Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread (3351 Views)

Air Force, Army, Navy and Police Short Service Forms / Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment Course 24 Is Ongoing- Nigerian Infopedia / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Crieff(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
This thread here is to refresh potential DSSC applicants on the aptitude exams they will seat for during the recruitment exercise.

Each post will focus on a theme as listed below
1. Current Affairs
2. Air force
3. Army
4. Navy

So that the reading materials will be placed in a single and fixed location, the mods are alloyed to update the details in each of this single-post per theme.

Where I am available, I'll do the update myself.
To avoid repeated edition of the same point over and over again, posters should provide references for the points being sought to be included on the refreshment posts.

Enjoy!

P.S.: Please I do not have any past questions. That is why it is important this thread is not derailed or used to solicit past questions or other questions that are outside its purpose. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Crieff(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
Current Affairs

NIGERIA INSIGNIA
1. The coat of arm of Nigeria has a black shield with two white stripes that come together, like the letter ‘Y’.
2. This ‘Y’ SYMBOL represent the two main rivers flowing through Nigeria: which are the two popular rivers known as: River Niger and River Benue.
3. The black shield represent Nigeria’s good earth.
4. While the two horses on each sides of the coat of arm represent dignity.
5. The eagle represent Strenght, while the green and white bands on the top of the shied represent the rich Agricultural land of the country.
6. While the yellow flower at the base of the Coat of arm are Costus spectabilis, which is Nigeria’s national flower.
7. The flag of Nigeria was designed in 1959 and first officially hosted on 1st October 1960.(which is Nigeria National Independent Day)
8. The green bands represent the forests and abundant natural wealth of Nigeria while the White band stands for peace.
9. However, what you should know is that, the designer of the flag was a student from IBADAN, Micheal Taiwo Akinkunmi.

THE HISTORY AND PAST LEADERS IN NIGERIA.
1. Nigeria is a country which has the highest population in Africa continent. Which is proved by the 21st to 25th March, 2006 population census.
2. Nigeria’s population was estimated to be about 140,000,000 people.(One hundred and forty Million)
3. Nigeria, which is officially known as The Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is bordered by:
I. Benin Republic on the west
II. Cameroon on the east
III. Gulf of Guinea on the south
IV. Niger to the north.
4. Currently, Nigeria is made up of 36 STATES and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
I. With 109 senatorial districts
II. 360 federal constituencies
III. 990 state constituencies
IV. 774 local governments
V. 8810 wards.

These are the names of Nigeria former colonial masters:

Sir Frederick Lord Lugard, 1900 to 1919.
Sir Hugh Clifford, 1919 to 1925.
Sir Creamer Thompson, 1925 to 1931.
Sir Donald Cameroon, 1931 to 1935.
Sir Bernard Bourdilion, 1935 to 1943.
Sir Anthony Richard, 1943to 1948.
Sir John McPherson, 1948 to 1958.
Sir James Robertson, 1958 to 1960.

The Nigeria first indigenous Governor General and also the first Ceremonial President is: Dr Nnamdi Azikwe.
The first Prime Minister in Nigeria is: Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa.
The first military Head of State in Nigeria is: General Aguiyi Ironsi.
The first executive president of Nigeria is: Alhaji Shehu Shagari.
The first military president in Nigeria is: General Ibrahim Babangida.

CURRENT AFFAIRS
President of Nigeria: President Muhammad Buhari
Vice president: Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN
Senate President: Olubukola Saraki
Deputy President of the Senate: Ike Ekweremadu
Speaker House of Rep.: Yakubu Dogara
Deputy President of the HR: Yusuf Sulaimon Lasun
Chief Justice of Nigeria: Justice Mahmud Mohammed GCON
Chief of Defence Staff: General Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin
Chief of Army Staff/General officer Commanding COAS/GOC: Maj Gen Tukur Yusuf Buratai
Chief of Air Staff: Air-Vice Marshall Sadique Abubakar
Chief of Naval Staff: Rear Admiral Ibot-Ete Ekwe Ibas
Chief of Defence Intelligence: Air-Vice Marshal Monday Riku Morgan
National Security Adviser: Maj. Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd)

IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS
1999 Constitution

OTHERS
IDP: Internally Displaced Persons

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Crieff(m): 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nigerian Air Force

Command Structure
1. Chief of Air Staff
2. Staff Branches (7)
* Policy and plans branch
* Trainings & Operations branch
* Aircraft Engineering branch
* Logistics & Communications branch
* Administration branch
* Standard & Evaluation branch
* Air Secretary branch

Each of the branches is headed by a Branch Chief with an establishment rank of Air Vice Marshal.

3. Direct Reporting Units 8

● Nigerian Air Force Holding Company (NAFHC)
● Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
● National Air Defence Corp (NADC)
● Presidential Air Fleet (101 PAF)
● Aeromedical Centre (102 AMC)
● Pay and Accounting (103 PAG)
● Pesonnel Management Group (104 PMG)
● NAF Camp Abuja (106 NAF Camp Abuja)

4. Operational Commands (4)

* NAF Tactical Air Command
* NAF Mobility Command
* NAF Training Command
* NAF Logistics Command

Rank Structure: Officers [Descending Order]

◾Marshal of the Air Force
◾Air Chief Marshal
◾Air Marshal
◾Air Vice Marshal
◾Air Commodore
◾Group Captain
◾Wing Commander
◾Squadron Leader
◾Flight Lieutenant
◾Flying Officer
◾Pilot Officer

Rank Structure: Airmen [Descending Order]

◾Air Warrant Officer
◾Master Warrant Officer
◾Warrant Officer
◾Flight Sergeant
◾Sergeant
◾Corporal
◾Lance

Aircraft Inventory
Helicopters:

* AW100
* AW139
* Mil Mi 17
* Mil Mi 24
* Eurocopter AS332

Attack: Chengdu F-7 (10); Alpha Jet (22)
Training:
Transport:

* Boeing 737 - 1
* Dornier 28 - 11
* Dornier Do 228 - 5
* Aeritalia - 2
* C-130 Hercules - 3
* Super King Air - 3

N.B.: These are gotten from Wikipedia. You can share a veritable or credible reference if you've got a

MISSION
To ensure the integrity of the airspace by gaining and maintaining control of the air while retaining a credible capacity to fulfill other airpower tasks demanded by national defence and security imperatives.

CAS VISION
“To reposition the NAF into a highly professional and disciplined force through capacity building initiatives for effective, efficient and timely employment of air power in response to Nigeria's national security imperatives".

Air Marshal SB Abubakar DSS psc(+) fwc ndc(+) MSc

KEY DRIVERS OF CAS VISION
•Human capacity development through robust and result oriented training for enhanced professional performance.
•Robust logistics support and maintenance culture to sustain platforms and equipment serviceability.
•Reinforce a culture of self-reliance and prudent management of resources.
•Strategic partnerships with MDAs for enhanced research and development.
•Promote and inculcate the core values of integrity, excellence and service delivery.
•Focus on comradeship, regimentation and inter-service cooperation.

2 Likes

Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Crieff(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nigerian Army
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Crieff(m): 7:18pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nigerian Navy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Crieff(m): 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
Others
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Mattin(m): 7:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
Pls, is army DSSC/SSC form out? I need to register. What's the site?
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
Crieff:
This thread here is to refresh potential DSSC applicants on the aptitude exams they will seat for during the recruitment exercise.

Each post will focus on a theme as listed below
1. Current Affairs
2. Air force
3. Army
4. Navy

So that the reading materials will be placed in a single and fixed location, the mods are alloyed to update the details in each of this single-post per theme.

Where I am available, I'll do the update myself.
To avoid repeated edition of the same point over and over again, posters should provide references for the points being sought to be included on the refreshment posts.

Enjoy!

good eve sir,pls sir,,,I need Nigerian navy and airforce DSSC past questions.... pls help..ajokucharles1992@gmail.com
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Enasdan(m): 6:50am On Apr 26, 2016
Pls whn wil navy DSS start for Nigeria navy
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by UzorSteve(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
Randy91:

Kindly assist with air force dssc past questions to
uzoremezuru@gmail.com

good eve sir,pls sir,,,I need Nigerian navy and airforce DSSC past questions.... pls help..ajokucharles1992@gmail.com
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
Crieff:
Nigerian Air Force

Command Structure
1. Chief of Air Staff
2. Staff Branches (7)
3. Direct Reporting Units 8
4. Operational Commands (4)

Rank Structure: Officers [Descending Order]

◾Marshal of the Air Force
◾Air Chief Marshal
◾Air Marshal
◾Air Vice Marshal
◾Air Commodore
◾Group Captain
◾Wing Commander
◾Squadron Leader
◾Flight Lieutenant
◾Flying Officer
◾Pilot Officer

Rank Structure: Airmen [Descending Order]

◾Air Warrant Officer
◾Master Warrant Officer
◾Warrant Officer
◾Flight Sergeant
◾Sergeant
◾Corporal
◾Lance Corporal
◾Aircraftman/woman

Please kindly send me DSSC air force past questions via jydego@yahoo.com
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
Great job bro
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Gudiza(m): 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
Enasdan:
Pls whn wil navy DSS start for Nigeria navy
from next year
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by checksee: 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
pls i'm in need of d nigerian air force past questions, ma email adress is babalola.oyeyinka.saheed@gmail.com , thanks.
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by nasiest(m): 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
Please I need airforce DSSC past questions.my e-mail is sullybilly2002@yahoo.com
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by Makana14(f): 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hi. Pls I also need the past questions too
makanankana@yahoo.com
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by emmabestconcepts: 7:42pm On May 02, 2016
Good evening beloved. If you have the past questions on NAF DSSC past questions, kindly send it to me on...emmabestconcepts@gmail.com. Bless you
Re: Airforce, Army & Navy Dssc Exams Refreshment Thread by ify2016: 10:57pm On May 02, 2016
following

(1) (Reply)

Stag Engineering Nigeria Ltd / Hitv Recruiting! / Immigration Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.