Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Understanding The Important Of Voice Search - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Understanding The Important Of Voice Search (394 Views)

Understanding The Nigeria Stock Exchange Gains / Understanding The Basic Principle Of Generating Income Online / Understanding Key Aspects Of CBN’s New Forex Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Important Of Voice Search by webmentorship(f): 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
Voice search is not a thing of the future. It’s here today, and consumers are quickly adopting it. Here’s how you can ensure you’re ready.

Bing and Google are looking at the future of search, and both are seeing a future that involves search engines as the intelligence platform powering digital assistance with daily life — personalized help that enables people to get more done efficiently and spend real time focused on what they care about most.

Today’s digital assistants, like Microsoft’s Cortana, Apple’s Siri and Google Now, are voice search-enabled and growing smarter with every interaction. Since voice search is more conversational and uses natural language, the artificial intelligence (AI) technology is evolving to understand user intent and context based on signals — like previous search queries, multiple-step queries and past user behavior and actions — to better anticipate your search needs.

Words can provide invaluable substance to the AI technology that powers voice search. We unconsciously change our behavior when using voice search. While a text query would typically be one to three words, a spoken query is often three or more words. For marketers, the longer query strings from voice search provide richer user intent data because they tend to explicitly ask a question, characterized by question words like who, how, what, where, why and when, with the expectation that the search engines will provide an answer back.

For example, on my desktop I would search for “teal dress.” But when it comes to a voice query, I might ask, “Hey Cortana, where can I find a teal jersey knit cotton dress?” The conversational tone provides a signal of intent to purchase and style preference, as well as context to my desired shopping locations if I have granted it access to my geolocation. The conversational tone of voice search enables marketers to:
Voice searchers are looking for quick answers. Content answering specific questions will make your site a go-to resource. In addition, search marketers face an additional challenge with the growth and adoption of voice search, the rapid growth net-new tail queries. This means that marketers will need to adjust their marketing strategies to capture available demand as voice search-enabled technology increases.

While the future of search is evolving and changing, along with the devices and technology that are used to access search, we’ll continue to use search engines, websites and apps. How we interact and engage with them using voice search will help provide more intent and context to help us get things done in our daily lives, so we can focus and be fully present in the moments that matter the most.

(1) (Reply)

#yess Conference Live Broadcast Link / Get Your Packages Delivered Same Day (logistics) / Practical Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.