Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa (4276 Views)

UNIZIK Students Protest As Francis Mmadubuobi Dies (Photos) / Female Students Sent By Jonathan To Philippines (Photos) / What If Nigerian Female Students Wore This As School Uniforms? (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by entadaplace2: 8:09pm On Apr 22, 2016
Students are demanding the university suspend 11 alleged rapists on campus who were listed on the leaked list on social media and change its policies on how rape victims are treated.

On Tuesday afternoon female students danced topless with some writing ‘this is mine’ on their breasts to show only they can decide to do with their bodies.

On Wednesday, more than 200 students were attacked with rubber bullets and pepper spray and stun grenades by police officers who were trying to disperse the crowd even after the vice chancellor of the University had begged the police to stop attacking his students.
Eastern Cape police arrested five students during the protest . They were later released without bail and are due to re-appear on charges of public violence in July.

Protests began on Monday at Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa against incessant rape on the campus. Topless female students with ‘this is mine scrawled on their breasts’ were seen among the protesters demonstrating against the rape culture on a university campus. The police have tried to disperse students using pepper spray and stun guns.
The students started demonstrating after a list of suspected rapists on campus was leaked on social media on Sunday.
Many students, who were raped on campus said they have reported rapes to the university as well as police, but that their complaints have been ignored by campus authorities, the BBC reported.
According to Naledi Mashishi of the Students Representative Council, five students were arrested and one hospitalised after police fired stun grenades and rubber bullets at them.
Members of the Students Representative Council said they will only stop if they are assured “no protester will face disciplinary action or be penalised for participating in the protests”.
University lecturers have also joined in the demonstration.

National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union told Eyewitness News : “We decided to join the strike of the students because of the brutality of the police.

“We can’t watch our children being treated the way they were yesterday; so we took a decision that it’s too much now.”

The protests are now being wound down as university staff agree to set up a task force to research the allegations.

Lectures are due to resume nextbMonday.

According to statistics released, South Africa has the highest number of rapes in the world.

http://entadaplace.co m/female-students-protest-bra-less-south-africa/

Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by DrayZee: 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
So, you decide to protest against rape by going topless. Una go chop today.

Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by Kumalayer(m): 11:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
where are the students that are protesting braless? undecidedwhere are the students that are protesting braless?

Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by afanide: 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2016
My naija babes can't be this foolish.........

Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by biosepeter1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 22, 2016
Kikikikikik
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by killerman57: 5:18am On Apr 23, 2016
Pictures of bare breast please ......
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by Nymbols1(m): 5:58am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by Tundeiab(m): 7:05am On Apr 23, 2016
By displaying their breast, they are making themselves easy targets for the rapist.
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by chemashie(m): 7:21am On Apr 23, 2016
The alleged rapists have not in anyway investigated by the University and Police, and they expect the school to suspend them. They came up with the names as a way to deal with those guys after they jilted them. I was shocked to see them braless while going home. Shameful!
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by Oshege(m): 8:10am On Apr 23, 2016
This is nonsense...
Because of protest.. They devalued their assets and make breasts a mockery artifacts.

Iranu abasha
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by prinsam30: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2016
this can only happen in SA, come naija, u go see serious bânging after all na protest
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by TrollTrap: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2016
Not impressed by the boobies lipsrsealed angry
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by JustOzito(f): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2016
may God help us
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by clerkent(m): 11:54am On Apr 23, 2016
I enter to see where bra is less atleast see the node of the tin only to see cleavage. Op you done make me pass my junction.dnt try this again.
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by Ahmed0336(m): 12:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
clerkent:
I enter to see where bra is less atleast see the node of the tin only to see cleavage. Op you done make me pass my junction.dnt try this again.
God don catch boobi lookers grin
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by clerkent(m): 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ahmed0336:
God don catch boobi lookers grin
you wetin
you come to do.did you close your
eyez when you open the thread.
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by sirTesco(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
Love is like a bird,
when u hold it tightly, it dies
when held loosely, it flies
And shits on ur palm when left freely.
Gosh!
So don't love, just FLIRT

Love is an illusion
It is a highly dependable disorder
It is for the weak hearted, strong hearted persons flirt.

Do u agree with this arguement?
Hit like if u agree and share if u don't
Re: Female Students Protest Bra-less In South Africa by ayindepremier: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
[size=20pt]When is Nigerian female students going to pull this kind of stunt.
Abi, SA babes get two heads?[/size]

Post Pictures/ Profile Of Notable Nigerians Who Attended Your University. / When Will Jupeb Result Be Released? / 2011/2012 Unizik Admission Cut Off Mark For The Faculty Of Basic Medical Science.