Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo (8363 Views)

Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos / Fire Destroys Vivid Imagination Fashion House In Lagos (Photos) / Fire Destroys A Building At Lawanson, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by olokfor: 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
No fewer than six houses were razed in an inferno that gutted a Mobil petrol station on Saturday evening in Igbokoda, headquarters of Ilaje Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The fire which began at 7.30p.m. was as a result of a spark which emanated from a house beside the Mobil filling station.

NAN also learnt that no life was lost in the inferno, but the absence of a fire service station in the town worsened the situation.

A witness, Prince Ayoola Odidiomo, told NAN that no life was lost in the fire outbreak, but that six houses were razed by the inferno.

“It was through the efforts of residents that the fire was put off to stop further wreckage.

“We saw the fire this evening burning the Mobil petrol station before we later discovered that the fire started from a house beside it, which was loaded with diesel.

“It was so sad that there is no fire service station here in Igbokoda, the headquarters of Ondo State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (OSOPADEC).

“We, the residents tried our best to put off the fire to stop further damage,” Odidiomo said.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/04/fire-destroys-filling-station-and.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by UnibenPilot: 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
Too bad
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by hotspec(m): 7:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
let me comment now. i will come back to read the story
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by DickDastardly(m): 6:50am On Apr 25, 2016
...... and bad news continues under this unforgiving vindictive grand pa angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by mayorjosh(m): 6:51am On Apr 25, 2016
buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 25, 2016
At least, no life was lost.
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by grandstar(m): 6:54am On Apr 25, 2016
Shame
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by TheEvilPriest(m): 6:56am On Apr 25, 2016
Chai!

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by NAmurtala(m): 6:59am On Apr 25, 2016
fire everywhere you go

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by tizzle(m): 7:08am On Apr 25, 2016
Fueling stations shouldn't be built around residential areas...

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by kurlz(f): 7:10am On Apr 25, 2016
hnnnnn in a whole LG head quarters no fire services? that's way too bad. What has the leaders in the state been doing all this while? Naija wake u.
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Adesege(m): 7:10am On Apr 25, 2016
My SOF
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Adesege(m): 7:12am On Apr 25, 2016
tizzle:
Fueling stations shouldn't be built around residential areas...

Can you provide alternatives pls? If not around residential areas, but where? Commercial areas?

I think safety measures should be put in place instead. E.g There is no fire service in the area.

Also, there should be some distance apart between a fuel station and residential buildings.
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Babyphinas(f): 7:13am On Apr 25, 2016
Bad news
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Olukokosir(m): 7:16am On Apr 25, 2016
Pinchure of d fire inferno or I don't blv it...news wfout pinchure dz days cha
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 25, 2016
Buhari and bad news. ....

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Adesege(m): 7:17am On Apr 25, 2016
Babyphinas:
Bad news

Incredibly bad grin
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by NiRfreak(m): 7:17am On Apr 25, 2016
Ayemafuge!.......lets thank God for no life lost.
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Adesege(m): 7:17am On Apr 25, 2016
crixtex:
Buhari and bad news. ....

What has Buhari got to do with this
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by kushma(m): 7:22am On Apr 25, 2016
God save us everyday nah fire oo. But carelessness is the main cause of all these casualties.
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 25, 2016
Adesege:

What has Buhari got to do with this

I don't know... All I know is Buhari and bad news... cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by raziboi(m): 7:24am On Apr 25, 2016
pishure?
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Adesege(m): 7:25am On Apr 25, 2016
crixtex:

I don't know... All I know is Buhari and bad news... cool
shocked
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by idyjoe2u(m): 7:30am On Apr 25, 2016
I can't imagine a city like Ondo without a fire service, may God help Nigeria.
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:34am On Apr 25, 2016
Pissures or idonbilivit.

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Onyenna(m): 7:39am On Apr 25, 2016
Nah wah oooh
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Onyenna(m): 7:40am On Apr 25, 2016
Adesege:

Can you provide alternatives pls? If not around residential areas, but where? Commercial areas?

I think safety measures should be put in place instead. E.g There is no fire service in the area.

Also, there should be some distance apart between a fuel station and residential buildings.

Brilliant. .....
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by afrotrendzy: 7:49am On Apr 25, 2016
Adesege:

Why should filling stations be built around residential areas?
I do agree with tizzle,filling stations are not supposed to be built around commercial or residential areas...they should be built in secluded locations ...in the western/european world,its quite rare u see filling stations built close or meters away from residential and commercial areas.

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by olafum1(m): 7:55am On Apr 25, 2016
I pity those whose house is gone, because no govt is coming to help them curtail the loss

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by Adesege(m): 7:59am On Apr 25, 2016
afrotrendzy:

Why should filling stations be built around residential areas?
I do agree with tizzle,filling stations are not supposed to be built around commercial or residential areas...they should be built in secluded locations ...in the western/european world,its quite rare u see filling stations built close or meters away from residential and commercial areas.

Those countries you cited has no reason to use fuel to run their generating set.

Imagine you want to buy some litres of fuel asap but the thoughts of trekking / walking to get same will be frustrating esp if there is no car to transport you.

Distance apart is still feasible.
Re: Fire Destroys Filling Station And Houses In Ondo by dejavski(m): 8:18am On Apr 25, 2016
Thank God I didn't hear news of casualties. May God continue to guide us all.

Ayemafuge oma ilaje de de

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cutting Costs & Cutting Corners? Let's Strike A Balance!! / Invest In Tigerkenn Homes Ltd Property Development Partnership / Wonderful fully equipped 4 bedrooms semi detached duplex for sale at ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.