Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution (4055 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare / SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) / A Revolution In The Making Buhari Bakare (Tears Of Joy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by chukxy44(m): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2009
I have read enough post on the miss deeds of our leaders and their contious neleget of needs of the populance, Nigerian has contuied to promote themselves as the worst affected in terms of bad governace and choice of leaders But my question still remains; How many of of us are truly ready for a REVOLUTION, how many would really stand up for Nigeria if a call is made. NL lets counts those of us who are ready to for CHANGE
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by nex(m): 6:06pm On Aug 06, 2009
I can join the revolution, if not start it myself. I just don't believe now is already the time. Perhaps between October 2009 and October 2011, if things continue this way, then I'll have no choice.

The only thing that can lead me into the revolution sooner than that is a military coup. If the military should take over at any point in the future of Nigeria, I'll fight them till either I die, or they die and I take over the government from them.

I tell you, the time is nigh.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2009
+ Fhemmmy
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Afam4eva(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2009
nex:

I can join the revolution, if not start it myself. I just don't believe now is already the time. Perhaps between October 2009 and October 2011, if things continue this way, then I'll have no choice.

The only thing that can lead me into the revolution sooner than that is a military coup. If the military should take over at any point in the future of Nigeria, I'll fight them till either I die, or they die and I take over the government from them.

You want to fight the military when you've not dared to fight civilians. . . . what an irony

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Aug 06, 2009
afam4eva:

You want to fight the military when you've not dared to fight civilians. . . . what an irony

If we truly want a better Nigeria, we have to fight for it.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by blacksta(m): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2009
nex:

Biggest Clown of the century - The one wey no ge gunt u no fight  - now u wan fight the one wey get gun

lol

1 Like

Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by nex(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2009
@Afam4eva

I prefer the worst democratic government compared to the most benevolent dictatorship.

@blacksta

you really don't want me on your case.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by blacksta(m): 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2009
nex:

@Afam4eva

I prefer the worst democratic government compared to the most benevolent dictatorship.

@blacksta

you really don't want me on your case.
lol

is that a threat?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by jahrule: 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2009
This is the most sensible post i have ever seen on politics section of nairaland. it is time for all the youth to come together irrespective of tribe and flush out those wicked souls ruling us, at least they live in our midst we all know them . i`m waiting for that day it will happen, we know their children, family & we can even cruch all of them if only we can stop tribalism & make nigeria good once & for all. i rest my case. i`m waiting.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Fhemmmy: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2009
jahrule:

This is the most sensible post i have ever seen on politics section of nairaland. it is time for all the youth to come together irrespective of tribe and flush out those wicked souls ruling us, at least they live in our midst we all know them . i`m waiting for that day it will happen, we know their children, family & we can even cruch all of them if only we can stop tribalism & make nigeria good once & for all. i rest my case. i`m waiting.

Very true.
If the Yorubas and the Ibos can put aside animosity, we can get the job done
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by chukxy44(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2009
jahrule:

Thats is the spirit.
Fhemmmy:

Very true.
If the Yorubas and the Ibos can put aside animosity, we can get the job done

A revolution does mean sidelining a selected tribe, we can only have true success if we intigrate every tribe in the revolution course, every ethnic group is affected, the effect might vary but everyone needs a change.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Dede1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2009
The current talk of revolution in the cesspit called Nigeria amounts to feel-happy ranting. Nigeria lost its sincerity to stage revolution on July 1966. The only form of revolution the jungle will see is a fratricidal war of disintegration that will give rise to serious battles of expansionism and change of boundaries.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by sjeezy8: 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
im not ready now but gimme about 60 years ill be ready
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by alias64: 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
We’re not ready for a revolution because we don’t have a united populace.

Besides even if in future we became united enough for one, we would be pretty stupid people if that revolution was based on any of the type from abroad.

The western and eastern societies aren’t what we should aim for. Electricity and paved roads are not all that it is cracked up to be.  In many ways, the chaotic or rural life of a Nigerian is far richer and healthier than that of an average American or British person.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by frag(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2009
Revolution is a great idea but Nigerians are not matured enough to embark on it yet.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
frag:

Revolution is a great idea but Nigerians are not matured enough to embark on it yet.

It has little or nothing to do with maturity but cowardice.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2009
@Poster, are you yourself ready for a revolution?
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by onyengbu1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2009
nuzo:

wats his tribe sef? tongue
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by frag(m): 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2009
nuzo:

I said Nigerians because i meant majority. Nairaland doesn't constitute a majority neither is the number of educated Nigerians. To achieve a revolution, you need the majority to agree that there is a need for change and are willing to effect it come what may. There is a vast number of Nigerians who can not be bothered about effecting such change because they are yet to see the need for it. Many uneducated Nigerians who still belief that the government are some kind of demi-gods. Others are benefiting from the present situation.
You need all these people in order to have that majority.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2009
Many uneducated Nigerians who still belief that the government are some kind of demi-gods.

This is not just for UNeducated Nigerians. Look around Nairaland and it is quite clear that even many of the educated on here have come to believe that the government are demi-gods that they can NEVER stand up against. Those who believe in MEND are also pushing that view, believing this is some war against titans that they are incapable of fighting by taking action but by looking to groups like MEND as their heros, they hope to reap something, if anything in the end.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by frag(m): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
onye_ngbu:

wats his tribe sef? tongue

If all the Igbos had supported the Biafran war it probably would not have failed.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by kshow1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2009
I NO WAN FIGHT
I NO WAN DIE
PAPA DEY FOR HOUSE
MAMA DEY FOR HOUSE

you remember that great song from ABAMI HIMSELF.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by chukxy44(m): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, are you yourself ready for a revolution?
You have simply if i am equally tired of the state of our nation and the stituation we the citizens find our self. I say a big yes. I am ready to stand up and fight for that which is right, incase u don't get nigeria would not change one bit if U and I do noting to change things. In case u don't know, there were a lot of south-south people on nairaland who just sat back and enjoy the net, making post and no action tll things got this bad. If the north and south can be affected by a slok of a government then the nation is not immune. CHANGE would happen with or with u and i. But i prefare to to partaken and save the next generation.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by chukxy44(m): 9:46am On Aug 17, 2009
INEC declares Arise of PDP winner of the bloody charade called senatorial election rerun in Ekiti.
This are mere samples of what 2011 might turn out to be if we do not take our stand now. Its dis-heartng to know that we have given up on our nation. I weep for Nigeria
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by nex(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2009
@blacksta

That's not a threat, It's an offer open for consideration.

@Fhemmy

you see why we have to take time to plan and weed out the unscrupulous elements first? People are planning a revolution and some are conceiving it as a tribal war of vengeance.

@all

"so policeman go slap ya face you nor go talk. Army man go whip ya nyash you go dey look like zombie. We no wan fight, we no wan die, we wan enjoy, mama dey for house, I jus' get work, I wan' go jand, I wan' get wife, I wan' born child."
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by AjanleKoko: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2009
What revolution? Why are people talking about a revolution?
What people needs to do is wake up. Too many Nigerians, both at home and abroad, reading the newspapers, believing hype and false stories.
There's no such thing as revolution. All the historical revolutionaires end up dead at some point. Even Lenin, who spearheaded the Bolshevik revolution, ended up dead mysteriously five years later.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by princekevo(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2009
Revolution on NL and on computer,
Those who are really ready for a revolution doesn't announce it publicly,
They continuously make their underground plans until the day they will actualise it to bring the effects and changes that we need for Nigeria to a be a better place for you and i,
They said 2 is a company but 3 is crowed, If actually you sincerely wanna embark one such a journey i advice you don't need a crowd or the support of the whole nation by raising up their hands. All you need is urself or else you see yourself being betrayed and not able to achieve your aim at the end.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by princekevo(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2009
AjanleKoko:

What revolution? Why are people talking about a revolution?
What people needs to do is wake up. Too many Nigerians, both at home and abroad, reading the newspapers, believing hype and false stories.
There's no such thing as revolution. All the historical revolutionaries end up dead at some point. Even Lenin, who spearheaded the Bolshevik revolution, ended up dead mysteriously five years later.

So please explain to us wht is your meaning of waking up?

And do u mean to tell us that suffering of the ordinary Nigerians and the situation of Nigeria today that makes the headlines of every world media are hype and false?

Also It is true that all revolutionaries dies at one point or the other, but wht matters are always the foot prints the left behind for their future generations, i don't know why are Nigerians so much afraid to die, rather people still die everyday of hunger and starvation, disease and malnutrition, But prefer to live a daily life of complaint.
Death is inevitable, everyone must die someday, somehow. So save those history of revolutionaries who died in the past as if you ain't gonna die someday.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by Onlytruth(m): 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2009
Dede1:

The current talk of revolution in the cesspit called Nigeria amounts to feel-happy ranting. Nigeria lost its sincerity to stage revolution on July 1966. The only form of revolution the jungle will see is a fratricidal war of disintegration that will give rise to serious battles of expansionism and change of boundaries.

Sound points!

chukxy44:

You have simply if i am equally tired of the state of our nation and the stituation we the citizens find our self. I say a big yes. [b]I am ready to stand up and fight for that which is right, incase u don't get nigeria would not change one bit if U and I do noting to change things. [/b]In case u don't know, there were a lot of south-south people on nairaland who just sat back and enjoy the net, making post and no action tll things got this bad. If the north and south can be affected by a slok of a government then the nation is not immune. CHANGE would happen with or with u and i. But i prefare to to partaken and save the next generation.

With "shoot at sight" army and police, who go try? No be me o! Naija na one big jail with the most brutal prison guards. grin Na only you go die for this one o. We no dey inside!

So, sit back and enjoy your pain. No escape my friend! grin grin
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by proudly9ja(m): 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2009
Well to be honest, I dont think anyone prepares himself for a revolution. All that a revolution needs is heating up of the polity. People become disgruntled, tempers flare for no reason at all, and people vent their spleens at any opprotunity given. Then one day, something happens. Something that would otherwise not have raised any action but this time, one person gets annoyed and vents his anger and then someone else joins him and before you know it, houses are burnt, cas are burnt, people die and it spreads. Thats how I think revolutions happen.

In Nigeria today, the signs are already there. The polity is heated up already. Salaries are not paid, ASUU is on strike, NLC is about to join them, people are hungry and Nigerians are venting their spleens on facebook, nairaland, to the nfotuate bus conductor, to their children and wives, etc. Thats fuel being poured on the dry weed. All it needs is a small flicker or fire and it will start burning like wild fire. A flicker could be one stpid policeman 'accidentally' shooting an okada rider or NEPA's (is it PHCN?) flunctuationg power supply causing fire outbreak, etc or something totally unrelated happening.

So the question is not whether Nigeria is ready for a revolution, it when it will come.
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by jumobi1(m): 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2009
whatever it takes, I am ready,
Re: Are We Truly Ready For A Revolution by asha80(m): 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2009
Whoever wants to involve in a revolution in nigeria make sure you focus on people from your ethnic group and not outside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COAS: Lt Gen AO Ihejirika. Must Resign / Bancorp Bank (united States) Writes Buhari To Return Amaechi's Loot. / Tears! See What Happened To The World's Shortest Man In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.