Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,596 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Follow The Trend In The Nation’s Power Sector – Fashola To Consumers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Follow The Trend In The Nation’s Power Sector – Fashola To Consumers (431 Views)

Otedola Presenting 100M Cheque To Fashola (Throwback Photo) / NERC Grants Gencos Right To Sell Electricity Directly To Consumers / Chicken Consumers Flay Increased Processing Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Follow The Trend In The Nation’s Power Sector – Fashola To Consumers by TheHeadlinerngr: 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola has called on Nigerian electricity consumers to acquaint themselves with the process under which electricity is now being produced, transmitted and supplied.

The Minister made this charge in a meeting with the Director General of the Consumer Protection Council (CPC), Dupe Atoki. According to the Fashola the Minister noted that in as much as the position of consumers in service delivery is more sacrosanct now than ever before and that they have the duty to play to the rule in decision making when called upon to do so.

Babatunde Raji Fashola added that Nigerians must understand that the service providers have been changed with the privatization of the two key arms of electricity value chain. He informed that this is the beginning of the new era of joint ownership which is important because no provider can fix tariff without the participation of consumers.

He also commended the renewed vigour which the new helmsman has put into the running of the CPC, promising that the power sector under his watch will not allow Nigerians to be short-changed. Fashola noted that this has informed Government’s stand on the need to bridge the metering gap.

The Director-General of the Consumer Protection Council (CPC), Dupe Atoki while appealing to the Minister to hold operators in the power sector accountable, commended the Minister for coming up with a consumer-centred agenda for the three key sectors: Power, Works and Housing, under his watch. She particularly commended the Minister for ensuring significant commitment to ensuring improvement in electricity supply as recently experienced.

culled from www.theheadlinerng.net

follow us on @TheHeadlinerng
Re: Follow The Trend In The Nation’s Power Sector – Fashola To Consumers by XaintJoel20: 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
Was this not the same Fashola that said "any responsible government would provide electricity for it citizens in 6months".
It's obvious Fashola is now telling Nigerians that the government he is part of is not "responsible"...

I refuse to follow this trend because it will do me no good.

Fashola should humble resign if he can't deliver. This is not the time for political patronage...
Re: Follow The Trend In The Nation’s Power Sector – Fashola To Consumers by Tpave(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
All we need is constant light sir.
Re: Follow The Trend In The Nation’s Power Sector – Fashola To Consumers by emmalexabl(m): 11:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
The minister for darkness and rocket science has spoken...
Charlatans everywhere for nigeria., None is trustworthy !!
Re: Follow The Trend In The Nation’s Power Sector – Fashola To Consumers by Geofavor(m): 7:06am On Apr 24, 2016
Jeez! I even forgot fashola is the minister of power. I have been laying curses on the minister and his IKEDC workers after they refused to provide us here with electricity for up to a week. So, Fashola has also failed? This is so sad. sad

All the story written up there, I'm sorry, is total hogwash. Follow which trend? The only trend I see is an epileptic power supply.

(1) (Reply)

Accounting For Small Business 6 Points To Note / Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income. / How To Improve Your Business And Be Ahead Of Your Competitors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.