Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time (1249 Views)

James Avery, Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Actor Is Dead / Cast Of Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Then And Now / Prince Of Persia Movie! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by dreamara(f): 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2009
One of the most successful and mind-blowing games of this generation is coming to the movie screen the summer of 2010!starring Jake Gyllenhaal(Yes,that other guy from Brokeback mountain.)Judging from his pic here,he sure fits the job. what do u all think?

Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by maedan(f): 7:07pm On Aug 06, 2009
I wouldn't exactly have picked him for the role(I do believe Orlando Bloom would have suited it better cool) But if he can pull off a decent six-pack and some good biceps to go with the revealing costumes, then I have no complaints tongue.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by dreamara(f): 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
yeah.u're right.they could have given it to a real arabian though, guess almost all of them are either bombing themselves or fighting so no one could serve,
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by maedan(f): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2009
lol. You're mean grin. I hope the movie will not flop because of their choice. I mean, how many major male lead roles has he played? I mean big time? Well, who knows, maybe this movie will do for him what Troy did for Brad Pitt. undecided grin
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by bgees(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2009
i would have preferred Eric Bana.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by obinna5000(m): 10:44pm On Aug 06, 2009
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time teaser trailer

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWS-jz4Xx3I[/flash]
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2009
imo, Ben Kingsley should be the bigger attraction here.

the world doesnt always revolve around six packs.

I hope the movie lives up to expectation.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by maedan(f): 12:27am On Aug 07, 2009
Who's Ben Kingsley Well, I hope there's a seriously fetching female co-star to make the movie worthwhile, cos the little I've seen, I'm not impressed. This movie better have strong characters, a strong plot, and some kick-ass battle scenes. If not, then---- undecided.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by mamag3: 12:53am On Aug 07, 2009
What a video game? grin
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by davidif: 2:37am On Aug 07, 2009
[size=18pt]IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN VIN DIESEL.[/size]
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 07, 2009
maedan:

Who's Ben Kingsley Well, I hope there's a seriously fetching female co-star to make the movie worthwhile, cos the little I've seen, I'm not impressed. This movie better have strong characters, a strong plot, and some kick-ass battle scenes. If not, then---- undecided.

Ben Kingsley is the guy who played Ghandi, and he's an award winning actor.

Quite famous- I didnt know he was half-Indian until I looked up his wiki bio just now.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by bgees(m): 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2009
Isn't Ben Kingsley too old?
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by dreamara(f): 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
Ahem, Vin Diesel is bald.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2009
bgees:

Isn't Ben Kingsley too old?

it depends on the part, and no he isnt, anymore than Denzel, Hugh Grant or Samuel Jackson.

actually, with the way the producers are making Jake Gyllenhaal the main/only attraction here, I have serious doubts about this movie. I hope I'm wrong.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by essdee909(m): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2009
I cant belive it princ of persia movie,its a must watch the game rocks
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by spikedcylinder: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2009
Jake Gyllenhaal does indeed seem like an unlikely choice but he doesn't look half bad in that poster. Plus, his looks are somewhat and might fit into the Arabian character he's playing.

However, in most cases, game movies always bomb. Lets see how this one goes.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by obinna5000(m): 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Jake Gyllenhaal does indeed seem like an unlikely choice but he doesn't look half bad in that poster. Plus, his looks are somewhat and might fit into the Arabian character he's playing.

@spikedcylinder
I agree with you there.
Game movies are not always tight and they usually flop in the box office.
Examples, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Doom, Final Fantasy and so on.
While some enjoy moderate success like Resident Evil and Tomb Raider.
Lets hope that the Prince Of Persia movie coming out in 2010 is good and gets commercial sucess as well.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by biolabee(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
didnt play the game when growing up

but the teaser reminds me of the The Mummy Returns (scorpion king)

i dont know how it will do,

naveen andrews or eric bana wld have been ok for the role
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by mamagee6(f): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2009
davidif:

[size=18pt]IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN VIN DIESEL.[/size]

Exactly.
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by dreamara(f): 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Yep, u're right. Take G.I Joe for example. That movie sucked big time,
Re: Prince Of Persia:the Sands Of Time by tpiah2: 3:19am On Aug 12, 2009
dreamara:

Yep, u're right. Take G.I Joe for example. That movie sucked big time,

it did?

I was so looking forward to it.

(1) (Reply)

Papa Ajasco Shines In Ghana / See Actor Jide Kosoko Asking For A B L O W Job In New Movie / Actress Mercy Aigbe Shows Off Her Tempting Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.