Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency (24757 Views)

Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / 15 Politicians Who May Run For President In 2019 / Fayose Storms Aso Rock In Buhari's Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by maupe: 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
The Special Adviser to President Muhammadu
Buhari on Political Matters, Senator Babafemi
Ojudu has revealed that under previous administrations, a chief or politician who pays a
visit to the Aso Rock Presidential Villa is handed $
100,000 or $50,000 when leaving.

Speaking in an interview with Leadership
newspapers, the presidency official, however,
pointed out that his principal has put a stop to
the practice as such cash gifts are now diverted
into productive services and the provision of
infrastructure.

In the words of Ojudu, “In the past, somebody
would come to Aso Rock, a chief or a politician.
And they package $100,000, $50,000 for him.
The man gets back to his hotel room, dashes his
driver $500, dashes his PA $1,000, his girl friend
$200. This has stopped. Such money must go
into productive services, medical services,
infrastructure etc.

“Let’s do something that is enduring for our
people. All these stop gap measures, going as
subsidies, we’re going to stop them. Let’s make
our refineries work. Don’t let us make millionaires
of a few and poor people of millions.

“These are the kinds of problems we’re having
now. In the process of change, all these things
are bound to happen. This is one year, but again,
this new government never envisaged things will
be this difficult.

“When we were campaigning, oil was still $112
per barrel. Nobody could have thought it would
just crash and become $33 per barrel. We’re now
on $40 per barrel. Nobody envisaged that our
foreign reserve could go as low as $28 billion. We
were importing food. We were importing
medication, we were paying school fees of millions
of Nigerians abroad. What the government is
doing now is: let’s take subsidy away from these
individuals that are getting it. Let’s take money
off bringing in food, let’s grow what we’re going
to feed on. This is going to take some time; it’s
not something that is going be done overnight.
Nigerians will have to be patient. I can
understand. People call me every day that, they
can’t pay school fees, they can’t pay house rent.
But again, if we want Nigeria to grow, if we want
sustainable development, we cannot but
breakaway from the past. It is this breaking away
from the past, that is causing the pain we’re
going through as a nation.

“What people are saying is just like saying ‘bring
back corruption’. They don’t know what
corruption has done to this country. You vote
about a billion naira for a hospital, and N800
million is taken away by corruption, and you have
only N200 million left. So, there won’t be
medication, there won’t be ambulances etc you
can imagine how many people die due to such
act. They stash such money outside the country.
They buy houses in America, buy private jets etc.
“Do you know the havoc that corruption has done
to this country over the years? That is why we
now have half-baked graduates. Do you know
what corruption has done to our infrastructure
over the years? Look at the Abuja-Lokoja Road.
What you have now is not the original design.
Look at how much has been voted for that road,
and several other roads across the country. How
long are we going to continue with that kind of
situation? We have a president that is
sympathetic, who is not going to build a new
house, who is not going to buy a house in
London, or Dubai; but who has dedicated his life
towards solving our problems. The damage of so
many years is not going to be corrected in just 10
or 11 months

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/24/politicians-who-visited-aso-rock-in-the-past-were-given-100-000-presidency/

18 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by MUVA(m): 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Jesu!!!!!!!!!!

Which way Nigeria??

HurricaneMIMZY:
Yes! She's pretty.

Yes! She's brainy.
Yes! She's got class.
Yes! She's cultured.
Yes! She deserves your votes.

VOTE MIMZY as MISS NAIRALAND 2016. www.nairaland.com/mimzy BEAUTY. BRAINS. CLASS. MANNERS.

25 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by greatiyk4u(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
History will remember a certain man in Nigeria who;

~Was made a deputy Governor, and his Governor was impeached

~Made the Governor of his state and impoverished the lives of his people by denying them dividend of democracy

~made the Vice president, and his president died in office

~Made the president of the country, and the economy died after 5years in office because of his ineffectual buffoonery

He is back to Bayelsa and recently, we heard the economy of the state crashed

Who is this man please

173 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by rexel99: 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
The elections are over, you guys should get to work. All this noise and propaganda is useless

187 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by Nelkoko: 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
And u xpect us to believe dat rubbish.... Him know How many pple dey visit a day? Pple go just open dia mouth talk rubbish make dem say dem dey work.

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by dokiOloye(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
Let us see hw far propaganda can take this govt.
Ndi ara.

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
I thought election campaign is over

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
MUVA:
Jesu!!!!!!!!!!

Which way Nigeria??

Btw, I think everybody is getting it all wrong. I know for a fact that Saraki's problems started the day he called Osinbajo a "mere commissioner" cool cool

To put the records straight, Saraki NEVER called Osinbajo a " mere commissioner" cool

11 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by surestakes: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
So what have you guys been doing with that money that you have been saving?

We still don't have light
undecided

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by nigeriafilm(m): 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
What you are saying is true, but with events like CBN secret recruitment, coverups in military/shi'ite clash, denials, witch hunting to mention a few, how are we sure the government is not making the usual beautiful speech?
Lies, denials deceptions and coverups were the characteristics of those that deceived us in the past, now you are exhibiting the same thing and you are blaming us for not trusting you and have patience with you. How can we?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by TheFreeOne: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
Is he campaigning or wailing

An incompetent labourer always blame his tools.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by OkutaNla: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
This isn't news, atleast to me. No be only politicians, even Nollywood people sef dey collect "Thanks for coming" money during their Aso Rock visits then, IN DOLLARS.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
surestakes:
So what have you guys been doing with that money that you have been saving?

We still don't have light
undecided

Abeg, no make me laff like mad man under this sun cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by maupe: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
OkutaNla:
This isn't news, atleast to me. No be only politicians, even Nollywood people sef dey collect "Thanks for coming" money during their Aso Rock visits then, IN DOLLARS.
The SA said that "POLITICIANS WHO VISITED ASO ROCK WERE PAID $100,000". He didn't say nollywood actors
Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by tit(f): 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
will this allegation provide fuel at filling station?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by popez: 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
Unfortunately no sane person will believe this rubbish. Does it also mean that when buhari and other Apc 'saints' visited Aso Rock in the past,during the previous administrations that they were also given $100,000? undecided

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by viktagorion: 4:59pm On Apr 24, 2016
The present pains are birth pains, we will endure it and smile at the end.

Things will surely get better.

I believe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by maupe: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
popez:
Unfortunately no sane person will believe this rubbish. Does it also mean that when buhari and other Apc 'saints' visited Aso Rock in the past,during the previous administrations that they were also given $100,000? undecided
The mirror looks both ways. The SA should be careful with his utterances

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by OkutaNla: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
maupe:

The SA said that "POLITICIANS WHO VISITED ASO ROCK WERE PAID $100,000". He didn't say nollywood actors

Did you read my submission at all?? Coz I really don't get where your hostility is coming from. I said in addition to Politicians, others like Nollywood folks also got their share -- FACT. I merely added my opinion. Get a grip or are you on your period or something??

11 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by megaik: 5:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
Let him keep wumbling out nonsense thinking 2019 is eternity....No worry soon, and very soon! we go give you score card of your stu*idity

10 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
yes now

we remember how beaf was telling us that it is 'customary' for the presidency to give visitors transport money

google orubebe 50000 bakare transport

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by deji68: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin this people no dey shame?.... abeg campaign is over cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by sdindan: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
If this news is true and ur father is among the politicians that visited Jonathan in aso rock and are among them that voted him out, please disown ur father. How can I be collecting $100k per visit without supporting the president to be a life president. APC diaris God ooh!

7 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by MONITZ: 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
una nor dey taya for propaganda, continue till your four years elapses, at every turn must u continue to vilify Jonathan's administration.
His tenure has since ended and Nigerians knew some of these ills and that was why your party was voted into office .
From these rantings and buck passing it is becoming increasingly clear that you guys were not ready for governance because it's meant for serious minded individuals.
You were just obsessed with kicking Uncle Jona out.

23 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by NextGovernor(m): 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nelkoko:
And u xpect us to believe dat rubbish.... Him know How many pple dey visit a day? Pple go just open dia mouth talk rubbish make dem say dem dey work.
rexel99:
The elections are over, you guys should get to work. All this noise and propaganda is useless

Thank you my broda. But next time where you stated " u expect us to believe that rubbish" you replace with "you expect sensible ones to believe that rubbish" because even if they say Jonathan was giving out $1million per citizen during his administration the zombies and Buhari blind followers will still believe and adhere to it.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by HiddenShadow: 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2016
When a student don't know what to write in an exam, he uses his lecturer as escape route.

APC deliver your promises and stop campaigning.

Elections are over.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Who was giving out the money? Who took the money? Was Jonathan aware of this? Buhari should take it a step further and set a precedent by sending all of them to jail.
Some Nigerians are too comfortable reaping where they did not sow, that is the root of all the other problems.

7 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by alexlee50: 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
And yet PMB doesn't use nigerian hospitals, his children don't even attend nigerian schools

10 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by youngeagle(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
Lolz this people are very funny,thought I heard that GEJ brothers and wife collects money from politicians and contractors just to see the president from this same people,why the twist?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by OlujobaSamuel: 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
true. we all still remember the bakare orubebe transport fare and the defence by presidency that there is nothing wrong with it. but with the cbn gate abi na window, I don't trust you either on other aspects of corruption although I know bubu will not give cash but there are still corrupt acts in the system.

3 Likes

Re: Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency by Babalegba(m): 5:54pm On Apr 24, 2016
So Jonathan was spending dollars in Aso rock while Nigerians had to do with the naira.No wonder our dollar reserves suffered. Very foolish man who is not principled enough to lead a compound not to talk of a country

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu Applied For Islamic Bank Loan, Got Senate Approval / Why FG Is Delaying In Hiking Fuel Price – Reno Omokri / Okorocha To Uzodinma: "I Will Tell You How I Handled IPOB If You Consult Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.