Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! (4037 Views)

Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! / I Truely Want To Touch Life. Please Read Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by Witi(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2009
as OTOKX said have you tried government sector. Preferably if you are not from Lagos-State why not go back to your state of origin if it is a terrane you understand. At times you may not really get what you want my first job was with my State government as a secondary class teacher banking on the fact that I should not despise the days of little beginnings I later got a better job that is paying well. I pray that God should order your steps to your place of destiny.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by mightlove(f): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2009
@otokx

I totally agree with.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
I got this mail sent to my facebook page a few days back. I hope you find it useful

Subject: ARE YOU STILL UNEMPLOYED? HELP IS HERE

I HAVE MY CV SPREAD ALL OVER.SOME DON'T CALL BACK, VERY FEW CALL BACK .AT THE END OF THE DAY,I REMAIN UNEMPLOYED.WHAT AM I LACKING?I REALLY WANT AN OPPORTUNITY.FRUSTRATION IS AROUND THE CORNER.I DON'T WANT TO GET THERE.IS IT ME?IS IT THE SYSTEM?I WANT A JOB AND FAAAAAAAAAAAAST!HOW EQUIPPED AM I?WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

THERE ARE ANSWERS:
TMSL offers PRE-EMPLOYMENT /CAREER DEVELOPMENT&PERSONALITY TRAINING that will enable you
-Be a professional in your field
-Make your dreams a reality
-Develop a career path

Excel and TECLAB just might give you a job!!!

Let’s take the burden off you – Introducing TECLAB Management Services Limited

Teclab Management Services Limited is a Human Resource Consulting Organization set up to provide Human Management services like:
1. Recruitment and Job Placement services for skilled and unskilled personnel

2. Human Resource Development
a. Training
i. Corporate Staff Training
ii. Domestic and Admin Staff Training
iii. Training for Artisans and Factory Workers

3. Human Resource Management
a. Personnel Management
b. Organizational Re-structure
c. Developing Policies and writing Procedures in line with developed Policies
d. Information Verification / Staff Audit

4. Outsourcing of Unskilled and Domestic staff like; Drivers, Home managers, Cooks etc

Our Company’s portfolio and Training Calendar are enclosed for your perusal. We look forward to a formal request from you. Lets put the Teclab experience to work for you.
For more information and inquiry, please call 01 8791433, 08087378461 Email us at info@teclab-http://www.facebook.com/l/;ng.com or tecla_bvnig@yahoo.com,Visit http://www.facebook.com/l/;www.teclab-ng.com
--------------------
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by tsmith(f): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2009
As sad as the situation is, it is very redeemable. And its all start from inside you. You need a lot of self development, you've got nothing to lose by giving it a shoot, coz' at worse, u become a better individual, and the better if u get a job as well, so its a win-win for you.

Fair enough, Nigeria is not a fair playing ground, but as human, u shd learn to adapt yourself to every sitituation making the best of it.

1.) Identify your market/product/environment : As mentioned Nigeria isnt on merit alone, but also by grace or favour. Where does favour come from? People, anybody, anywhere, no one is too small nothing is too minute. For everyday u wake, its another opportunity, so u'v had loads of opportunity& will v much more to come.

2.) U only know who u'v seen, u dont know who's seen u: How is ur physical appearance? doesnt have to be the latest fashion, but highly neat & presentable. Wear ur best everyday, as if u were meeting the queen, coz u neva can tell who'd come into ur path, appearance is very key. After physical is personality, are u a likeable person? CAn ppl coming across u for the 1st time just take a liking to u? What abt ppl from ur past? What do ppl v to say abt u? Have u got goodwill built up for yourself? Do u v a good disposition or do u wear ur problems on ur face. remember everyone has got issues, even the rich and the gainful employed/prospective employer/link. So noone wants to add urs to theirs. Make it ur point to start seeing the cup half full rather than half empty. Have a positive disposition to everythng, its a good starting point. Also ur speech, do u speak broken, slangs etc.Speak well, u are selling urself to all & sundry. So good language, well thought of, well phrased!!!! Just dont speak on the fly!

3.) What are ur strenghts, skills, hobby? What do u love doing! 9ja at the moment know, u can make money outta of nothing! Do u sing, paint, dance? Are u a good prayer warrior, preacher anythng Even d visa thng u talked abt, that means u'v got an eye for details, in wateva u do or like, make urself the best. A force to reckon with. Are u good at organisation|? this will come in later or more elaborated in upcoming points.

4.) Ur association\relationship : Are these associaitions that can bring value to u. R u a Christian or moslem? what church do u go? Whc NAsfat fo u go? Its God everywhr definitely, but go when ppl u aspire to be go. Dont go to a church that wastes d grat part of time & strenght binding the devil for ur situation, go whr u can meet ppl of good calibre. I rmbr my church then in 9ja, they annouce upcoming vacancies within their companies, & ds ppl will help push it as well, coz they'd blv they are doing it for God. Make urself relevant and obvious in this associations as well, to be relevant is taking point 1, 2, 3,4 and any other positive ideas to new heights. Dont go to associations whr hungry ppl are, they'd only keep u at their level, aspire for greater heights!!! thr's loads more ideas, but I hate typing & i'v got a baby to see to. Drop ur nmbr I can give u a call, that's only if u urself is ready for a positive change.

Remember, its all within u!!!
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by nuclearboy(m): 3:15pm On Aug 18, 2009
Go back up and read the posts by Agboifo, HeroKing and Slaughter. Then read Agboifo again. Avoid spiritualizing issues. God is Supreme and will help you but you need to move.

Forget books and further self development for now. Look into your own soul. A preacher once said Universities prepare us to serve others whist even the roadside Vulcanizer prepares his apprentices to become enterpreneurs. Think about your problem as though its a university assignment for the weekend. What can you do? Sell THAT! You have 140 Million potential customers and thats only in Nigeria.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by qblaze(m): 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2009
Abeg, enough of all this sympathy and empathy.

My friend, get up and start something for yourself. You don't need to be a slave to be useful. How can you actually let someone order you around.

"Get up and do something"
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2009
OP.

incredible.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by kingPINN(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2009
Heavens help those that help themselve,

If people do not want to help you, you have to help yourself,

The problem I see here is that you are waiting for a high paying job to fall on your lap, there are some jobs that do not require much skills to do,

Look around, you will see graduates doing all kinds of jobs to make ends meet and they are happy doing it becos they are the ones paying their bills.

You can do bus conductor, you can be a driver if you know how to drive, just try and start something my friend, dont wallow in self pity.

By taking up this jobs, your dignity will still be intact and you will not be beggarly, and God will sure bless you,

Start small and you shall be blessed,
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by allinfog: 9:45pm On Aug 18, 2009
Hi, its so common as water, what the government has done, and is still doing to undo the future-the youth. you can imagine serving your nation wholeheart and only to get victimized by the country, WELL i 4 one have decided to take the bull by the horn and i which you do same. Embark on vigorous self development, create something that solve people's problem, find a nit ch, be committed. We shall all get there. remember ITS ONLY THE FOOL THAT ALWAYS WAIT FOR OPPORTUNITIES, THE WISE WILL ALWAYS CREATE ONE.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by guseman(m): 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Poster
I can feel your pains but i am not an exception in this kind of situation but you have to keep believing that ONE DAY things will turn around and that is what i call HOPE.

Ask everybody that are the big guys in the Society today, they will share their own experience and in most cases you will know your experience is not the worst. I really appreciate your wife, most girls of nowadays will desert you when things are hard, I am a living witness and it has been happening right from the days of Job in the Bible, just keep been positive,

All the best.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by sosisi(f): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2009
cry cry cry cry

I pray you find something soon.
Isn't there anyone here who can help this young man.
He seems to have a good head on his shoulders
@ poster,don't give up.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by salinco(m): 11:06am On Aug 19, 2009
Keep on driving Bro.

One day a young lady was driving along with her father.
> They came upon
> a storm, and the young lady asked her father, What should I
> do?"
>
>
> He said "keep driving". Cars began to pull
> over to the side, the
> storm was getting worse.
>
> "What should I do." The young lady asked?
> "Keep driving," her father replied.
>
> On up a few feet, she noticed that eighteen wheelers were
> also pulling
> over. She told her dad, "I must pull over, I can
> barely see ahead.
> It is terrible, and everyone is pulling over!"
>
>
> Her father told her, "Don't give up, just keep
> driving!"
>
> Now the storm was terrible, but she never stopped driving,
> and soon
> she could see a little more clearly. After a couple of
> miles she was
> again on dry land, and the sun came out.
>
> Her father said, "Now you can pull over and get
> out."
>
> She said "But why
> now?"
>
>
> He said "When you get out, look back at all the people
> that gave up
> and are still in the storm, because you never gave up your
> storm is
> now over.
>
> This is a testimony for anyone who is going through
> "hard times".
>
> Just because everyone else, even the strongest, gives up.
> You don't
> have to, if you keep going, soon your storm will be over
> and the sun
> will shine upon your face again.
>
> This story touched me! I hope it touched you!
>
> Feel free to pass it on to someone you know, who is going
> through
> tough times. Tell them never give up, because GOD will
> never give up
> on them!
> "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthened
> me!"
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by seyibrown(f): 12:36am On Aug 21, 2009
Na wa o!
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by pek(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2009
in as much as the stort sounds pathetic, the truth is, it is not an exception. my wife graduated in 1996 and she has tried all she can, no job. but you make in life with a little push and your joblessness may just be the push.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by jedijedi(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
You case is not that critical as you may feel. A little about my own case. I never knew anybody in Nigeria. I graduated in 2001 and served in 2002. It was very difficult for me getting job, no money to even transport to submit CV. I had to beg on the street to get fare. I was even frying "buns and puff-puff" at a time to make ends meet - imagine a man frying buns to sell. Withing a year of searching I landed a job with UAC - Mr biggs, later to Bank, later to Chevron, later travelled to UK under HSMP, will be getting my permanent residency in 2 months. What I am saying in essence is that, you dont need to know anyone - you only need God and you need to ARISE first before you can shine. You can't believe that it take somene to know people to get a job and you expect to get a wonderful job - please change your mindset. You can make it. I pray God will help you renew your mind.This mind of yours can not get you to the promised land. Remember what Paul said that those Hebrew guys could not enter the promised land because of their unbelieve.

My brother, it is well with you if you are a born again, if not please dont delay - today is the day of salvation - accept Jesus today and confess Him as your Lord and Saviour. Please find a bible believing church and change your association as well.

May God surprise you as you do this.
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by jofaj: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2009
If you are really serious about working to make it in life, I will link you, but pls be ready to work with integrity.
Our company, a U.S. based international company is expanding & require more hands. The company has branches in 140 countries. Sales representatives, marketing managers, salesmen & women are required all over the globe. Minimum qualification is school certificate.
APPLY THROUGH: ministryforhelp@yahoo.co.uk, OR SEND E-MAIL +2348034707472
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by hallo(f): 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2009
Self pity or looking for pity party will take you no where. Everybody has gone through one thing or the other before God crowned our efforts with success. Believe in yourself first. Their is virtually something out there for you to do. The problem is most people have fixed their mind on one way and thereby will not notice when an opportunity comes in disguise. Pitying you is like adding more problem to what is on the ground. There are many things to do even selling of recharge cards nearby where you stay, phone call business etc they are countless. Just get something to do before that dream job you want comes. i will advice you read Think and grow rich by Napoleon hills. Read books that will challenge you mind to bring out the giant in you. smiley smiley smiley But please if you don't have Jesus Christ in you (cos God is always there to direct you) all this my psychoanalysis am given you will amount to nothing, Jesus Christ first, then his wisdom follows. wink cheesy
Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by snooping(m): 8:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
Thanks all!

After posting the sorry tale, I got a job at an Insurance company (not a marketing job), it was another sorry tale. But I have to thank God for the experiences and lessons of life. I have come to realise that our certificates are not meant to be 'meal tickets' but just an evidence of the knowledge and exposure we had at the higher institutions.

I have the basics of education, I am brilliant, and I am good at decisions making and taking, I am a great manager! I have discovered myself to be a problem solver such that certain people in the society are willing and ready to pay for my solutions. I am on the right track now, I have started small and seeing myself looking big in the nearest future. Testimonies are on the way.

I am grateful to all contributors on this important topic, It 's really a topic one cant afford not to contribute to, it affects most of us either directly or indirectly.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! by afrobaby(f): 11:33am On Apr 19, 2011
@poster, congrats, may this be the begining of better opportunities for u, when I saw insurance, I was scared at first, but since u sad it's not marketing, wish u goodluck

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Responsible Guy For A Relationship / Celtel: We Received Your Resume! / Diamond Or Gtb, Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.