Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,567 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer (696 Views)

How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) / Why Is There A "D" In "Fridge", But Not In "Refrigerator" Or "Refrigerate"? / What Happens To The Pressure Of A Gas Inside A Container If The Temperature Of T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by prinsam30: 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
This question has been on my mind for a very long time now, please Nairalanders how can the temperature of a room determine the performance of fridge

Because I discovered that during summer, the rate at which my fridge is operating, it's very alarming, everything cooled off and blocked very fast but in the winter the thing go dey dance Awilo for me
Re: Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by possibilita(m): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
No I don't think so,because refrigator works by movement of heat from a region of low temperature to a region of high temperature I.e it defies the law of thermodynamic
Re: Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by itstpia8: 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
What a strange question.
Re: Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
possibilita:
No I don't think so,because refrigator works by movement of heat from a region of low temperature to a region of high temperature I.e it defies the law of thermodynamic

U must be talking about Clausius second law of thermodynamics, how those the principle of operation defies the law?
Re: Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by possibilita(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
LARRYDKING:

U must be talking about Clausius second law of thermodynamics, how those the principle of operation defies the law?
heat moves from an area of high temperature to an area of low temperature but in the case of fridge Heat moves from area of low temperature to area of high temperature
Re: Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by prinsam30: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
possibilita:
heat moves from an area of high temperature to an area of low temperature but in the case of fridge Heat moves from area of low temperature to area of high temperature

pls to a lay man like me u need to break it down, because when the room is too cold my fridge takes longer to cool off, like in the afternoon when the whole place is hot, despite putting on my AC, the fridge worked faster.

could it be possible that some fridge works base on the room's temperature
Re: Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by possibilita(m): 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
prinsam30:

pls to a lay man like me u need to break it down, because when the room is too cold my fridge takes longer to cool off, like in the afternoon when the whole place is hot, despite putting on my AC, the fridge worked faster.

could it be possible that some fridge works base on the room's temperature
ur fridge may behave like that coz d air condition is cooling his engine,due to heat the efficiency of the fridge engine wud reduce but once u on d air condition reverse is d case

1 Like

Re: Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by dunsin125: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
No, itx a closed system.......ntn is enterin nor leavin
Re: Can The Temperature Of A Room Determine The Performance Of Fridge, Freezer by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
possibilita:

Hehehe, still does not violate any law of thermodynamic.

(1) (Reply)

Internship For Undergraduate Students By A Petroleum Company[2016] / Kogi State University Students Leadership Demand End To KSU ASUU Strike / Nysc Mobilization Time Table For 2016 Batch B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.