Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President (53719 Views)

An Exclusive Interview With The S.U.G President LASPOTECH |ENGIST / Lecturer Slaps UNILORIN S.U President For Mediating On Behalf Of Students / Meet Uniben S.u.g President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by muaa(f): 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
chakula:

Dear, where you came from?
northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by kan12(m): 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
Gender equality na ebe kasi elu.
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by AngryNigerian(m): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
Onyochejohn:
u get natural problem! Who tell u say sombody dey beef her now.

I know naa...u seef even follow de beef amam cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Thank you cheesy. Pardon me, but are you a Uniben student too? You sound as though you know me.

Lols..Pharm Kelvin...Jerry's friend..
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Lilimax(f): 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
Uniben my school before before embarassed
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by eminikansoso(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
Produke:
She is Lauretta Obakpolor,a 400 level student of Pharmacy,The outspoken,bold and charismatic Lauretta won five other contestants to emerge the winner of the polls.Uniben students eschewed gender bias and voted her because she was arguably the best of all six candidates,she is the second woman to lead the Students' Union Government.She won her closest rival Iyekekpolor Clifford Efosa by a margin of over 800 votes.This is a pointer to the Nigerian society that women can excel politically if Lauretta could win amidst gender descrimination from opponents.
what do you pple expect?
when other contestants are from social science and art but only her from science faculty.
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by aluma(m): 10:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
DESPO SUG president is also a female oh
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by dannywhyte(m): 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
Festy4u:
This one only the "Kpolor's" are contesting! "Iyekekpolor" and Obakpolor" grin grin grin
the funny part is the literal meaning of the names
kpolor means big
iyeke means a person's behind
oba means king...
I leave the full meanings to U.
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Festy4u(m): 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
jayboi123:
see "kpolors" everywhere! shocked see "kpolors" everywhere! grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Festy4u(m): 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
dannywhyte:
the funny part is the literal meaning of the names
kpolor means big
iyeke means a person's behind
oba means king...
I leave the full meanings to U.

Wow, thanks for explaining the meaning of "kpolor" to me! grin

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by petex11: 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmm, nice one
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by deblogger: 11:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
For complete information about the Uniben SUG elections. Visit the official campus blog of the University of Benin.

List of Winners for the 2015/2016 SUG Elections!!!

http://www.unibengist.com/2016/04/list-of-winners-for-20152016-sug.html?m=0
Join us
On Facebook @www.Facebook.com/unibengists
On BBM @ C0048C33B
On INSTAGRAM/TWITTER @UNIBENGISTNG
BBM PIN: 566115CA

Cc. Uniben Gist
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by mkoabiola: 11:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
For a lady to have won d contest among d male folks,
Den she deserve it,I respect women like ds.
Pls,who get her fone no.
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Nasman(m): 11:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
Southerners and their constant need to bring their own down. Instead of u guys should celebrate and support her, u are here insulting her. That's why, we in the north always excel in Politics we know how to support and encourage our own.

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by flexyfit(f): 12:05am On Apr 24, 2016
anigold:

see your mate.

Am expecting a dramatic response.
Oya attack me..
nahhh...m not like that....I won't attack u....feel free speak ur mind...
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by carlosslim: 12:10am On Apr 24, 2016
She has a unique story, Loretta tell the the world your story....ijendu grin
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 24, 2016
muaa:
congratulations dear... this can only happen in the south, not where I come from. #teambosslady

Quiet there, boss lady gbehe
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:52am On Apr 24, 2016
I can never support a lady being the SUG President because she might be outspoken but may be poor in decision making.
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Silvereze(m): 1:12am On Apr 24, 2016
I didn't even vote for presidency because i didn't even know whom to vote for. Let's meet at SUG parliament.
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Nobody: 3:15am On Apr 24, 2016
Corleone7:

Ohhhh. Hehehe. Have you gotten so chubby? I should have checked your profile pic earlier. Somebody's flexing real tight. cheesy
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 24, 2016
Corleone7:

Jerry would remind me almost everytime that I must ensure I vote for her. On the morning of the elections, he made sure I rallied my friends to the polling unit to cast their votes for her too. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Ehimzy(m): 6:14am On Apr 24, 2016
Our very own Lauretta! Pharmacy Rocks!!! Amazing Campaign ,
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by loadedvibes: 7:16am On Apr 24, 2016
Produke:
She is Lauretta Obakpolor,a 400 level student of Pharmacy,The outspoken,bold and charismatic Lauretta won five other contestants to emerge the winner of the polls.Uniben students eschewed gender bias and voted her because she was arguably the best of all six candidates,she is the second woman to lead the Students' Union Government.She won her closest rival Iyekekpolor Clifford Efosa by a margin of over 800 votes.This is a pointer to the Nigerian society that women can excel politically if Lauretta could win amidst gender descrimination from opponents.

Please correct the name. Her name is Lauretta Obakpolo there is no R
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by YaksonFCA(m): 7:22am On Apr 24, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by nelronaldo(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2016
On behalf of Uniben Alumni, I say congratulations.. Hope you serve the students well.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Williflezy(m): 8:50am On Apr 24, 2016
Congrate God wil give u more wisdom to do d work..
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by tbanty1: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2016
MarieSucre:
Uniben still dey do this their only Edo person go be SUG president. Congratulations to my alma mater though. Nice one.
so u wan come from another state and rule over dem? Or is the idea new to u in evry higher institutions? U no dey shame..

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by siretiowo: 10:08am On Apr 24, 2016
Bros Chinelo ruled until the end of her tenure,i was a part of that government as a student union parliamentarian so get ur facts right..
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by MarieSucre(f): 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
tbanty1:
so u wan come from another state and rule over dem? Or is the idea new to u in evry higher institutions? U no dey shame..

Rule over who? Is it only Benin indigenes who attend Uniben? Federal University again there is nepotism and tribalism. No wonder our nations politics is like this.
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Jerry would remind me almost everytime that I must ensure I vote for her. On the morning of the elections, he made sure I rallied my friends to the polling unit to cast their votes for her too. Lol.

That's the spirit...u all did well..thanks.
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by anigold(m): 1:23pm On Apr 24, 2016
flexyfit:
nahhh...m not like that....I won't attack u....feel free speak ur mind...

Hmmm see wife material. grin
Re: Lauretta Obakpolor, UNIBEN's S.U.G President by chakula: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
muaa:

northern Nigeria

Which part specifically? Because I am from North too. Beside my wife happen to be a civil servant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Orubebe" Is Now A Word In The Urban Dictionary / Seating Arrangement In Examination Hall In UNIABUJA (Photos) / UNIOSUN Best Student Got Mug As Gift (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.