Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

Email Not Attaching Documents - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Email Not Attaching Documents (2813 Views)

. / How Do I Convert Documents To Pdf? / Attaching And Reattaching Event Handlers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Email Not Attaching Documents by Elgaxton(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
Hello everyone,

I dont know what's been happening for like 4 days now

I have been trying to attach documents/pictures to email but it aint going.

Just wanna know if anyone has been experiencing same
Re: Email Not Attaching Documents by Cactus(m): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
you need to give more information about your problem

1. Which email service are you using?
2. Which browser are you using and version of the browser?
3. Which operating system are you using? (could be useful)
4. What is the size of the file you are attaching?
5. Which type of connection are you using?

The more information you give, the more chance you have with people assisting you
Re: Email Not Attaching Documents by Elgaxton(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
Hi cactus,

thanks for replying.

1. I am using both Yahoo and Gmail and non of them is working

2. Tried Google chrome, mozilla firefox

3. Windows XP

4. 79kb my brother, that's why I'm so bothered

5. Starcomms both wireless and the Office Lan connection

I have been the connection since o and I have been attaching files size up to 5mb or more sef but since this week ehn, Babuu o
Re: Email Not Attaching Documents by yawatide(f): 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
When everything else fails, it doesn't hurt to take the extra 5 or so minutes to do the following, assuming you haven't done so already, in the order given below:

1) Sign out of your email programs
2) Clear cache, cookies, history, etc (** All ** Browsers)
3) Close your browser(s)
4) Turn off your computer (not restart but turn it off)
5) Wait for a minute or 2, then turn the computer back on
6) Log back in to your email program

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Re: Email Not Attaching Documents by Cactus(m): 2:46pm On Aug 07, 2009
Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd. Never heard something like this before so am puzzled.

Option 1
1.make sure the file you are attaching is not opened/in use by another application. It may sound silly but hey, nothing wrong in trying. Or make copies into a different folder in a different location than where they are currently located
2. Try to attach the documents using gmail in IE. Dont use wireless, use the LAN.
3. If that works, then try FF and Chrome.

Option 2
1. if the picture you are trying to upload can be viewed publicly or find a picture that can be viewed publicly. Go to www.imgur.com and try to upload the picture there. If it works, then this is not a connection problem.

Option 3
Alternatively, find a usb memory stick and copy the files into the stick then go and use it on a different computer. or computers
This must definitely work if clearing the cache according to yawa doesnt work. if it works, then it is a computer problem. not connection, gmail or yahoo

Also check the file(s) permissions. Read, write etc. who knows

Option 4
1. Make sure you are using the newest version of Firefox and Chrome. If you are already using the newest firefox, try downgrading to version 2.5. If you feel like and try attaching.

Do option 1, 2, and 3. You really dont need option 4. Drop a feedback on the results of option 1 and 2 and 3.

I am really clueless. BEEN STOMPED

If none of our suggestions work, microwave your computer. Or do office space
Re: Email Not Attaching Documents by yawatide(f): 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2009
Option 1
1.make sure the file you are attaching is not opened/in use by another application. It may sound silly but hey, nothing wrong in trying

I fell victim to this as recently as yesterday actually so yes, it does happen. At least for me, I couldn't attach my doc in an email I was sending out and I spent quite a while trying to figure what was going on wrong. In the end, I closed out everything and the attachment went.
Re: Email Not Attaching Documents by Elgaxton(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2009
attaching right now! hope it goes thru this time, Ah Thank God it went!

Alright I just did it in a cyubercafe!

Thanks for the help everyone cheesy
Re: Email Not Attaching Documents by Cactus(m): 6:37am On Aug 09, 2009
It is still weird though. Being thinking about it till now.

Guess I may never know the reason why. It is difficult to duplicate the circumstances involved.

Aah ah ah ah ah I made 666 posts so cool.
Re: Email Not Attaching Documents by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2009
. . .Maybe seun should start paying us for posting so much. . .

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best PPC (pay Per Click) Publisher Networks For 2014 / Powerful Webmaster Needed For Interswitch Intergrated Website / List Of Bloggerslab Members On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.