds(types):

1. The Natural keys.
2. The Sharp/Flat keys.

This keys' classification is not the same as the classification into Major & Minor keys(according to Major/Minor keys' classification, there are 15 Major keys & 15 Minor keys, that'll be discussed much later). Now in Pianoforte Natural keys, Sharps/Flat keys, are all defined by their "colours", the Natural keys are the white keys of the keyboard. The Sharp as well as flat keys are the black Keys on the keyboard...

Up Next...

*The Natural keys
*Sharp & Flats
*Accidentals
*What is a keyboard?
*What is the difference between a keyboard and a piano?

## lessons continues in a while...

#Mcsnup Teaches Pianoforte#

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB0AZ6sFE5U/

1 Share

Re: Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) by justwords(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2016
MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE

"... It's easy to play any musical instruments: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself..." - J. S Bach.

I've decided to extend some of the excerpts from my sessions on whatsapp for those on NL who might find it helpful...

I'll be starting from the introduction, the very beginning of learning to play the instrument (piano/keyboard), thereafter every thing will go a step at a time...

But first...

A sorta orientation...

You should have at least a dummy keyboard to get the best of these sessions. A dummy keyboard may be constructed with a sheet of paper, a card board or any suitable platform for drawing the piano keys... From time to time I'll upload images, from dummies to illustrate an exercise(s). Also, you should decide to commit at least 20 minutes daily to practice the lessons and exercises that would be assigned you in this forum...

Next...

You're permitted to ask questions at any point in time, however as much as possible keep the questions relevant to the topic/lesson in discussion...

Of course...

We may digress every once in a while to other related topics, etc...

But...

You desire to request or ask questions related to other musical areas/instruments, send a private message to 08037302976, for inclusion into other MCSNUP TEACHES series such as: MCSNUP TEACHES VOCALS, MCSNUP TEACHES LYRICOLOGY, MCSNUP TEACHES GUITARS, etc...
Re: Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) by justwords(m): 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
LESSON 1.1

ANATOMY OF PIANO KEYS.
There are twelve(12) keys in all music, these keys are further classified into two folds(types):

1. The Natural keys.
2. The Sharp/Flat keys.

This keys' classification is not the same as the classification into Major & Minor keys(according to Major/Minor keys' classification, there are 15 Major keys & 15 Minor keys, that'll be discussed much later). Now in Pianoforte Natural keys, Sharps/Flat keys, are all defined by their "colours", the Natural keys are the white keys of the keyboard. The Sharp as well as flat keys are the black Keys on the keyboard...

Up Next...

*The Natural keys
*Sharp & Flats
*Accidentals
*What is a keyboard?

The Natural keys.

In Pianoforte all white keys are referred to as NATURAL KEYS. Remember there are 12 keys in music, and of these 7 are Natural keys, that is "7 white keys".

Nomenclature.

The Natural keys(also musical notes) are named after the first seven letters of the English Alphabets: A B C D E F G.

Up next: nomenclature of Natural keys.

A NOTE BY:

The piano keys are divided into White & Black Keys. There are 7 white (Natura keys) & 5 Black (Sharp/Flat) keys. The Black Keys are divided into two groups:

1. Group of two's
2. Group of three's

Nomenclature of the Natural keys...

The Natural keys are: A B C D E F G.

To Be cont'd...

***these are excerpts from the MTP(MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE) whatsapp forum
Re: Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) by Doee: 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
Please add me up to the group on whatsapp... +2348028902123...Thank you!
Re: Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) by QuietHammer(m): 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
justwords:
LESSON 1.1

ANATOMY OF PIANO KEYS.

1. The Natural keys.
2. The Sharp/Flat keys.

Up Next...

*The Natural keys
*Sharp & Flats
*Accidentals
*What is a keyboard?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB0AZ6sFE5U/
*There are 24 keys. 12 major and 12 relative/conjugate minor(either harmonic or melodic minor ). Add the c natural minor and you'll have 25.
I won't critique your lessons further. Please learn your theory well before attempting to teach others.
Re: Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) by justwords(m): 11:30am On Dec 24, 2016
QuietHammer:

*There are 24 keys. 12 major and 12 relative/conjugate minor(either harmonic or melodic minor ). Add the c natural minor and you'll have 25.
I won't critique your lessons further. Please learn your theory well before attempting to teach others.
I'll look that up.. Anyways, thanks in advance...
Re: Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) by justwords(m): 11:46am On Dec 24, 2016
QuietHammer:

Just looked it up... It wasn't hard to agree with your explanations firstly, however, I needed to find the missing piece of the puzzle from my own end... Thanks for pointing that out, I get it now... I mistook the 30 keys spelling (15 major / 15 minor spellings) for the 24 keys themselves... I'd never viewed it wholly... Again Thanks. And please do me one favour... NEVER STOP TO CRITIQUE MY LESSONS... REGARDLESS HOW HARD YOU'LL HAVE TO SOUND IT... THE HARDER THE BETTER FOR ME...

Thanks again...
Re: Excepts From MCSNUP TEACHES PIANOFORTE (whatsapp Group) by QuietHammer(m): 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
justwords:
Just looked it up... It wasn't hard to agree with your explanations firstly, however, I needed to find the missing piece of the puzzle from my own end... Thanks for pointing that out, I get it now... I mistook the 30 keys spelling (15 major / 15 minor spellings) for the 24 keys themselves... I'd never viewed it wholly... Again Thanks. And please do me one favour... NEVER STOP TO CRITIQUE MY LESSONS... REGARDLESS HOW HARD YOU'LL HAVE TO SOUND IT... THE HARDER THE BETTER FOR ME...

Thanks again...
I look forward to learning from you also

(1) (Reply)

Download Mp3: Skales – “temper” (remix) Ft. Burnaboy / DOWNLOAD MP3 : Adekunle Gold X Mayorkun - Believe Anthem / Download New Music; Olamide - Download New Music; Olamide - Ojaaa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.