Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,751 members, 7,862,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

NGO Urges Switzerland Mission In Nigeria To Recover Stolen Property - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NGO Urges Switzerland Mission In Nigeria To Recover Stolen Property (377 Views)

Police Parades 40 Kidnappers In Abuja, Recover Stolen Items (photos) / Man On Revenge Mission Rapes His Neighbour’s Wife In Lagos / Abacha Loot: Switzerland Returns $723 Million To Nigeria In 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGO Urges Switzerland Mission In Nigeria To Recover Stolen Property by mrrights: 1:42pm On Apr 22, 2016
NGO urges Switzerland mission in Nigeria to recover stolen property
http://mrrights.com.ng/?p=742
Re: NGO Urges Switzerland Mission In Nigeria To Recover Stolen Property by mrrights: 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
The Foundation For Peace Professionals, a foremost Non-Governmental Organization for professional peace advocates, mediators and Conflict Resolution Practitioners has urged the Switzerland mission in Nigeria, Mr Eric Mayooraz to reach out to appropriate agencies in their home country to investigate and recover stolen property of a Nigeria in Zurich, Switzerland.

This was contained in a letter cited by Mr rights and dated 14 April, 2016 addressed to the Switzerland ambassador.
According to the NGO, ‘’this letter is to bring your attention to the ugly incident that took place at Zurich train station, opposite Zurich International Airport on the 13th March, 2016 between 4 to 5pm’’.

It explained that, the property of a reputable Nigerian citizen, Mr Kamaldeen Issa was stolen at the Zurich train station opposite Zurich International Airport on the said date.

The letter reads, ‘’While waiting for the train to arrive, Mr. Issa dropped his two traveling bags on the ground and hanged the small HP bag on the bag handle.

‘’Minutes later, he received a call, which made him step little bit away from his bags, but after dropping the call, he realized the small bag which contain cash, documents and other materials such as flash drive, eye glass etc had been stolen. All efforts to trace the stolen bag proved abortive despite informing the train officials. He had to leave when it was dark.’’ It said.

The letter also quoted Mr Issa to have said, ‘’I went back to inquire properly on the 3rd day because I knew there were surveillance camera’s everywhere that would capture the whole scene. I went to the security section at the railway, but I was directed to lodge my complaint at lost and found section at the airport. When I got to lost and found, they said they didn’t see any bag. I asked what could be done about the matter because the documents inside are very vital, including those on the flash drive, but they said finding out through the surveillance cameras would take a very long process. It could take days or weeks, but I could not wait that long in Switzerland, Mr issa was quoted to have said’’.

Asked about what he has inside the bag, Mr issa reportedly said, ’’I have many things in the bag. Cash, my eye glass, flash drive and other vital documents. There is N250, 000 cash and some other currencies inside’’.
The foundation therefore urges the ambassador to use his good office to reach out to the appropriate department in Switzerland to properly investigate the matter and retrieve the property of this law abiding citizen if possible.
Re: NGO Urges Switzerland Mission In Nigeria To Recover Stolen Property by maryjan8(f): 1:53pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ok
Re: NGO Urges Switzerland Mission In Nigeria To Recover Stolen Property by mrrights: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2016
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Man Steals Motorcyle During Church Service / Magu Pledges To Examine Corruption In IDP Camps. / Breaking News: Sierra Leone Deputy Commissioner To Nigeria Kidnapped!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.