Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) (1325 Views)

The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks / The Indigenous People Of Mambilla Plateau / The Future Of Our Indigenous Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) by ademega(m): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2016
CONVERTING AFRICAN INDIGENOUS SCIENCE (AIS)

Now that the country is trying to diversify the
economy from oil to agriculture there is need too to upgrade our African Indigenous Science to a Morden one that would be worldwide acceptable . However, how this would be possible in terms of those that would be responsible to make it happen is yet to be cleared to me personally . I just want to write it out ,who knows ,someone somewhere could catch the vision and there we go.
I have list of AIS here that we can convert to Morden science. I would give insight into three of them then you can add your suggestion on modification to others.
Meaning –Magun/ edun ara ( thunderbolt)- it means “iwo kogbodo gun” in Yoruba language (“do not climb”) .thunderbolt can be traced to the god of Sanyo the god of thunder and lightning. Despite the fact that it has its origin in the Yoruba culture ,it is also used by people all over the country to curb promiscuity.

-How it works –it is a love and killer charm that is placed on a woman by her lover, husband, family members, in-laws, some parents on their female children in order to prevent rapes on them. men that has sexual intercourse with this charm experience strange behavioural symptoms for men like cock ,headache ,convulsion ,somersaulting ,enlargement of penis, sexual partners glue with each other and the withdrawer of male organ impossible and death .

-How it can be modified – imaging magun placed on that your expensive car ? All these symptoms of magun could be his free gift . This would be more effective than car tracker , car security etc. this charm could also be in form of app on your phone .just think of that precious thing you have and put magun in form of security on it .

Ijaya – Eru (Fear)- if you place someone on "Eru" he or she will be afraid of you for life when around your vicinity.

-How it can be upgraded – it can be converted into something like a security camera in front of your house or property and any intruder would be frighten to come close to your property for life.

Mayehun (Refuse me not)- it is used when you want a person to grant your request after a command is made) request money from people, Miser, tight-fisted friend or wealthy man. There is a simple incantation that goes with some Mayehun formulas "In oruba Language; Orun Lo ngba towo omode Orun Lo ngba towo agba " x5 Translation: "Sleep takes from the young Sleep takes from the old Part of the preparation goes thus. You put a cowry (cowrie shell) in each hand when going to sleep . The following morning it would have dropped from your hands. Pick them up and pound them (to powder) with the herbs".
How it could be upgraded – imagine a weapon in this form in the fight against terrorist . you just command them to drop their weapon or even ask them to sleep immediately

- Afose (To Speak and come to pass or Speak and happen)- against criminals ,in form of weapon .

-.Ase- (To command Power and authority) it has the ability to make whatever Statement you make to come to pass or happen or ability to compel anything to compel to your will which include Animated and in animated object) . this can be inform of mobile phone .
-.Aluwo -(Charm to make someone fall after being hit)

-Agbefuye(Lightening charm).- This can be used in companies where they manufacture heavy equipment. You can produce a small object then insert a chip( the charm) into it and you see it lifting very big equipment .

-Olonde(Charm that makes one to lose one’s sense after being hit).- Our police and military can have this as a weapon to disarm criminals

.-Afeeri(Disappearing charm).- Can be used by the force .

-Kanako(Distance shortening charm). -Just like a car

-Egbe(Air flight charm without using jet, chopper or plane)

-Tude(Loose bondage). -Can be Used for captured military men in form of let say rope or bomb self.

-Okigbe/ Odeshi (Cutlass proof). This would be in form of bulletproof vest.

-Ayeta(Bullet proof)

-Isoye(Memory enhancing charm) without reading much you will pass. This can be inform of tablet for all students or new born babies .

.-Ifura (Charm to suspect) -it reveals future event before it happens. EFCC ,police ,military etc .this would be installed in all government offices .

-Anasare (speed after beating ) this can be in form of button to an object ,then we have our car .
contribution please......

written by: ademega

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) by shevi4mb(m): 8:38am On Apr 24, 2016
Wow...so so innovative...
But Nigeria, as a country of Religious stupidity will never accept or incorporate this. cry
Re: Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) by ademega(m): 9:01am On Apr 24, 2016
lalasticlala let people contribute
Re: Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) by giles14(m): 10:05am On Apr 24, 2016
ademega:
CONVERTING AFRICAN INDIGENOUS SCIENCE (AIS)

Now that the country is trying to diversify the
economy from oil to agriculture there is need too to upgrade our African Indigenous Science to a Morden one that would be worldwide acceptable . However, how this would be possible in terms of those that would be responsible to make it happen is yet to be cleared to me personally . I just want to write it out ,who knows ,someone somewhere could catch the vision and there we go.
I have list of AIS here that we can convert to Morden science. I would give insight into three of them then you can add your suggestion on modification to others.
Meaning –Magun/ edun ara ( thunderbolt)- it means “iwo kogbodo gun” in Yoruba language (“do not climb”) .thunderbolt can be traced to the god of Sanyo the god of thunder and lightning. Despite the fact that it has its origin in the Yoruba culture ,it is also used by people all over the country to curb promiscuity.

-How it works –it is a love and killer charm that is placed on a woman by her lover, husband, family members, in-laws, some parents on their female children in order to prevent rapes on them. men that has sexual intercourse with this charm experience strange behavioural symptoms for men like cock ,headache ,convulsion ,somersaulting ,enlargement of penis, sexual partners glue with each other and the withdrawer of male organ impossible and death .

-How it can be modified – imaging magun placed on that your expensive car ? All these symptoms of magun could be his free gift . This would be more effective than car tracker , car security etc. this charm could also be in form of app on your phone .just think of that precious thing you have and put magun in form of security on it .

Ijaya – Eru (Fear)- if you place someone on "Eru" he or she will be afraid of you for life when around your vicinity.

-How it can be upgraded – it can be converted into something like a security camera in front of your house or property and any intruder would be frighten to come close to your property for life.

Mayehun (Refuse me not)- it is used when you want a person to grant your request after a command is made) request money from people, Miser, tight-fisted friend or wealthy man. There is a simple incantation that goes with some Mayehun formulas "In oruba Language; Orun Lo ngba towo omode Orun Lo ngba towo agba " x5 Translation: "Sleep takes from the young Sleep takes from the old Part of the preparation goes thus. You put a cowry (cowrie shell) in each hand when going to sleep . The following morning it would have dropped from your hands. Pick them up and pound them (to powder) with the herbs".
How it could be upgraded – imagine a weapon in this form in the fight against terrorist . you just command them to drop their weapon or even ask them to sleep immediately

- Afose (To Speak and come to pass or Speak and happen)- against criminals ,in form of weapon .

-.Ase- (To command Power and authority) it has the ability to make whatever Statement you make to come to pass or happen or ability to compel anything to compel to your will which include Animated and in animated object) . this can be inform of mobile phone .
-.Aluwo -(Charm to make someone fall after being hit)

-Agbefuye(Lightening charm).- This can be used in companies where they manufacture heavy equipment. You can produce a small object then insert a chip( the charm) into it and you see it lifting very big equipment .

-Olonde(Charm that makes one to lose one’s sense after being hit).- Our police and military can have this as a weapon to disarm criminals

.-Afeeri(Disappearing charm).- Can be used by the force .

-Kanako(Distance shortening charm). -Just like a car

-Egbe(Air flight charm without using jet, chopper or plane)

-Tude(Loose bondage). -Can be Used for captured military men in form of let say rope or bomb self.

-Okigbe/ Odeshi (Cutlass proof). This would be in form of bulletproof vest.

-Ayeta(Bullet proof)

-Isoye(Memory enhancing charm) without reading much you will pass. This can be inform of tablet for all students or new born babies .

.-Ifura (Charm to suspect) -it reveals future event before it happens. EFCC ,police ,military etc .this would be installed in all government offices .

-Anasare (speed after beating ) this can be in form of button to an object ,then we have our car .
contribution please......

written by: ademega
pls it's Yoruba indigenous science
Re: Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) by ademega(m): 12:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
giles14:
pls it's Yoruba indigenous science

pls see this post beyond u guys usual tribalistic view. I only wrote within my view as a yoruba guy. what is appropriate is for you to contribute yours as igbo boy and hopefully hausa guy would contribute for an all round experience in African science as pertains my view
Re: Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) by giles14(m): 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
ademega:

pls see this post beyond u guys usual tribalistic view. I only wrote within my view as a yoruba guy. what is appropriate is for you to contribute yours as igbo boy and hopefully hausa guy would contribute for an all round experience in African science as pertains my view
well u never gave room for contribution
Re: Converting African Indigenous Science (ais) by ademega(m): 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
giles14:
well u never gave room for contribution
how do I do that bro?

(1) (Reply)

Who And What Is Iduu To The Great Igbo Tribes. Follow Me / WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVOURITE NIGERIAN CULTURAL ATTIRE? (Photos) / The Benin/akure War Of Ad 1818

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.