Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Identify A Need And Fill It (must Read). - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Identify A Need And Fill It (must Read). (535 Views)

How To Identify A Very Profitable Business Idea - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / 3 Ways To Identify A Profitable Business And Maximize Profit / How To Identify Fake Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Identify A Need And Fill It (must Read). by drnsoha(m): 3:24am On Apr 23, 2016
Today I will like to talk on one major key to wealth creation using my experience and my environment as a case study.

One way to create wealth is to identify a need and fill it.

This is a very simple thing to do. Look around your environment, think of what people need in your area, school, office, city or nation. Think of different problems people are facing around you and try to think out a way to provide solutions to those problems.

Today there is a hike in the price of goods and commodities in Nigeria as an economist once said that the inflation rate is over 34%. I recently listened to an television interview and the Political Minister said over 5000 youths are going to loose their jobs in Kaduna because sachet water otherwise known as "pure water" factories are closing up due to the increase in price of the material used in producing the "nylon sachet". It is also good to note that these "nylon sachets" are also imported. He said that the increment has doubled the price of this material from N600,000 to over N1,400,000, which sounds true because if Nigerian's could recall, a bag of sachet water has increased from N60 to N150 therefore making it almost impossible for the common man to access "good" drinking water. I termed it good because I know that not all are bad but some are not even worth to be packed or sold. But instead of joining the others to complain, I asked myself some questions like, why do Nigerians patronize this products, I found out 2 answers 1. Because it is packed in a small fancy bag 2. Because it is sometimes sold-out chilled. During these process I also found out that truly water isn't scarce or expensive but the so-called "fancy materials"are just too expensive to be purchased. I took my time to rethink and reflect to the good old days when they were no "sachet waters", we had something called "ice water" it was made by pouring cooked water to a "water proof" and then chilled to be sold. One special thing about this is that the water was been treated (locally cooked) and you get to see how it was made and that it is clean and good for drinking before you buy whereas Nigerian's don't even care if the so called factories treat these overrated "pure waters" well before packing and selling them, all we do is just bite and drink. we don't even ask "How is the environment of these factories like? Do they clean the instruments and machines they use all the time? All we do is just bite open and drink the packed "pure waters" with strange and horrible company names like "Double Trouble Table Water".

Anyway i am currently running a study with some friends to see if these used sachets that are littered in every corner and streets of Nigeria and termed as "waste" could be recycled or converted somehow to bridge this gap or help out in someway. And believe me we are close to a breakthrough. So brother, you too can make it by solving a problem. Its so unfortunate that Nigeria still imports toothpicks. Yes its a problem and we have been made a laughing stock by the international community and their media outfits but believe me Brother that's wealth calling and we can make it, we can make this country a better Nation.

So Don't wait! Start thinking!

Aliko Dangote is recognised today as the richest man in Africa. How did he get there? He simply identified people’s needs and filled them. He started from the scratch and grew his business empire by selling things like cement, sugar, salt and other daily provisions.

Interestingly one man’s problem is another man’s opportunity. Start thinking of several opportunities you can utilize for building wealth today. Write them down and proceed immediately on meeting those needs.

See you at the top!

Nigeria! Good people, Great Nation.

God Bless Us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Identify A Need And Fill It (must Read). by momentum85(m): 4:22am On Apr 23, 2016
Bless u too!
Re: Identify A Need And Fill It (must Read). by Goldenboy842(m): 4:47am On Apr 23, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Identify A Need And Fill It (must Read). by Flexherbal(m): 5:35am On Apr 23, 2016
A good job!

(1) (Reply)

Advertise Your Products Here For Free / The Chinese currency Yuan (pic) / Here Is Some Good News For Pension Fund Contributors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.