Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

No Hope In The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Hope In The Senate (760 Views)

No Hope For Nigeria Power Sector – Senate / The Customized Attire Dino Melaye Wore To The Senate Plenary Session (Photos) / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Hope In The Senate by Johnnyessence(m): 2:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hope is almost lost in the Senate.....They are there only for themselves, protecting their interests. Let me begin with the so called constituency projects allocated to each senator, who collects over # 500m per year, bringing it to be over # 2billion for 4 years of the tenure. And by the time they implement the "projects", they dig boreholes, about 30, for the constituency; buy "dividends" like fridges, motorcycles, generators etc. and for the whole 4 years which will not cost
# 200m . Where is #1.8billion? Apart from this, salaries and allowances are also there. l am very sure no matter how bad the economy is, all their entitlements come first. My suggestions:
1. that Senate should be no more.
2. that only house of Representatives should be in place.
3. that each state should produce three (3) representatives instead of nine (9) which means each representative should come from each senatorial district.
4. that the representatives should not be given salaries but sitting allowances. I think the issue of killings during the electoral periods
will be reduced or put to an end. God Nigeria!https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1017720354989383&id=100002542848735&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6276744759197456425%3Amf_story_key.-356964670729475695&__tn__=*s
Re: No Hope In The Senate by olorunda68: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
good idea sir
Re: No Hope In The Senate by ATERI(m): 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
Johnnyessence:
Hope is almost lost in the Senate.....They are there only for themselves, protecting their interests. Let me begin with the so called constituency projects allocated to each senator, who collects over # 500m per year, bringing it to be over # 2billion for 4 years of the tenure. And by the time they implement the "projects", they dig boreholes, about 30, for the constituency; buy "dividends" like fridges, motorcycles, generators etc. and for the whole 4 years which will not cost
# 200m . Where is #1.8billion? Apart from this, salaries and allowances are also there. l am very sure no matter how bad the economy is, all their entitlements come first. My suggestions:
1. that Senate should be no more.
2. that only house of Representatives should be in place.
3. that each state should produce three (3) representatives instead of nine (9) which means each representative should come from each senatorial district.
4. that the representatives should not be given salaries but sitting allowances. I think the issue of killings during the electoral periods
will be reduced or put to an end. God Nigeria!https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1017720354989383&id=100002542848735&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6276744759197456425%3Amf_story_key.-356964670729475695&__tn__=*s

I have always believed that Buhari would do what no other President had done before, and that is making us question the entire concept of democracy. Buhari is the first natural-born leader to govern Nigeria in a civilian capacity ( I know some people would not like to hear that ) that is going to remove the question of whether it`s leadership that is our problem or followership. Today, Nigerians have started to question the entire concept of democracy. This thread fits perfectly into that. In a democracy, the Parliament is superior to the Presidency, especially, in a presidential system of government. The question is, once you bring Nigerians together and tell them that they are superior to the President, can you expect them to be up to any good? OP asking whether the Parliament, as currently constituted, should go and be replaced with something smaller ignores the fact that, whoever you put in the Parliament would continue to hold the Presidency to ransom, because the constitution puts them above the law. I always say that, if the constitution puts you above the law, you should know that you are not above the country. For there to be peace, stability and rapid development in Africa, the legislature would have to be totally different from what it`s today.
Re: No Hope In The Senate by Johnnyessence(m): 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
ATERI:

I have always believed that Buhari would do what no other President had done before, and that is making us question the entire concept of democracy. Buhari is the first natural-born leader to govern Nigeria in a civilian capacity ( I know some people would not like to hear that ) that is going to remove the question of whether it`s leadership that is our problem or followership. Today, Nigerians have started to question the entire concept of democracy. This thread fits perfectly into that. In a democracy, the Parliament is superior to the Presidency, especially, in a presidential system of government. The question is, once you bring Nigerians together and tell them that they are superior to the President, can you expect them to be up to any good? OP asking whether the Parliament, as currently constituted, should go and be replaced with something smaller ignores the fact that, whoever you put in the Parliament would continue to hold the Presidency to ransom, because the constitution puts them above the law. I always say that, if the constitution puts you above the law, you should know that you are not above the country. For there to be peace, stability and rapid development in Africa, the legislature would have to be totally different from what it`s today.
i love ur write up here oooo.waooo love ur write up.we should be asking the fraud senators series of question ooo.most of them are thieves especially the corrupt senate president we have.The Lord will surely remove him from that seat. saraki should honorably resign and face his charges.
Re: No Hope In The Senate by ATERI(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
Johnnyessence:
i love ur write up here oooo.waooo love ur write up.we should be asking the fraud senators series of question ooo.most of them are thieves especially the corrupt senate president we have.The Lord will surely remove him from that seat. saraki should honorably resign and face his charges.

I agree totally!!
Re: No Hope In The Senate by Johnnyessence(m): 12:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
ATERI:

I agree totally!!
yes soo

(1) (Reply)

See Top 10 Strongest Militaries In The World / Dino Melaye Wetin Happen ? / FG Rules Out Military Action Against Rampaging Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.