Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,701 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:13 AM

I Bought Five Babies For N5m From Child Dealer In Port Harcourt – 60-year-old Wo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Bought Five Babies For N5m From Child Dealer In Port Harcourt – 60-year-old Wo (628 Views)

Two Women Buy A Day-Old Twin Babies For N1.8m, See What They Wanted To Do / Men Exhume Body Of Seven-year-old Girl, Cut Off Her Head For N5m / Woman Selling Her Twin Babies For N350,000 In Katsina Arrested By Police (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought Five Babies For N5m From Child Dealer In Port Harcourt – 60-year-old Wo by emamos: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
The police in Oyo State have arrested a 60-year-old woman, Asabi Adebayo, for allegedly buying five babies at N5million from a ‘child dealer’ in Port-Harcourt, Rivers State.
The suspect, who said she hailed from Lagos State, is a U.S returnee and revealed how she planned to fly the babies abroad for sale, but first brought them to an orphanage in Ibadan, Oyo state capital, to obtain a certified police report for them before she was exposed, Tribune reports.
Parading the suspected child trafficker, the babies alongside other suspects on Thursday at the Eleyele Police Headquarters, the Commissioner of Police, CP, Leye Oyebade, said the woman would have escaped if not for the patriotic effort of the officials of the orphanage who according to him reported the matter at the Iyaganku Police Station.
Oyebade said the police officers who accompanied the suspect to Port-Harcourt where she claimed to have bought the babies have not been able to apprehend the sellers, however, the babies have been taken to the Ministry of Women Affairs, Child Welfare.
“The suspect is assisting the police in their investigation,” the CP said, adding that the ages of the babies, (two boys and three girls) range from two years, eight months, seven months, six months and four months.
Confirming the activities of the woman, the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in Iyaganku area of the state, Mr. Ojopagogo, told journalists that, “A woman, who operates an orphanage came to our station last Thursday and reported to us that a 60-year-old woman came to them that she had five children and that she needed police report for the children to be flown abroad.
“Our detectives, led by a Superintendent of Police, SP, from the Juvenile Welfare Section, went to arrest the suspect.
lalasticlala,mynd44
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/22/i-bought-five-babies-for-n5m-from-child-dealer-in-port-harcourt-60-year-old-woman/
Re: I Bought Five Babies For N5m From Child Dealer In Port Harcourt – 60-year-old Wo by emamos: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
.It is not well
Re: I Bought Five Babies For N5m From Child Dealer In Port Harcourt – 60-year-old Wo by Terry68: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2016
Terry68:
I wonder why such an old woman would engage herself in such criminal activities.
Re: I Bought Five Babies For N5m From Child Dealer In Port Harcourt – 60-year-old Wo by TedBaker(m): 5:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
What could a woman of that age be possibly doin with such amount of money. What purpose will it serve her, she old already

(1) (Reply)

Convicted Fraudster Tina Beloveth Powerful: 'i'll Be Nigerian President' / Beware Of Whom You Call Your Friend. / Nigerian Man Killed In Italy Racist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.