Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,791 members, 7,959,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

IPOB Leadership:nnamdi Kanu Lied, Says IPOB Solicitor, Emeka Emekesri, Esq. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / IPOB Leadership:nnamdi Kanu Lied, Says IPOB Solicitor, Emeka Emekesri, Esq. (618 Views)

Open Letter To HE Obasanjo. By Tai Emeka Obasi. / Nigerian Govt Lied, 5 Million Euros, Boko Haram Fighters, Swapped For Dapchi ... / Donald Trump Chatting With Victor Umeh At Emeka Offor Dad's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Leadership:nnamdi Kanu Lied, Says IPOB Solicitor, Emeka Emekesri, Esq. by MadamDeMadam: 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Following the Press Interview granted to the Sunday SUN Newspaper on 17th April 2016 by Dr Dozie Ikedife, the Deputy Leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), it has become expedient for me to make this statement in my personal capacity as the Solicitor for Indigenous People of Biafra having the conduct of the case between Biafra and Nigeria in the Suit No FHC/OW/CS/192/2013 pending in the Federal High Court Owerri, Nigeria. The case started in 2012 as Suit No FHC/OW/CS/102/2012. I have decided to make this Dr-Dozie-Ikedife public statement to clarify various issues and questions emanating from the conducts of some pro-Biafran activists who have brought confusions into the Biafran independence movement.
Let me quote some portions of the Newspaper publication. In the Press Interview, the SUN Newspaper wrote as follows:

“The average person in Nigeria knows that Nnamdi Kanu is the Director of Radio Biafra based in London, Britain. But what most people do not know is that he is not the leader and founder of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Nevertheless, he has through his incarceration by the Department of State Services become the face of IPOB”.
“Now, Nnamdi Kanu has adopted and is using the acronym, IPOB. People say Nnamdi Kanu is the leader of IPOB. The truth is that Kanu is the Director of Radio Biafra. We founded the IPOB, not Kanu. In the IPOB we founded, there is division of labour. Kanu only handled the communication wing of the organization but he went ahead to arrogate himself as the founder of IPOB because of the instrumentality of the Radio Biafra. The Supreme Council of Indigenous People of Biafra expressed displeasure in the language he used in his broadcast and the programme he was presenting. So, calling him the leader of the IPOB is a wrong crown on a wrong head”.
Question:
“Now, what differentiates your organization and the one Kanu purportedly leads?”
Answer:

“The Supreme Council of Indigenous People of Biafra, using Bilie Human Rights Initiative as a corporate body follows legal, peaceful and diplomatic process to go about the issue of self-determination to the extent that this Bilie Human Rights Initiative held a meeting on April 14 with the United Nations Security Council Committee. The purpose of the meeting was to find means of countering the funding of terrorist groups- people who are declaring war, harassing other peace-loving citizens. There lies the great difference. The real IPOB is a peaceful, legal, diplomatic, law-abiding group. We have also been given Consultative Status of the ECOSOC of the United Nations. The interest of the Supreme Council of Indigenous People of Biafra is well represented at these international bodies because we are pursuing our self-determination through legal, diplomatic, law-abiding and peaceful process, through respect for all laws of the land. We are not talking about disobeying any law, we are not talking about war, we are not preaching ethnic hatred. We do not support insulting elders or constituted authority. We are not threatening physical assault on any individual or group. These cannot be the solution”.
Question: “Could Kanu’s hijack of your IPOB be the reason your organization did not talk about his release?”

Answer: “We are talking about his release but we are not saying if he has committed any offence, the law will not take its course. In any case, we the elders are saying let Kanu be released to us. We can caution him thereafter. We want him released to us and as elders we will sit him down and direct him properly. We cannot achieve self-determination through calling for war and violence of any kind or any method that can lead to spilling of blood. That should be avoided entirely”.
2. For a long time I decided not to make any comments regarding Nnamdi Kanu but since Dr Dozie Ikedife, the Deputy Leader of Nnamdi-Kanu’s-lawyersIndigenous People of Biafra, has granted this Press Interview to the SUN Newspaper and given answers to the question as to the differences between the IPOB governed by the Supreme Council of Elders and the group which Nnamdi Kanu purportedly leads, I now take the liberty as the Solicitor for Indigenous People of Biafra to make fair comments on the publication. I am aware of many pro-Biafra activists including Nnamdi Kanu who are now standing trials for alleged violations of the Nigerian law. I am not competent to speak about those people and the allegations against them because to do so might be prejudicial to the cases and would violate the rule of sub judice. I will never make any comments on the criminal matters at all. I would rather speak on the civil issues and internal problems and confusions that have bedevilled the Biafran independence movement and the way forward.

3. Consequent upon the interview granted by Dr Dozie Ikedife to the SUN Newspaper, many followers of Nnamdi Kanu have attacked the old man on Facebook

and on all social media platforms, abusing him with unimaginable insults and calling him unprintable names just because he said the truth that Nnamdi Kanu is not the leader and founder of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Many people are of the opinion that whatever offence that Nnamdi Kanu has committed against the Elders of Biafraland should be ignored and forgiven because he has worked very hard to advance the course of Biafra but I have a different opinion on this argument. Forgiveness has a fundamental spiritual principle. The argument is like saying that God should forgive a man who has worked very hard to build up the Church of God despite all the atrocities he has committed. The simple spiritual law is that without repentance there can be no forgiveness otherwise the sons of men will commit evils with unbridled impunity and hope to cover their evils with good works.

4. Dr Dozie Ikedife is not the only person who has been insulted and abused by the followers of Nnamdi Kanu. They have also abused and insulted me so much that it appears they have no more words of insults left in their mouths for me. These people are the type of Biafrans produced by Nnamdi Kanu in the Biafran independence movement. They are the fruits of his labour. What can we learn from this? The answer is simple: A good tree produces good fruits and a bad tree produces bad fruits according to the Scriptures. These people learnt the language of insults and abuses from their master. If Biafra should be given to them to govern, any person who has a contrary opinion would be stoned to death. Let me prove my statement by quoting the Facebook message on Radio Biafra Facebook Page captioned “DEALING WITH APC SUPPORTING SABOTEURS IN THE BIAFRAN STRUGGLE: Every calamity that has ever befallen the Biafran people in the expired Lugard contraption Flora Shaw named Nigger-area (Nigeria) were perpetrated by those Igbos born outside Biafraland of dubious and questionable parentage. The list is endless right from Dr. Azikiwe to the fool called Ukpabi Asika who I am certain is in hell. Henceforth and in keeping with our oath, all saboteurs will be caught and executed. There will be no mercy, no pardon, no forgiveness. All traitors must die and so too their families. This nonsensical disease of Igbo saboteurs springing up all over the place in the name of having a different opinion on Biafra liberation will no longer be tolerated especially those who claim they are Biafrans but are supporting APC or APC candidates”.

Signed:
Emeka Emekesri, Esq.
Solicitor for Indigenous People of Biafra
visit and read the entire post

http://www.nigerianfm.com/ipob-ltd-londons-not-the-same-as-ipob-led-by-eze-ozobu-ofr-chairman-says-dr-ikedife/

Re: IPOB Leadership:nnamdi Kanu Lied, Says IPOB Solicitor, Emeka Emekesri, Esq. by decatalyst(m): 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lies! Lies!! Lies!!!

Everything has always been lies, right from the inception(Ojukwu).
Re: IPOB Leadership:nnamdi Kanu Lied, Says IPOB Solicitor, Emeka Emekesri, Esq. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Imagine igbos looking for independent

They don't even trust their selves. Envy is coming.

That Igbo problem they don't like another person to succeed.

Now. All this nairaland ipods. Don't even know their real leader grin
Re: IPOB Leadership:nnamdi Kanu Lied, Says IPOB Solicitor, Emeka Emekesri, Esq. by AAinEqGuinea: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
The man has hardly committed an offence, fallen victim to a kangaroo court.

(1) (Reply)

20 Lessons Life Has Taught Me / Onitsha-the Most Polluted City In The World- WHO / FLASHBACK: The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.