Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery (2561 Views)

Buhari Nominates Anthony Ojukwu As NHRC Boss, Writes Senate For Approval / I’ll Be In Senate For Life — Bukar Ibrahim / Senator Barnabas Gemade Caught Sleeping In The Senate For The 3rd Time (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
In its report Keeping Foreign Corruption out of United States:Four Case Studies former Vice President and aspirant for APC Board of Trustees Chairman,Atiku Abubabakar was indicted by the report which Executive Summary was initially made public after a public hearing by the US Senate Committee headed by Senator Carl Levin , listed Abubakar among the four persons tagged ‘Politically Exposed Persons’(PEP), who were used as case studies.
Offshore Wire Transfers. Jennifer Douglas, a U.S. citizen and the fourth wife of Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President and former presidential candidate in Nigeria, helped her husband bring more than $40 million in suspect funds into the United States from 2000 to 2008, through wire transfers from offshore corporations. The Securities and Exchange Commission has alleged in a 2008 civil complaint that Ms. Douglas received $2.8 million in bribe payments from a German conglomerate, Siemens AG, which has acknowledged making the payments.

http://www.u4.no/recommended-reading/keeping-foreign-corruption-out-of-the-united-states-four-case-stories-permanent-subcommittee-on-investigations/
https://financialtransparency.org/investigations-subcommittee-holds-hearing-on-keeping-foreign-corruption-out-of-the-united-states-four-case-histories/

START READING FROM PAGE 178

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Acjohn(m): 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
This is not kwarraptian because he is from the north and an APC member.
Am waiting for the language by which the party would shield him.
But my question is that why is the US coming out now. Hope it us not a ploy to cause confusion in the country.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
Acjohn:
But my question is that why is the US coming out now. Hope it us not a ploy to cause confusion in the country.
Which confusion,Atiku is not even in the equation in terms of power right now.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Mekus68: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
What baffles me most is that upon all the corruption n embezzlement of public funds by northern politicians, the north still remains perpetually poor, hence boko haram is now giving out loans to their youths.

Waiting for the ZOMBIES to come n say its IPOB U.S senators.
Just watch.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mekus68:
What baffles me most is that upon all the corruption n embezzlement of public funds by northern politicians, the north still remains perpetually poor, hence boko haram is now giving out loans to their youths.

Waiting for the ZOMBIES to come n say its IPOB U.S senators.
Just watch.
Nothern leaders like Abacha,IBB and Atiku have to leave to residents poor and dependent on their handouts to maintain their hold and power in that region. They are some of the most evil creatures to walk this planet,they should not be allowed to reside with humans.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by afanide: 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
well don op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
afanide:
well don op
Will Buhari have the political will to go after one of the major financiers of APC,that is the question.The investigation has been completed, if you read the report from page 178 the bank account number was mentioned the bribe was paid into. United States has done EFCC and ICPC job free of charge,all that remain is for Atiku to be prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by GasAndOilTheory(m): 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
Nigeria: What do you do after
school?

Jagaban!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Standing5(m): 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
Northern politicians like Atiku aren't protected the way certain posters are trying to make it look. The Harliburton scandal has been treated by the USA, and that doesn't mean automatic sentence on Nigerians who were found culpable.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
Standing5:
Northern politicians like Atiku aren't protected the way certain posters are trying to make it look. The Harliburton scandal has been treated by the USA, and that doesn't mean automatic sentence on Nigerians who were found culpable.
How come the foreign suspects in Siemens and the Halliburton case bribery case were all jailed but the bribe recipients in Nigeria like OBJ,Atiku,Abdusalami etc are still walking free, and you say Northern politicians are not protected. They collected bribes from foreign multinationals in order to favour them in contracts,how can they not be found culpable.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by millhouse: 8:16am On Apr 24, 2016
He is now In apc, old things shall pass away and is now a new creation grin
Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
millhouse:
He is now In apc, old things shall pass away and is now a new creation grin
I still believe Buhariwill bring him to book he was indicted in Siemens and also mentioned in Halliburton bribery.
Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
Nigeria: What do you do after
school?

Bukola Saraki: I go buy weed
from Jagaban.

Danladi Umar: I
always go buy cigarettes from
Jagaban

3rd student.(Buhari ) I pass by
Jagaban's place and buy akpeteshi.

4th Student:.(Tinubu) Sir I stay
home and do my home work.

Nigeria: Wow! You are a great
student, I hereby nominate you as
class prefect to be an example to
the rest, what's your name again?

4th student: Tinubu Jagaban!!!
Tinubu is his name
Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by swaggerjack: 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
Acjohn:
Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by swaggerjack: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2022
afanide:
well don op
Re: Atiku Abubakar Indicted By USA Senate For $2.8 million Siemens Bribery by Godjone(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2022
The only threat for Obi is Jagaban. Atiku is a serial loser

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Northern Youth Warn Against Attacks On PMB, Threaten Showdown / 80-year-old Ritualist Arrested With Human Body Parts In Osun State. Graphic Pics / Enugu Urban Renewal And New Looks ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.