Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Psalm 91: A Prayer Now Fulfilled! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Psalm 91: A Prayer Now Fulfilled! (410 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish? / This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Psalm 91: A Prayer Now Fulfilled! by MaxWellStores(m): 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" (Ps 91:1, KJV).

When Moses made that prayer for the children of Israel, he made it based on the inspirations drawn from the Tent of His Presence, the Covenant Box or also called the Ark of Testimony.

Remember: No one was allowed to live in the Tent, not even Moses. Now, if we go by the verb "dwelleth" as is written in the KJV to mean "to live", then, dwelleth wasn't Moses communication to them; because, no one was allowed to live in the Tent.

Let's see another translation and just maybe, we might understand what Moses tried communicating to them.

"Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty, can say to him, "You are my defender and my protector.." Ps91:1-2 GNT.

Can you see his communication to them?
Let me help you...

Moses is saying, "Anyone who runs to where the Tent of His Presence is, is under the protection of the LORD. This is because; in the person's mind, he is saying to God, 'Lord, you're my protector and defender..' And as such, no one was to do him harm".

Remember when we were kids and we would run into the arms of an older person to save us from the "wrath" of our pursuers? Lol! I did! You'd run so hard, and when you finally sought refuge in the older person's company, you'd remain there a while, at least, until your pursuer promised not to do you harm or their anger "cooled off".

This was exactly what Absalom, King David's son did too. It is the same communication Moses passed on to the congregation at the time.

However, that prayer is now fulfilled as a promise, hallelujah!

Jesus was the High Priest Who offered up the Most Accepted Sacrifice to give access to the Most Holy Place in the Real Tent of His Presence. By so doing, He opened the Doors or Curtain as it were, to the Most Holy Place, thereby, making anyone to be able to "dwelleth" in the Secret Place, being the Most Holy Place in Heaven.

Only True Christians dwell in the Secret Place. They are able to do so because; they are IN Christ. They are His Body - they make up His Body. So you no longer have to run to cling to any worship instruments or lie on the alter as Absalom did; no!

You are already living in Protection. You are already Defended. You're not begging for it, you have it.

And if you have it, thank Him immensely, instead of begging!

(1) (Reply)

Be Encouraged After Reading This!! / I Never Wept This Much, I Never Be This Much Sorrowful In My Entire Life / What Did You Learn From Today's Sermon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.