Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters (20092 Views)

Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce / AMCON Takes Over OAS Helicopters / The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by einsteino(m): 12:05am On Apr 24, 2016
JingoOAU:
So many daft people abound here. You lots can never know more than Nnaji, the MD of OAS helicopters as far as aviation is concerned. I can see some of you have started abusing him, and even abusing the Yorubas. You lots can never agree that everything is wrong in your region. Why are you lots shielding something that's even against ICAO standard.

A very good runway can not take nothing less than 6 years to complete

If you see any runway that was built for less than 2 years, be dead sure, it can never last for more than a year.

One of the best runways, if not the best runway we have in this country is in Ibadan airport.

It's always joyous for any pilot flying to the airport, hopefully in future, when there's more traffic, the airport can be expanded.

You are wrong. Am a civil engr. A runway is typically about 3 to 4km in length and about 3 feet thick. You can build a runway in two years or less. Though runway construction is by far more complex than a road. It requires alot of details and complex engineering, the foundation is most times rebar enforced and graded to a more precise requirement than a road. It is also grooved specially in a way that enables it shed water from its foundation. The pavement roughness is deliberately constructed to help bring airplanes to a desired breaking speed. The major trouble in most parts of the world is protest from environmentalist, this slows things down and atimes halts the project. Also the nature and engineering properties of the soil goes a long way in determining how long it would take to construct the runway, if you have a high water table or a soil that acts like a sponge.. the engrs would be in in for a fustrating time on that project both design and construction wise. Lastly due to mad thickness runways have in the touchdown zone, it is usually paved in layers and each layer is allowed to cure for weeks before adding another.

All the same a runway can be completed in less than 2yrs, if you have a good project engr/manager and a competent team of engrs..
Great Engineering isnt about how many lifetimes you spend on a project, it is about how many lifetimes the completed project last and can awe.

I guess it is the bullshit habbit of Nigeria spending as much as 4yrs constructing mere 200km roads that formed your opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Gboliwe: 12:40am On Apr 24, 2016
What is Amaechi doing? He should get to work so this jolting will stop!

So much to do yet these evil men will prefer to take pictures of themselves in one meeting or the other

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by tomiamida: 4:01am On Apr 24, 2016
You are part of what is wrong with this "indomie" generation. You want this article summarized in a sentence The apathy you have towards reading shows you cannot gather sufficient intellect needed to break free from the cycle of redundance. You are the reason the media will have "headlines" with a different story to go. "Change" your attitude!!!

dahunsy:
Coughs*****clear throat#.......someone should read pls n summarize in a sentence jor

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by NaWetinDey(m): 4:07am On Apr 24, 2016
" As my Lagos bound commercial flight charged out on takeoff roll on Runway-26 at Enugu airport, my heart jumped out of my mouth..."

Saboteurs!

That's how they start. You bear an Igbo name but you started your arguement with "Lagos bound" intending to put a clog and run to Lagos, as your kind always does, on the new face of Enugu International Airport so you can keep your helicopter business going...and only God knows how.

You would have been taken a bit seriously if you had written this last year or before. Coming now that there's a business upgrade amounts to nothing but an attempt at sabotage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 24, 2016
JoSaintiago:
This man is useless which enugu airport the one i always pass
The 'useless" man is a core professional in his field. I should assume that you are not the engineer that built the runaway. When the writer is demanding accountability and holding people responsible for the deeds, your orientation and ethnic attachment is derailing your thought process. I know what I suffered during the runway construction and extension. I shudder to imagine that I could go through the same experience again.
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 24, 2016
where are those defending their sister?
very soon that airport will be converted to a warehouse. quote me.
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 24, 2016
shamecurls:
Stella Oduah really tried for that Airport

The design is one of a Kind

It becomes a Seaport during the raining season due to excessive flooding and returns to be an airport during the dry season.

Cargo ships will start sailing into the airport once the rainy season is here and the water levels re high

Am certain its the only airport with such features in the world.

The AeroSeaport

hahahahaha... you no go kill pesin.

unlike the airport in Dubai that actually has a metro inside and conveys you to your particular gate.

international airport indeed.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by mandax: 6:44am On Apr 24, 2016
ichidodo:
What the f**k is this trash? There is no such thing as a 'failed runway' especially when there isn't any noticeable effects of wear or potholes.Heck,most Air bases especially in the Pacific war theatre during WWII did very fine after quick refilling work on damaged runways and still fly out heavy duty bomb laden strato fortresses B-series Bombers weighing more than two 737 jets for at least a hundred sorties per day...Enugu airport in peace time is more than capable of handling its own traffic,thank you very much...Mr badbelle.
But this is not war period. The airport tarmac in Enugu has to be in optimum condition for a new and modern airport it is.

Lafarge Tarmac, may have to be the next choice construction firm to examine the airport for repairs.
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by exwizzy90(m): 7:10am On Apr 24, 2016
Hahahaha. Funny and factual; u just made my day
shamecurls:
Stella Oduah really tried for that Airport

The design is one of a Kind

It becomes a Seaport during the raining season due to excessive flooding and returns to be an airport during the dry season.

Cargo ships will start sailing into the airport once the rainy season is here and the water levels re high

Am certain its the only airport with such features in the world.

The AeroSeaport
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by layzie: 7:51am On Apr 24, 2016
@ all those claiming the man is a saboteur, I expect you to confirm that you used the same runway 26 and it was smooth all the way. Heck, u could even attach pictures of the entire stretch to prove your point.

The man saw something wrong and wrote to thisday newspapers in order to get the attention of those concerned to take appropriate measures. I think that is very noble of him. A habit we should all emulate to get govt attention when things are going wrong.

If you say he is not telling the truth, write to thisday as well quoting this article and let them kno.

Let thisday carry out their investigation and tell us who is correct.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Deepfreezer(m): 8:49am On Apr 24, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
They are equally within the SE society. If they didnt benefit from it, they castigate it. That's their usual pattern.

Dozens of private jets, local commercial jets, pilgrim jets and Ethiopan airlines' jets,787, have been landing without any complaints.
Because good news about more flights to the US and China from Enugu came out last week.
Their sleep has been interrupted. And now they came out with this.

hahahha Ayaka don't mind them. the good news has been disturbing their sleep. if the airport isn't upto standard airlines like Emirates wouldnt want to open up her Enugu routes. more Airlines are rushing down as we speak.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Deepfreezer(m): 8:52am On Apr 24, 2016
Was it not same airport we landed at from China on board ET.. just lastmonth.
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by MrGerald(m): 10:06am On Apr 24, 2016
smallJagaban:
SOUTH EAST N BACKWARDNESS ARE PARALLEL
silly, SE has more modest and beautiful cities than your yoruber, even the villages in SE looks wonderful, keep deceiving yourself with Lagos, a collective efforts and leaving other areas in SW dilapidating
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by MrGerald(m): 10:09am On Apr 24, 2016
smallJagaban:
YET THEY WANT TO COMPETE WITH YORUBA

DEM NEVER BORN THEM WELLA TO COMPETE WITH YORUBA
silly, SE has more modest and beautiful cities than your yoruber, even the villages in SE looks wonderful, keep deceiving yourself with Lagos, a collective efforts and leaving other areas in SW dilapidating
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by SeunWedsLinda(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Progressive01:
You want the government to hold the people responsible to account so some jobless miscreants would print banners and take to the street, blocking the Niger bridge in protest against the persecution of their illustrious daughter by the intolerant FG?? Nah, not gonna happen!
the FG will never recognize your authority to dictate to them on whom and whom not to bring to trial and prosecution. So Mr omenka, rid yourself of narcissism and some traces of egoistical tendencies.
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
asala1:

Since the infrastructure is okay, may it forever remain the way it is.

Every infrastructure is subject to improvement.

Your propaganda is not weighty enough to stop passengers from using Enugu Air port.

Anyway, Nice try, look for another strong propaganda.
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
[i][/i]What would States in Nigeria without Airports do then?
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Viccur(m): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2016
OOOOO SO LONG AN ESSAY. PLS SOME1 SHOULD QUOTE ME WITH THE GERMANE POINTS
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by tarekamos: 4:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
dahunsy:
Coughs*****clear throat#.......someone should read pls n summarize in a sentence jor

Thank God Stella is still alive.
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by asha80(m): 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
Deepfreezer:
hahahha Ayaka don't mind them. the good news has been disturbing their sleep. if the airport isn't upto standard airlines like Emirates wouldnt want to open up her Enugu routes. more Airlines are rushing down as we speak.
has emirates indicated any interest in opening Enugu route? Any link to the story? Any other link about other airlines apart from peace air?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by Laid2001: 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
All those blaming Yorubas for this write-up should think twice because:

Nnaji, the Managing Director/CEO of OAS Helicopters, writes from Lagos

the writer is not Yoruba!
Re: Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters by NoraNnaji: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mr Nnaji of OAS Helicopters seems to have a lot of spare time in his hand.
He should rather improve his own business as he owes his current and former employees a lot of money.
OAS has not paid salaries for up to a year. People are going to court trying to get what is rightfully theirs. Shame on that 'big man'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Reopens 2 Recreational Parks - Ndubisi Kanu Park & Dr Abayomi Finnish Park / Third Mainland Bridge Repair Update: First Phase Completed / FRSC Recovers N1.78m Inside Accident Victim's Car In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.