Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,418 members, 7,853,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

African American In Nigeria. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African American In Nigeria. (3750 Views)

Igala Nigerian American In The NFL / I Hate Being An African American Woman / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African American In Nigeria. by mamag3: 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2009
That is their country of origin, so they should be there
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2009
Of course the Nigerians visiting stay with family. They can easily blend in.

I don't know about the girl's family sha, but there's no visitor in my family. If you be female, you go help cook and do some chores grin Of course they'll suggest it nicely grin

As for "evil", I meant bad boys, yahoo yahoo, Mr-I-Loff-You-Sorry-I-Love-Your-Money-More
Re: African American In Nigeria. by oyinda3(f): 1:29am On Aug 07, 2009
lol @ u go help cook if u be female. some soul food and jambalaya abi  cheesy
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Hauwa1: 2:08am On Aug 07, 2009
what is the best insect, mosquitoes repellent to take from US to Nigeria?
what is the best bottled water?
how can she get a netted bed to sleep in? can the family provides netted bed for her?
are there hotels with net bed?

girl, i have to help you with questions you should ask wink
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 07, 2009
oyinda.:

lol @ u go help cook if u be female. some soul food and jambalaya abi cheesy

What is jambalaya?
Re: African American In Nigeria. by davidif: 2:24am On Aug 07, 2009
You will notice Nigerians could be loud at times. Please do not mistake this for aggression. It is simply a manner they are accustomed to in expressing themselves.

ha ha ha, chai, my naija people we too loud, that's what makes us fun.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Hauwa1: 2:54am On Aug 07, 2009
Jambalaya is one hellish condiment pple liken to Jollof rice. ate it once at cheesecake factore ewwww.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 07, 2009
I think I know what it is. Its like jollof rice, same color, but softer and different smell?

I like it, that thing is tasty o
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Hauwa1: 3:01am On Aug 07, 2009
i guess you ate it at a good place then. i couldnt eat mine.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by platinumnk(f): 3:51am On Aug 07, 2009
FL Gators:

What is jambalaya?

Chai!! come down to Louisiana ASAP!

U need Jambalaya, seafood gumbo, shrimp etouffee!
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 07, 2009
platinumnk:

Chai!! come down to Louisiana ASAP!

U need Jambalaya, seafood gumbo, shrimp etouffee!
Is it Nigerian made? cuz am tired of eating their food here.

Ohh, cant wait to get home tomor. . . .can already smell my mom's cooking. ahhhhhhhhh cheesy cheesy
Re: African American In Nigeria. by platinumnk(f): 5:01am On Aug 07, 2009
FL Gators:

Is it Nigerian made? cuz am tired of eating their food here.

Ohh, cant wait to get home tomor. . . .can already smell my mom's cooking. ahhhhhhhhh cheesy cheesy

I dont deny that 9ja's cooking's the best, but if u try Louisiana food its a close second. I know u heard about
Louisiana's legendary cooking, please, when ever u can make it here, you gotta eat the food.
You can get it nowhere else.

You and Hawa, that jamb. you ate was bland, I promise, eat it here, you'll be singing praises!! cool
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 07, 2009
platinumnk:

I dont deny that 9ja's cooking's the best, but if u try Louisiana food its a close second. I know u heard about
Louisiana's legendary cooking, please, when ever u can make it here, you gotta eat the food.
You can get it nowhere else.

You and Hawa, that jamb. you ate was bland, I promise, eat it here, you'll be singing praises!! cool
Send me some,dear
Re: African American In Nigeria. by oyinda3(f): 5:27am On Aug 07, 2009
haha jambalaya is AA food that's supposed to be like jollof. or originated from jollof. i've never tried it but i heard it's very rich n tasty
Re: African American In Nigeria. by platinumnk(f): 6:11am On Aug 07, 2009
FL Gators:

Send me some,dear
i will try o wink

oyinda.:

haha jambalaya is AA food that's supposed to be like jollof. or originated from jollof. i've never tried it but i heard it's very rich n tasty

it is. imagine jollf rice without the palm oil and tomato sauce. very yummY, and the gumbo is just like okra soup
Re: African American In Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
tpia.:

you people really need to make up your minds whether you consider west Africans pretty or ugly.

On one hand you have some AAs saying they want to commit suicide because they have west African features, while at the other end of the pole some others are saying they're flattered to be considered west African. Yet others are busy raining curses and insulting all the Africans they see.

anyway, visit Nigeria first before ululating.

After talking about generalisation in the original thread, what do Nigerians do ? Generalise, smh!
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
ezeagu:

After talking about generalisation in the original thread, what do Nigerians do ? Generalise, smh!

cant say I get your point but go easy on the ass licking.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2009
tpia.:

cant say I get your point but go easy on the ass licking.

Of course tpia would think being hospitable to someone visiting your country is ass licking, if your trying to look for a confrontation with an African American or are trying to spite one back because another had hurt your feelings, then actually look for one that has done something wrong, alright?
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2009
ezeagu:

Of course tpia would think being hospitable to someone visiting your country is ass licking, if your trying to look for a confrontation with an African American or are trying to spite one back because another had hurt your feelings, then actually look for one that has done something wrong, alright?

being hospitable means attacking anyone who doesnt lick ass like you?

Of course you have something to gain from the woman noticing you, but can you spell out in clear language how the same kind of ass licking will profit me?
Re: African American In Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2009
tpia.:

being hospitable means attacking anyone who doesnt lick ass like you?

Of course you have something to gain from the woman noticing you, but can you spell out in clear language how the same kind of ass licking will profit me?

Oh yes, I have "something to gain" from a random anonymous nairaland user id. Oh I know what it is, a positive view of my country, with that local people might even gain more income from a possible rising flood of tourists due to good things being said about Nigeria, but your sensitive self obviously has some score to settle with an African American, so you use an anonymous user name (on a very public forum) to do it with. What did your first post have to do with the thread in the first place. Maybe you should think before rampaging through a thread like bull with a chip on its shoulder.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
ezeagu:

Oh yes, I have "something to gain" from a random anonymous nairaland user id. Oh I know what it is, a positive view of my country, with that local people might even gain more income from a possible rising flood of tourists due to good things being said about Nigeria, but your sensitive self obviously has some score to settle with an African American, so you use an anonymous user name (on a very public forum) to do it with. What did your first post have to do with the thread in the first place. Maybe you should think before rampaging through a thread like bull with a chip on its shoulder.

ezeagu dont make me laugh.

its now you care about a "positive view of your country"?

but let anyone else (especially a Nigerian) post something good about Nigeria and you and yours will be the first to denounce and destroy whatever they're saying?

abeg if you need to knock boots do so and stop tripping over your shoelaces in this schoolboy manner.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by redsun(m): 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2009
Tpia,wahala.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by oyinda3(f): 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
ezeagu:

haha we thank God we thank God. my country too cool
unless i'm confusing u with somebody else that is.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Outstrip(f): 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
With all the kidnapping going on in the east right now? I don't think she should stay in a hotel either. Her accent will give her away. If her friend has a nice place for her to stay that will be better. Besides she will not have the real experience if she stayed in a hotel
Re: African American In Nigeria. by ezeagu(m): 7:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
tpia.:

ezeagu dont make me laugh.

its now you care about a "positive view of your country"?

but let anyone else (especially a Nigerian) post something good about Nigeria and you and yours will be the first to denounce and destroy whatever they're saying?

abeg if you need to knock boots do so and stop tripping over your shoelaces in this schoolboy manner.

Show me where I denounced anything good about Nigeria, if you can't find anything, then you know what you are.

oyinda.:

haha we thank God we thank God. my country too cool
unless i'm confusing u with somebody else that is.

Regardless of what me or anyone else says, my homeland still remains in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, so there's no way I'm not Nigerian.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 09, 2009
redsun:

Tpia,wahala.

em, I didnt address you or mention your name, so please return the favor.

ezeagu:

Show me where I denounced anything good about Nigeria, if you can't find anything, then you know what you are.

Regardless of what me or anyone else says, my homeland still remains in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, so there's no way I'm not Nigerian.

Only thing constant in life is change.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by FowardEast(f): 7:38am On Aug 10, 2009
@Proudakata

I hope you're not going there to "find yourself".
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 10, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin"
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Ifygurl: 8:27am On Aug 10, 2009
@ OP
Hope you have fun. grin
Re: African American In Nigeria. by redsun(m): 8:34am On Aug 10, 2009
tpia.:

em, I didnt address you or mention your name, so please return the favor.

I just think u are amazing.Do u know what otapiapia means?
Re: African American In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 10, 2009
^^ another lonely attention seeker.

Did he contribute anything relevant to the thread?

No.

better head for romance section- maybe someone will call your name there.

otapiapia seller.

trust some stupid nairalanders to ever poke their stupid nose where it doesnt belong.

God punish the devil in you.
Re: African American In Nigeria. by redsun(m): 5:42pm On Aug 10, 2009
tpia.:

^^ another lonely attention seeker.

Did he contribute anything relevant to the thread?

No.

better head for romance section- maybe someone will call your name there.

otapiapia seller.

trust some stupid nairalanders to ever poke their stupid nose where it doesnt belong.

God punish the devil in you.

Kai,u are so spiteful,u will make a very bad companion and that clearly means u are a lonely person,hence u are very quick to use that word,loneliness,sorry,u need to turn a new leaf.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

>>hand Gesture Of Differents Cultures / The Yoruba And Other Canaanite/hebrew Israelites Of Nigeria / French Speakers On Nairaland!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.