Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself (1033 Views)

Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Fulani Herdsmen Killings, replies El-rufai / Helicopter Delivers Supplies To Fulani Herdsmen In Delta Desert — Lawmaker, Ivew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by geesampower(m): 10:02am On Apr 22, 2016
It is curious that there is a sudden upward spike in the cases of Fulani herdsmen kidnapping and ransacking communities all over the country leaving death and destruction in their wake.

For those that don't forget history, it would be easy to recollect how boko haram started. They started with kidnapping and robberies to fund their group.

Again I ask, is it not curious that Fulani Herdsmen all of a sudden find kidnapping and taking of ransom as a past-time activity?

If you are old enough, you would know kidnapping and demanding for ransom is alien to the Fulani Herdsmen tradition. Yes, you could have clashes with them, BUT they don't go out of their way to kidnap people.

Last year the shocking news of the political sage Olu Falae graced the front pages of our papers and many found it queer that Fulani herdsmen would go into a private property, recognize a political figure and kidnap him for ransom.

This rise in this abnormality can be directly linked to the "technical" defeat of boko haram and their inability to hold territory. Could it be that they are now dispersed as herdsmen in disguise?
Are they trying to use funds from kidnapping to fund their insurgency?
Since when did fulani herdsmen start possessing sophisticated fire arms as we see in recent seizures made by our gallant military?

It is indeed a curious case.

I urge our government not to treat this transition with kid gloves.
It is high time grazing of cattle is restructured and herdsmen registered and given limits.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by feldido(m): 10:04am On Apr 22, 2016
Yea... I'm beginning to think that this is the next phase of their jihad. Sadly the south is very porous sad
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:16am On Apr 22, 2016
The truth is- the ones who were able to escape being killed by the Nigerian soldiers are not disguising themselves as herdsmen, trying to escape and feed.

Though, this doesn't mean that the herdsmen weren't inexplicably ruthless and violent, but the flee haram are using the herdsmen's uncanny attitude mask their actions.

So, any Fulani herdsmen shld be treated as bojo haram just as every Northerner was treated so until they started pointing out the culprits and joining the fight.

By the time every herdsmen is considered a feeling bokoharam member and shot on sight, the real ones will start talking.
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by babasolution: 10:19am On Apr 22, 2016
Sadly the south looks on as these fulani jihadist murder and rape their people,we need a leader to rise and call for reprisal attacks against these wicked souls,this cannot happen in a other african countries,southern nigeria is the weakest part of Africa,its people are so docile n weak.
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by geesampower(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2016
Lalasticlala what's your take on this issue. Could it be a transition?
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by geesampower(m): 10:35am On Apr 22, 2016
babasolution:
Sadly the south looks on as these fulani jihadist murder and rape their people,we need a leader to rise and call for reprisal attacks against these wicked souls,this cannot happen in a other african countries,southern nigeria is the weakest part of Africa,its people are so docile n weak.
Our speculations may just be the truth in the end. We need this investigated
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by chriskosherbal(m): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2016
The government should put all the machineries in place now, to put a stop to this.
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by businessMODE(m): 10:51am On Apr 22, 2016
Reports from Latest Naija News The Assistant Director, Army Public Relations of the Guards Brigade, Capt. Bashir Jajira, said that 36 of the suspects were arrested by the troops at a military checkpoint between the Federal Capital Territory and Nasarawa State.

The suspected herdsmen were said to have told the soldiers that they were on a mission to recover their stolen cows.

He said that 56 others who were also armed were arrested by the soldiers at a military checkpoint at Dantata, along the Abuja Airport Road.

He said, “A group of 36 herdsmen in Diana Truck and Toyota Camry car with registration number Abu Kuje 994 FX and Niger SUL 541 XA were intercepted and arrested at 177 Guards Battalion location by Keffi checkpoint.

“During the interrogation by troops at the checkpoint, they claimed to be going to Nasarawa Local Government in Nasarawa State.”

Nigeria News Source and Pictures >>> http://gossipha.com/soldiers-arrest-92-armed-herdsmen-abuja/
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by SleekMallam: 10:53am On Apr 22, 2016
After coming back from Saudi, buhari authorised the massacre of the Shiite and then sanctioned the next phase of the agenda using fulani militias. I wonder why people are not seeing the obvious.
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by PRXPERT: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2016
you were making sense until you mentioned, that Bokoharam has been technically defeated, then I stopped...
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by geesampower(m): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2016
businessMODE:
Reports from Latest Naija News The Assistant Director, Army Public Relations of the Guards Brigade, Capt. Bashir Jajira, said that 36 of the suspects were arrested by the troops at a military checkpoint between the Federal Capital Territory and Nasarawa State.

The suspected herdsmen were said to have told the soldiers that they were on a mission to recover their stolen cows.

He said that 56 others who were also armed were arrested by the soldiers at a military checkpoint at Dantata, along the Abuja Airport Road.

He said, “A group of 36 herdsmen in Diana Truck and Toyota Camry car with registration number Abu Kuje 994 FX and Niger SUL 541 XA were intercepted and arrested at 177 Guards Battalion location by Keffi checkpoint.

“During the interrogation by troops at the checkpoint, they claimed to be going to Nasarawa Local Government in Nasarawa State.”

Nigeria News Source and Pictures >>> http://gossipha.com/soldiers-arrest-92-armed-herdsmen-abuja/
Indeed curious.
When did fulani herdsmen start moving about in cars and such large number with the amount of fire power?
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by geesampower(m): 11:13am On Apr 22, 2016
chriskosherbal:
The government should put all the machineries in place now, to put a stop to this.
Why is the government so quiet on this menace
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by geesampower(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2016
PRXPERT:
you were making sense until you mentioned, that Bokoharam has been technically defeated, then I stopped...
Did you notice I put techically in quotes (" "wink?
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by EmeritusMbaM: 11:24am On Apr 22, 2016
SleekMallam:
After coming back from Saudi, buhari authorised the massacre of the Shiite and then sanctioned the next phase of the agenda using fulani militias. I wonder why people are not seeing the obvious.

So the ediotic fulani started killing people last year? You kids just play politics with everything, those dreaded monsters have been killing for long, enough of your wicked lies.
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by geesampower(m): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

So the ediotic fulani started killing people last year? You kids just play politics with everything, those dreaded monsters have been killing for long, enough of your wicked lies.
I am against what sleekmalam said up there and I am against politicizing this issue. I grew up in the north and I am very familiar with the temper of the average fulani herdsman. In my OP I pointed out that what is abnormal is the kind of weapons found with them now and them kidnapping for ransom. This is totally strange. Fulanis don't ask for ransom. They rather kill the perceived enemy.
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by SleekMallam: 11:30am On Apr 22, 2016
EmeritusMbaM:

It is very obvious that Buhari has some hidden agenda to accomplish with his fulani militias. You should be calling Mr presidents attention to the genocide being committed by his people and not make excuses for his body language.
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by olafum1(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2016
I wish I have the liver to declare war on this Fulanis
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by EmeritusMbaM: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
geesampower:

I am against what sleekmalam said up there and I am against politicizing this issue. I grew up in the north and I am very familiar with the temper of the average fulani herdsman. In my OP I pointed out that what is abnormal is the kind of weapons found with them now and them kidnapping for ransom. This is totally strange. Fulanis don't ask for ransom. They rather kill the perceived enemy.

You have a point bro.
Re: Boko Haram To "Fulani" Herdsmen: History Repeating Itself by HardMirror(m): 8:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
olafum1:
I wish I have the liver to declare war on this Fulanis
Hope their elders and the president address this issue on time, before people start getting liver to attack them. When you push a goat the wall... You know the rest

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Times: Danladi Umar’s EFCC Clearance / PHOTO: Rescued Chibok Girl Arrives Governor Shettima's House With Her Baby / PDP Convention: Rivers Assembly Approves N10billion For Nyesom Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.