Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal (9943 Views)

ALLEGED: DSS To 'secretly Execute' Nnamdi Kanu- The Cable / I Want To Buy Fuel At The Price Of N45 By Tomorrow- Buhari / Jonathan Insulted Nigerians By Appointing Anenih As NPA Chairman – CNPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by asha80(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2009
jumobi1:

If Nigeria can't defeat Libya on its own, do you think it is in the West's (U.S and U.K) interest to let Libya defeat Nigeria?

Is that where you are banking on nigeria's victory on

That simply means we are not good enough to fight libya if we are hoping on help from 'our allies' in uk and us.And what makes you think they will support nigeria to fight libya?
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by jumobi1(m): 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2009
asha 80:

[/b]

Is that where you are banking on nigeria's victory on

That simply means we are not good enough to fight libya if we are hoping on help from 'our allies' in uk and us.And what makes you think they will support nigeria to fight libya?

That is not where I am banking victory on. That is why I said (IF). You need to pay attention to Foreign Affairs. The sad truth is that the West would not allow Libya go to war with a lot of countries.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Sauron1: 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
jumobi1:

Not necessarily war but if any country has the guts to execute 220 of your citizens, you should at least probe that country's government. No sensible country would let stuff like that fly.

I agree with this. . . . .

Why can't Nigeria whup Libya's ass in a war. . . .
We are not talking terrorism here. . . .we are talking about full blown war.
If ma memory serves me right, Nigeria has the best ground unit in the whole of Africa so what gives!!!

Let us start by killing all the Libyans in Nigeria. . . .that should make Qadaffi sit up and stop the senseless killings.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by asha80(m): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

I agree with this. . . . .

Why can't Nigeria whup Libya's ass in a war. . . .
We are not talking terrorism here. . . .we are talking about full blown war.
If ma memory serves me right, Nigeria has the best ground unit in the whole of Africa so what gives!!!

Let us start by killing all the Libyans in Nigeria. . . .that should make Qadaffi sit up and stop the senseless killings.

Where will you locate them?Even if there is a war between the 2 countries where is the battlefield going to be?
Is the nigerian ground force you are boasting about trained in desert warfare?
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Sauron1: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
asha 80:

Where will you locate them?Even if there is a war between the 2 countries where is the battlefield going to be?
Is the nigerian ground force you are boasting about trained in desert warfare?

Yes they are. . . . . .They have been drilled to handle any sorta physical condition.
They were better than their peers in the ECOMOG and all em peace-keeping mission shiznit.
How many personnel can the Libyans boast of as compared to the millions of Nigerians in the military?
Our leaders should be ashamed that a hopeless country like Libya is maiming Naija citizens.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by jumobi1(m): 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yes they are. . . . . .They have been drilled to handle any sorta physical condition.
They were better than their peers in the ECOMOG and all em peace-keeping mission shiznit.
How many personnel can the Libyans boast of as compared to the millions of Nigerians in the military?
Our leaders should be ashamed that a hopeless country like Libya is maiming Naija citizens.

Thank you very much. I can't believe some Nigerians here don't know our army is no joke.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by asha80(m): 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Sauron~:

Do nigerian leaders have shame?Do they even care?Obasanjo once admitted he is not ashamed of anything and he was nigeria's president for 8 years.

Count yourself lucky to be a british citizen.

Which training?The one that was posted on this site a few months ago where guys were standing on there heads on a stone  cheesy
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by skfa1: 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2009
If this is true, then it is not acceptable.

Deportation would have solved the problem.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Sauron1: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
asha 80:

Do nigerian leaders have shame?Do they even care?Obasanjo once admitted he is not ashamed of anything and he was nigeria's president for 8 years.

One of the reasons i cannot stand OBJ. . . .He is the worst leader Nigeria ever had.
Shame on him.

Which training?The one that was posted on this site a few months ago where guys were standing on there heads on a stone  cheesy

U underestimate the Nigerian Army. . . . .
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by jumobi1(m): 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2009
OBJ is actually one of NIgeria's best Presidents because we haven't had many good ones. Do you expect him to say he regrets what he did as president? He is military minded.
Nigeria's army helped Liberia and Salone.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Borat1: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2009
Is someone supposed to be advocating for war here! Sauron, Is that how they go to war? Na wa o
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by asha80(m): 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2009
jumobi1:

OBJ is actually one of NIgeria's best Presidents because we haven't had many good ones. Do you expect him to say he regrets what he did as president? He is military minded.

Of course he is the best ever president in a joke of a country called nigeria.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by jumobi1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
Borat of Kazakhstan, what should Nigeria do if this is true? Remember this is allegedly done with the approval of the Libyan government. It wasn't a mistake. (still don't believe this is true)
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by asha80(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2009
jumobi1:

Borat of Kazakhstan, what should Nigeria do if this is true? Remember this is allegedly done with the approval of the Libyan government. It wasn't a mistake. (still don't believe this is true)

What can nigeria do if not lip service.Na today?
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by jumobi1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2009
I asked what we SHOULD do not what we CAN do. I would like an answer. lol
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Sauron1: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
jumobi1:

As a democratic-elected President, OBJ was a monumental failure.
I can understand the Abachas, IBBs, Buharis cos they were military dictators. Foreign investors were not totally convinced to work with them.
But for OBJ. . . . . .He had no excuse, he ruled for 8 years and he dragged Nigeria from glory to doom in those years.

It's not an issue open to debate. . . . . .Nigeria will whup Libya in any war(Air, Sea or Land).
How many military personnel have they got compared to Nigeria?

~Borat~:

Is someone supposed to be advocating for war here! Sauron, Is that how they go to war? Na wa o

Step 1: Gather 22 American citizens in Nigeria(never mind 220)

Step 2: Execute them and use illegal immigration as an excuse

I give Nigeria just 48 hours before it turns to Baghdad/Kandahar.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by asha80(m): 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
jumobi1:

I asked what we SHOULD do not what we CAN do. I would like an answer. lol

What we should do does not arise since in the end we will not do it.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Borat1: 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
@sauron
You and i know very well killing an american is quite different from killing a nigerian and thats a fact. Detaining an american in your country is enough to cause diplomatic issues not to talk of executing them. And moreover, if that happens we would simply be bombed senseless from above by jets which subsequently fly home, thats not war.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by strangleyo: 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
Libya would probably win.

They have a bigger Air fleet than we do. We can't actually get troops to Libya, it would be an air war.

Also Libya's ground forces are equal in strength to Nigeria's.

We can't really recruit more because that means we have to pay them, which subsequently means a governor doesn't get to eat or have big party, or to buy his wife a brand new mercedes benz and send his kid to school in London.

We lose.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by nex(m): 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
@$osisi

I don't expect this kind of rumour mongering from you. You should know the kind of news source to trust.

@Jumobi, Sauron

Nigeria will perish in a war with Libya. We live in a world of technology so despite the fact that Nigeria has one of the best ground forces in the world, a good airforce is a hundred times better than thousands of foot soldiers.

Also recall that Nigeria is about the most hated country in the world. If you didn't know this, know it now. Britain and the USA have forged new diplomatic ties with Libya that are strong than all the years of wayo-wayo allies they've been portraying with us. The entire EU will back Libya because right now Libya is their agent for controlling illegal immigration from Africa which is a very serious problem in Europe.

So some countries will sell weapons to Nigeria, but many will provide free military aid worth billions of euros to Libya. Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Portugal and several others. The only countries that will back us up in a war today are China and Russia, and they can only do as much as is convenient to them. Europe however will do everything in their power to see us defeated.

I can say that Libya is not executing 220 Nigerians because in Benin City, two of the media houses are in constant touch with the camps, being that most of the Nigerians in detention there are from Edo state. There are daily programs in which the detainees in Libya are spoken to directly, and nobody has heard anything of such.

Someone mentioned the case of HIV children and I just wanted to clarify that the children were Libyan Children infected by foreign health workers. Then again the Libyan government didn't head to the fields to execute them. In fact, I believe those health workers were given light sentences or released to their countries.

Nigerians are not wanted anywhere! The least you can do is enter these countries legitimately else you will be treated worse the dirt when caught. STAY ONE PLACE!
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by strangleyo: 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libyan_Army

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Nigeria

No chance boys. Our army is infinitely less equipped than Libya's. We'd get slapped around like a white woman in a small town by her drunk husband after a bottle of gin is downed.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Sauron1: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2009
~Borat~:

@sauron
You and i know very well killing an american is quite different from killing a nigerian and thats a fact. Detaining an american in your country is enough to cause diplomatic issues not to talk of executing them. And moreover, if that happens we would simply be bombed senseless from above by jets which subsequently fly home, thats not war.

So u know. . . . . .Are we admitting the value of an American life is >>>>>>>than that of his Nigerian counterpart?
Jesus Wept!!!

strangleyo:

Libya would probably win.
They have a bigger Air fleet than we do. We can't actually get troops to Libya, it would be an air war.
Also Libya's ground forces are equal in strength to Nigeria's.

Libya's ground forces are nowhere near that of Nigeria. . . . .stop misinforming the public.
Nigerians have over 25 million ground units that are available should a situation arises.
The cache of armoury and weapons Libya boasts of are now obsolete. . . .90% of em won't work.
They have not bought new weapons in years cos of military sanctions against em so what are we talking about?

We can't really recruit more because that means we have to pay them, which subsequently means a governor doesn't get to eat or have big party, or to buy his wife a brand new mercedes benz and send his kid to school in London.

Should it happen, Nigeria will make it compulsory for able-bodied men to serve their fatherland just like the NYSC.
Failure to do it will land people directly in jail.
USA, UK and many of the world super powers will side with Nigeria because of the Black Gold will produce.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by strangleyo: 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2009
Libya's ground forces are nowhere near that of Nigeria. . . . .stop misinforming the public.
Nigerians have over 25 million ground units that are available should a situation arises.
The cache of armoury and weapons Libya boasts of are now obsolete. . . .90% of em won't work.
They have not bought new weapons in years cos of military sanctions against em so what are we talking about?

Nigerians have a bigger population not a bigger force. Its not the same thing.

The same can be said for Nigeria. Our troops still use AK47s. There are far better weapons than those. Look at our airforce. We have 30-40 operational fighters. Compared to thousands for Libya.

Should it happen, Nigeria will make it compulsory for able-bodied men to serve their fatherland just like the NYSC.
Failure to do it will land people directly in jail.
USA, UK and many of the world super powers will side with Nigeria because of the Black Gold will produce.

Nigeria can't force anyone to do anything. You've seen Nigeria lately? FYI we're not raising a slave army, we have to pay conscripts. Where do you think this money will come from?

Do we have enough jails, or police officers to arrest uncompliant officers?

Assuming an army is raised, how would we get them to Libya? March them through Niger and Chad? Are you thinking? Do we have the transport vehicles to get our troops from point A to point B?
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Sauron1: 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2009
strangleyo:

Nigerians have a bigger population not a bigger force. Its not the same thing.

Nigeria can gather 25 million male fighters if the flags go up.

The same can be said for Nigeria. Our troops still use AK47s. There are far better weapons than those. Look at our airforce. We have 30-40 operational fighters. Compared to thousands for Libya.

Which thousands? U peops under-estimate Nigeria. . . .
Maybe you should try and chat up military chaps in a bar one day. Nigeria is well-equipped to destroy any country in Africa if the need arises.

Nigeria can't force anyone to do anything. You've seen Nigeria lately? FYI we're not raising a slave army, we have to pay conscripts. Where do you think this money will come from?

There's money in Nigeria. . . . Forget what those useless politicians tell you.
Nigeria will pay whatever it costs.

Do we have enough jails, or police officers to arrest uncompliant officers?

Yes, we do!!!

Assuming an army is raised, how would we get them to Libya? March them through Niger and Chad? Are you thinking? Do we have the transport vehicles to get our troops from point A to point B?

How did the Nigerian troops get to Liberia, Sierra Leone and all other peace-keeping missions? On Camels or Donkeys?
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by strangleyo: 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2009
Nigeria can gather 25 million male fighters if the flags go up.

There are 25 million fit males in Nigera? Who will fight in the army? We don't have 25 million uniforms? 25 million AK 47s?Power outage will mean we can't produce them.
To pay them $1.00 a day we will go bankrupt in a week.

Which thousands? U peops under-estimate Nigeria. . . .
Maybe you should try and chat up military chaps in a bar one day. Nigeria is well-equipped to destroy any country in Africa if the need arises.

What military chaps? Nigeria can defeat crap African militaries made up of ragtag militias. It will struggle with Arabs in the north, they are more equipped and better organized. Sub Saharan armies in general are weak and ineffective at fighting well organized forces. If they weren't we wouldn't have been colonized.

There's money in Nigeria. . . . Forget what those useless politicians tell you.
Nigeria will pay whatever it costs.

I didn't say there's no money in Nigeria.

I simply said this money will not be used to pay our troops. Politicians in Nigeria would prefer we lose a war than to give up their lavish lifestyles.

Yes, we do!!!

No we do not, Nigerian prisons are already overcrowded.

How did the Nigerian troops get to Liberia, Sierra Leone and all other peace-keeping missions? On Camels or Donkeys?

Those places don't have organized air defenses. Also may I remind you the UN helped us get there.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Sauron1: 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
strangleyo:

There are 25 million fit males in Nigera? Who will fight in the army? We don't have 25 million uniforms? 25 million AK 47s?Power outage will mean we can't produce them. To pay them $1.00 a day we will go bankrupt in a week.

We don't even need up to 500,000 soldiers to turn Libya to a Zoological garden. . . .I was just saying Nigeria can rally up a small batallion.
What do you take Nigeria for? A country of 180 million compared to that rubbish Arab country?
U forget Libyans were helped when USSR were still existing. . . .Who do you think America and all these oil-hungry countries would support?
50% of our oil revenue in their pockets for a year would make em give us the needed logistics to bombard Libya. . .We have something they want, Libya does not.

What military chaps? Nigeria can defeat crap African militaries made up of ragtag militias. It will struggle with Arabs in the north, they are more equipped and better organized. Sub Saharan armies in general are weak and ineffective at fighting well organized forces. If they weren't we wouldn't have been colonized.

Organised ma foot. . . . . . .You are looking at issues from the rearview. . . .Libya had substance in the 80s. . . .Not after the Soviet Union don't longer exist. Why do you think Quadaffi has been quiet and even drifting towards the West these days. He is now on his own,
If he sneezes, he would get hurt.

I didn't say there's no money in Nigeria.
I simply said this money will not be used to pay our troops. Politicians in Nigeria would prefer we lose a war than to give up their lavish lifestyles.

When the war starts, funds will filter through.

No we do not, Nigerian prisons are already overcrowded.

Trust the military men to quickly release the army of prisoners who are yet to be tried in the court so that absconders can replace them.
We are talking of a war here not street riots.

Those places don't have organized air defenses. Also may I remind you the UN helped us get there.

They will be snappy to HELP Nigeria again.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by nex(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07, 2009
Please, let's get back to the topic because I don't know where you people want Nigeria to raise a military of 25 million. No country has ever done that in the history of earth.

Let's go back to whether Libya is executing 220 Nigerians tomorrow at "Asubah". Only New Nigerian has carried that story so far. Since when has the New Nigerian turned to a source of breaking news? Is there no news agency in Libya that may have carried the news? The execution of 220 human beings is not something that will draw attention from only the New Nigerian only.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by strangleyo: 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2009
We don't even need up to 500,000 soldiers to turn Libya to a Zoological garden. . . .I was just saying Nigeria can rally up a small batallion.
What do you take Nigeria for? A country of 180 million compared to that rubbish Arab country?
U forget Libyans were helped when USSR were still existing. . . .Who do you think America and all these oil-hungry countries would support?
50% of our oil revenue in their pockets for a year would make em give us the needed logistics to bombard Libya. . .We have something they want, Libya does not.

Europe will prefer an intact Libya. They don't want Africans pouring into their countries. Italy, Portugal, Spain and Austria will definitely help Libya logistically.

Organised ma foot. . . . . . .You are looking at issues from the rearview. . . .Libya had substance in the 80s. . . .Not after the Soviet Union don't longer exist. Why do you think Quadaffi has been quiet and even drifting towards the West these days. He is now on his own,
If he sneezes, he would get hurt.

Libya is the most developed country on the continent.

When the war starts, funds will filter through.

It won't. These are not robbin hood type people.

Trust the military men to quickly release the army of prisoners who are yet to be tried in the court so that absconders can replace them.
We are talking of a war here not street riots.

They will not fill up the jails with innocents. I can guarantee it. Logistically speaking it is not possible in Nigeria.

They will be snappy to HELP Nigeria again.

Not without the approval of certain key members of the security council.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by Sauron1: 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2009
strangleyo:

Europe will prefer an intact Libya. They don't want Africans pouring into their countries. Italy, Portugal, Spain and Austria will definitely help Libya logistically.

Europe will flip their middle finger at Libya. . . . .U must be mixing Libya up with Morocco.

Libya is the most developed country on the continent.

Egypt, South Africa, Gabon are better.

It won't. These are not robbin hood type people.

U will be amazed. . . . .

They will not fill up the jails with innocents. I can guarantee it. Logistically speaking it is not possible in Nigeria.

Na today? 90% of the people in Naija jails as we speak are innocent.

Not without the approval of certain key members of the security council.

Time will tell.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by nex(m): 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2009
Please, if you people don't have facts then don't discuss complicated issues. Stick to the news of the 220 and stop wailing like rabid dogs.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by alias64: 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
This sort of reporting can have its uses.  For, although racists have now successfully labelised us Nigerians as corrupt, dishonest and thieves, the fact remains that one of our vulnerability is that we are pretty honest people. Our honesty is what also makes us naive and gullible people, fun to take the Mickey out off, as so ably illustrated by the number of Ghanaians and African American on the board pretending to be Nigerians.  Those in power in America and Europe often use lies to socialise their people. For example, the myth of white superiority was used to imbue in their people a sense of racial pride. They use lies to frighten their people into complying with unpopular programs and use lies to help create new markets in pharmaceuticals. Maybe those in power in Nigeria can use lies to fool the Nigerian people into staying in Nigeria. On the other hand telling Nigerians that they are better off than many people abroad is not a lie.
Re: Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal by honeric01(m): 12:39am On Aug 08, 2009
see as some people dey belittle nigeria for war,  tell me, in the whole of africa, when it comes to peace keeping, who provides the highest peace keeping force in africa? we even leave our country to save others from internal or ethnic war most of the times,  ask sierra leone and liberia, they will remind you,  how many are they in libya? if our thief politicians know that their houses and families are not safe in time of war with libya (if it ever happens), the funds will come out in 100 folds, we would buy whatever artilliaries needed to send libyian cities back to the cave times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News: Taraba State Governor Die In Plane Crash / Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances / Obiano Rewards Victorious Anambra Debate Team, Top Scorers In FG Common Entrance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.