Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Is Politics And Religion Compatible? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Politics And Religion Compatible? (639 Views)

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / Investment With The Highest Returns Now Is Politics / What Is Politics And How To Play It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by EvanceK: 9:18am On Apr 24, 2016
Can anyone help me in that?

Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Yes in ISLAM.

No in Christianity.

Very dangerous combo!

The MAIN reason Muslim Countries are in ruins world over.

THIS COMBO IS THE MOST POTENT SATANIC WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by LoveMachine(m): 9:25am On Apr 24, 2016
In my opinion they should be inseparable. But only from the perspective of anything that doesn't contribute to development should be discarded. Both should be tools used for progress but instead they have been turned into shackles and weapons that have been turned against us. Go figure. Just my two kobo.
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by queenoflafia(f): 10:27am On Apr 24, 2016
Light and darkness are not compatible
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by UAE123(m): 10:34am On Apr 24, 2016
Both Religion & politic should go together because they are both for the well being of the citizenry.Come to think of it,if both the Christians & the Muslems persons that are in active politic do exactly what their religious belief expect of them dont you think that the word will be a better place to live.
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by funlord(m): 10:55am On Apr 24, 2016
angry

NEVER!
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by Youngmaster0(m): 11:02am On Apr 24, 2016
UAE123:
Both Religion & politic should go together because they are both for the well being of the citizenry.Come to think of it,if both the Christians & the Muslems persons that are in active politic do exactly what their religious belief expect of them dont you think that the word will be a better place to live.

Wrong!!! I think Politic and Religion is incompatible Muslims claim their religion allows them to marry young children as wives as well as marrying as many wives as possible which will result to many children which becomes an economic challenge to any nation

Or what about the killing of innocent by some group of religionalist claiming is what their religion demands

Politic and religion is incompatible let's separate both and see how great dz nation will be overnight
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by Progressive01(m): 11:07am On Apr 24, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Yes in ISLAM.

No in Christianity.

Very dangerous combo!

The MAIN reason Muslim Countries are in ruins world over.

THIS COMBO IS THE MOST POTENT SATANIC WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION
Don't you think you sound contradictory

@op: Nothing is as deadly as a good dose of religious politics especially among third world countries- that is why you see countries like the Holy See and Saudi Arabia, thriving while the reverse is the case in African countries.

I don't know how this might sound, but the only religion that has really shown there are lots of things to be gained from religion is Buddhism. Otherwise, Christianity and Islam have been responsible for some of the most devastating wars we've witnessed in recorded history.
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by UAE123(m): 11:39am On Apr 24, 2016
Youngmaster0:

Wrong!!! I think Politic and Religion is incompatible Muslims claim their religion allows them to marry young children as wives as well as marrying as many wives as possible which will result to many children which becomes an economic challenge to any nation

Or what about the killing of innocent by some group of religionalist claiming is what their religion demands

Politic and religion is incompatible let's separate both and see how great dz nation will be overnight
I clearly understand u point but the fact that we are bearing the same first name or surname with an armed robber,a kidnapper or even a prostitute does not mean dat we must always change our name. Religion is good but it is d followers dat are the problem. So I still belief dat if those in govt follow wat d holy books says abt their way of governance their will b rapid development & no stealing of government fund
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by HolyHero: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
Niccolo machiavelli - "politics and religion are like the two side on a coin"
Re: Is Politics And Religion Compatible? by Caseless: 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yes! Politics has its origin in religion.

(1) (Reply)

tension as Fulani Herdsmen Plans Fresh Attack In Enugu Community / How Nigeria's "JUDAS" Ayo Fayose Kicked Against Chinese Loan To Nigeria! / Lai Mohammed,D’banj,Paul Artwright Attend Creative Industries Conference(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.