Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve (611 Views)

Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students / We'll Withdraw Your Kids From School If You Tarnish Our Image On Social Media-FG / Christians Will Wear Church Garments To School, If Hijab Verdict Is Implemented (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by Ayo199(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
Having met the admission requirement of a course u applied for in a school...I mean lyk if d cutoff mark for computer science in d school u chose is 50 and u beat that cutoff scoring 66 and provided u've also meet their jamb cutoff but yet you are denied admission by the school...don't you think one has d right to sue d school?
Re: Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by Fxwarrior: 2:14pm On Apr 24, 2016
grin
Very funny. Just when I thought I have read it all.
Nairalanders and funny questions are like bread and butter.
Op even JAMB will tell you that the institution reserves the final right to offer you admission.

You can't sue them on that.

1 Like

Re: Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by babyfaceafrica: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2016
Na school go determine if dem won admit you or not...if you like score 100 percent....if dem say no..even supreme court no get mind
Re: Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by Ayo199(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Na school go determine if dem won admit you or not...if you like score 100 percent....if dem say no..even supreme court no get mind
well,I guess u don't know ur rights...d school says score dis and u convincingly score above that..then wud u b denied..well,I heard of smnone DAT did DAT n he won I.e the school made amendment..
Re: Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by Itannooluwa(f): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
u dnt try dah n 9ja ma dear op....jst a waste of tym,resource nd diginity
Re: Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by Itannooluwa(f): 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
u dnt try dah n 9ja ma dear op....jst a waste of tym,resource nd dignity
Re: Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by UnibenPilot: 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
Yes! you have every right to sue them.

btw uniben aspirants check my signature
Re: Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by fweshyboi(m): 8:37pm On Apr 24, 2016
Do yu know wat dey call grade point Yu myt score 66% even 70% and loose an admission of 50% cut off mark
Le me explain better for example the school is looking to admit 80 student for A particular course and A Total of 500 students applied for the admission after the entrance exam 240students scored above 50%, do you know the school wont admit the whole 240students (NB they all scored Over 50% pass mark) the school wud now have to for Top 80 students out of the 240students that passed initially that is when they use grade point

1 Like

Re: Does One Has Right To Sue A School If They Deny You Of An Admission You Deserve by babyfaceafrica: 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
Ayo199:
well,I guess u don't know ur rights...d school says score dis and u convincingly score above that..then wud u b denied..well,I heard of smnone DAT did DAT n he won I.e the school made amendment..
who right don epp?...dis is naija!!!

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Stake?what Is At Stake On The Issue Of Post Jamb Scraped Decision!! / Share That Tough Maths Questions And Get The Solution. / What Is The Different Between "In Correct" And "Wrong"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.