Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? (1779 Views)

Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) / When Your Father Works With Nigerian Breweries(Hilarious Photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by jaelz(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
Guys in the house has your dad ever told you he loves you? Mine has never told me o neither have i directly told him also dunno why Nigerian Daddies Find it very difficult to tell their children the love them most especially the male kids.

Come share your experiences and how you felt when he said i love you.
Cc: ishilove, airforce1, seun, lalasticlala
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by klassykute(m): 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
first time i was like wtf... common dad

1 Like

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Cutehector(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
Naaaaah.. I dnt even wish to hear it.. it would sound like lies..
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by thesicilian: 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nigerian men have no time for emotional talk. They don't tell you they love you, they show you

4 Likes

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by KingTom(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
When he gave me his BMW and started calling it YOUR CAR. that was worth more than a million I love yous smiley

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by ApexTitan(m): 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
It is not for the father to hold the son's hand and tell him he loves him especially in Africa. A father's love is expressed in practical ways that are of benefit to the son; in demonstrating in his own way how the virtues that truly make a boy into a man come together he is showing one of the highest forms of father-son love. Forget all that mishy-mashy emotional stuff that, in recent times, seem to be norm... Too many boys these days are growing up to be weaklings because of that expectation.

1 Like

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by dopedealer(m): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
I have never thought of it untill you came up with this thread. Funny enough I have never heared it from him even though he might have said it else where.
The thruth still remains I know my dad loves me so much with the things he does for me. Action speaks louder than voice. I remember one afternoon we bought PMS at a station and d attendant was like ur son is ur carbon copy. ... He gave her 1k with all smiles and happiness. . . That touched me.
Over the years I've said it countless times to myself this man loves me and I know it.
So I don't think I need to hear it from him.
Like if your dad Loves u grin

7 Likes

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by jaelz(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
KingTom:
When he gave me his BMW and started calling it YOUR CAR. that was worth more than a million I love yous smiley

Deep bro
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by KingTom(m): 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
jaelz:

Deep bro
wink
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2016
IV LOST COUNT ON THE NUMBER OF TIMES HE TOLD ME.
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Ishilove: 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
jaelz:
Guys in the house has your dad ever told you he loves you? Mine has never told me o neither have i directly told him also dunno why Nigerian Daddies Find it very difficult to tell their children the love them most especially the male kids.

Come share your experiences and how you felt when he said i love you.
Cc: ishilove, airforce1, seun, lalasticlala
That's so corny. I don't need him to tell me he loves me. I KNOW he loves me by his actions so no need. embarassed

African parents are generally not expressive. They show their affection through actions. I'm likely going to follow in my parents footsteps when my kids come because dem no use this 'I love you' thing train me grin
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Fkforyou(m): 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
It would sound weird to me.... cheesy
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Ishilove: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
Fkforyou:
It would sound weird to me.... cheesy
Uber weird
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by tunaguy(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
My mom has never told me talk less of my dad it sounds wierd tho
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by pinkiberry(m): 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
no matter what happens, no one can love you more than your parents. its nature.
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by IamLEGEND1: 8:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
Dad: Legend,I love you,son.
Me:

2 Likes

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by lilmax(m): 1:11am On Apr 24, 2016
not his role
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by EfemenaXY: 7:41am On Apr 24, 2016
I tell my four year old daughter several times a day I love her, and she responds likewise. Then I respond with, "No, I love you more". Her reply? "No I love you more, more." And I'll be like, "No I love you more, more, more",followed with kisses and hugs.

T'is always a competition between us both on who loves the other more. cheesy

Nigerian parents need to lighten up a bit. Acting all hard isn't always the best and sort of explains why the country is infested with hardened criminals and murdering extremists.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:
I tell my four year old daughter several times a day I love her, and she responds likewise. Then I respond with, "No, I love you more". Her reply? "No I love you more, more." And I'll be like, "No I love you more, more, more",followed with kisses and hugs.

T'is always a competition between us both on who loves the other more. cheesy

Nigerian parents need to lighten up a bit. Acting all hard isn't always the best and sort of explains why the country is infested with hardened criminals and murdering extremists.

I play this "game" too. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy Sunday dear. kiss

1 Like

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by EfemenaXY: 8:21am On Apr 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

I play this "game" too. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Happy Sunday dear. kiss

A very happy Sunday to you too darling kiss kiss

Come, what's with the unbridled sexual tension with Mr *** of recent?? cheesy You've certainly changed your tune of recent - I almost don't recognise you...

Hope you aren't leading the poor boy on? wink
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:

A very happy Sunday to you too darling kiss kiss

Come, what's with the unbridled sexual tension with Mr *** of recent?? cheesy You've certainly changed your tune of recent - I almost don't recognise you...

Hope you aren't leading the poor boy on? wink

There is zero s.exual tension, believe me. I am the sort of person who can disagree and argue with you on one topic and agree with you on another. I don't hold grudges. As for the change part, don't we all change all the time?
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by EfemenaXY: 8:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

There is zero s.exual tension, believe me. I am the sort of person who can disagree and argue with you on one topic and agree with you on another. I don't hold grudges. As for the change part, don't we all change all the time?

Okay then "perceived". smiley

Alrighty - I get you. Just didn't want to lose you.
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Okay then "perceived". smiley

Alrighty - I get you. Just didn't want to lose you.

It won't happen. You are my favorite. smiley

1 Like

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by EfemenaXY: 8:43am On Apr 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

It won't happen. You are my favorite. smiley

Cool.

Now let me go collect a few more scalps. So many dumb threads on here...
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 24, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Cool.

Now let me go collect a few more scalps. So many dumb threads on here...

grin grin grin grin grin

Go ahead. I am following. cheesy
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by EfemenaXY: 8:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

grin grin grin grin grin

Go ahead. I am following. cheesy

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by edwife(f): 10:25am On Apr 24, 2016
Yes, anytime we are on the phone after a long talk, just before he hangs up. gringrin
My father practically lives for his children, and we love that man. kiss

1 Like

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by crackhaus: 11:18am On Apr 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

You know book well well, Oya clap for yourself jor grin
Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
crackhaus:

You know book well well, Oya clap for yourself jor grin

I have a library in my house. grin

Clap for me. wink

1 Like

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by bennyrazz: 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
my papa in those days says in Yoruba "tin moba feran yin, mo ni se gbo gbo nkan ti mo se fun yin" meaning if I don't love you, I would not be doing what I'm doing for you. He says it when he has this emotional outburst. Then he goes on to blackmail, saying in Yoruba "mo ro bo ya eferan mi?" meaning "you and your brothers don't love me", then I end up replying him thus "Dad why would you say so?" indirectly, he has told me he loves me and I have told him, I love him too. Same thing goes to my mother, she uses cheap blackmail to get you say "I love you mum". Any conversation between my mum and brother always end with my brother saying I love you mum. Imagine a grown ass man with kids saying those words to his mother. When parents begin to age, they start behaving like little children, I don't know why.

1 Like

Re: Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? by Rukkydelta(f): 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
None of my parents has said the word I LOVE YOU to me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Expose My Wife's EX? / Why Do Some Ladies Use School As An Excuse For Doing Runs? / Urgent Household items for sale in Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.