Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States (8881 Views)

Cattle Colonies In Nigerian States Begin Next Week – FG / Stop Giving Bailouts To Govs, Labour Tells Pmb / FG Appoints Audit Firms To Monitor Finances Of 35 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by mandax: 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
Presbulg:
Have you blamed PMB today
If NO, here's your chance.

Blame PMB? Yes. Because during his political campaigns, he once promised to return fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

APC manifesto also contains return to True and Fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

So what are APC and Buhari waiting for before they embark on returning True and Fiscal federalism to Nigeria so that every state or region shall start to use what is on its environment to develop its people and land and contribute tributes to a lean federal government?
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by texazzpete(m): 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
SenJoe:
Zombies over to you

Have you blamed GEJ today?

Zombies will still say Bubu is working

Don't be amazed, that's Why they are called Zombies.

Ironically, this post makes you look like a zombie.

To think your footnote exhorts people to maximize their 'today'...yet here you are, dumbing down your intellect and displaying zero common sense all in the name of politics

3 Likes

Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by Odogwuskido(m): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
RedCapChief:
Anambra has truly become a great state. Just a little over 10 years ago, Mbadinuju essentially ran the state like Aregbesola. No salaries for civil servants. No investments in the state. Nothing except big gbese. Mr. Peter Obi really brought a massive change with his financial prudence and sound investments which Obiano has been wise enough to consolidate. Anambra is a state for the future.
Even though Ikpeazu seems to be working in Abia, I feel Alex Otti would have done better.

1.Nigeria needs more technocrats in governance.
2. FG should hand more power to the geopolitical regions.
RedCapChief:
Anambra has truly become a great state. Just a little over 10 years ago, Mbadinuju essentially ran the state like Aregbesola. No salaries for civil servants. No investments in the state. Nothing except big gbese. Mr. Peter Obi really brought a massive change with his financial prudence and sound investments which Obiano has been wise enough to consolidate. Anambra is a state for the future.
Even though Ikpeazu seems to be working in Abia, I feel Alex Otti would have done better.

RedCapChief:

Agree with you totally. 10 yrs after, Anambra is now investor's haven. Kudos to former governor Peter Obi and his successor, Akpokuodike.

4 Likes

Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by Noneroone(m): 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hmm
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by mbhs139(m): 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
SenJoe:
Zombies over to you

Have you blamed GEJ today?

Zombies will still say Bubu is working

Don't be amazed, that's Why they are called Zombies.

Grow up boy. This isn't a thread to throw tantrums. It's time to tell ourselves the real truth, devoid of party affiliations. Keep your contribution clean and creative. Look your State Government in the eye and tell them the stark truth. We ain't gonna keep on depending on Abuja for the rest of our live. Osun, where I come from, ain't doing good, I know, and I'm not gonna hold Abuja responsible for that.

My Contribution

I'd suggest that the FG should not give the States any respite. Let the States not pay salaries for months. By the time hungry catch the civil servants, they will stand up to their governor and ask him what they have been doing with their money. Is the Accountant General of each States not part of the Civil Service force? Is he not aware of the profligacy of the Govt. officials? I tell you, all these Governors can't perpetrate all these nefarious activities without the knowledge of some privilege Civil Servants, can't they stand for what is right in their State? It is until when they are not paid Salaries before we will start hearing their voice.

Take the OSOPADEC case for instance, the Itsekiris stood up to the State Assembly when they discovered that OSOPADEC, as organisation for the development of the Niger-Delta Area, had about N600m as security vote in their budget. So, the Civil Service of each States, through their Union, need to be mindful of what their respective Governors does with their common wealth.

5 Likes

Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by Presbulg(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
mandax:

Blame PMB? Yes. Because during his political campaigns, he once promised to return fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

APC manifesto also contains return to True and Fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

So what are APC and Buhari waiting for before they embark on returning True and Fiscal federalism to Nigeria so that every state or region shall start to use what is on its environment to develop its people and land and contribute tributes to a lean federal government?

Did APC or Buhari say after all this will be done after ONE year in office.
Give this guys time, and if after 4 years nothing's change the people who voted them in know rhat to do.

1 Like

Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by sutst: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
dat former CEO of Zenith bank d realy try for Akwa ibom
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by wink2015(m): 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
[size=15pt] A popular sayings goes like this " He who fail to plan, plan to fail" States in Nigeria had no sincere plan, if they had plans it is riddled with corruption and everything just pack up. Governors come in and go and never leave a legacy of financial prudence, no savings for the incoming administration. It is just eat your own and go. Yes, we are now face with the reality of nothing in the coffers. Many of this politician hold a wrong belief that the oil money will always be there for them to play with but here you are oil price has dropped in the international market and we are now stuck with reality. But it is now too late for Nigeria as we had nothing to export beyond oil.

Many of our governors embark on elephant project that had no bearing on the long term need of their people. It was just eat, eat, eat, no innovation, no technology, no industries, nothing on ground. This big men, their wife and children travel abroad but they never come back with the brilliant idea they see in foreign countries.

With the dwindling of revenue coming from the federal government, our state structure is already collapsing. read what dele sobowale a columunist with the vanguard wrote some months back about financial crisis facing states in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/states-sink-deeper-financial-quagmire/[/size]
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by opeyemi2015: 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
Apc and the clamour for true federalism pre election time. Now that Apc is now in power we are waiting for actions as there are no more rooms for complaints.

We shall soon get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by OBAGADAFFI: 3:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
OGUN is officially the manufacturing hub of Nigeria,
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by greatiyk4u(m): 5:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
Pidggin:
Without adequate power how do we expect manufacturers to function? No foreign investors will risk investing in an insecure environment This is simple logic

How do they survive in Ogun, Lagos, akwa ibom and Anambra?.

3 Likes

Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by SenJoe(m): 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
mbhs139:

Grow up boy. This isn't a thread to throw tantrums. It's time to tell ourselves the real truth, devoid of party affiliations. Keep your contribution clean and creative. Look your State Government in the eye and tell them the stark truth. We ain't gonna keep on depending on Abuja for the rest of our live. Osun, where I come from, ain't doing good, I know, and I'm not gonna hold Abuja responsible for that.

My Contribution

I'd suggest that the FG should not give the States any respite. Let the States not pay salaries for months. By the time hungry catch the civil servants, they will stand up to their governor and ask him what they have been doing with their money. Is the Accountant General of each States not part of the Civil Service force? Is he not aware of the profligacy of the Govt. officials? I tell you, all these Governors can't perpetrate all these nefarious activities without the knowledge of some privilege Civil Servants, can't they stand for what is right in their State? It is until when they are not paid Salaries before we will start hearing their voice.

Take the OSOPADEC case for instance, the Itsekiris stood up to the State Assembly when they discovered that OSOPADEC, as organisation for the development of the Niger-Delta Area, had about N600m as security vote in their budget. So, the Civil Service of each States, through their Union, need to be mindful of what their respective Governors does with their common wealth.

Look at you
I am not here to exchange words with your types. Never in your life quote me again. Be warned.
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by SenJoe(m): 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
texazzpete:

Ironically, this post makes you look like a zombie.

To think your footnote exhorts people to maximize their 'today'...yet here you are, dumbing down your intellect and displaying zero common sense all in the name of politics

The so called common sense Senator, your pay master, can you tell me what he has done?
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by Kainene77: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2016
Pidggin:
Without adequate power how do we expect manufacturers to function? No foreign investors will risk investing in an insecure environment This is simple logic

Very well said!

1 Like

Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by mbhs139(m): 10:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
SenJoe:

Look at you
I am not here to exchange words with your types. Never in your life quote me again. Be warned.

You know what young man, we know your type, you're empty up there, so you gat nothing, Fadden, to offer. Its your trade in stock to throw insults around, and ain't gat time for that, I no be your mate. Good night.
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by adconline(m): 5:50am On Apr 26, 2016
And most importantly all these states got their share of Excess Crude Account, SWF, Foreign Reserve and monthly federal allocation- which was close to over $100bn in the last 4 years. And most of these guys have nothing to show for it.
For every $100 shared with FG, states collected $48 yet FG is bailing then out. Don't blame PDP or APC- they are the same Politrickians.. Oshiomole, Okorocha, Fayose, Aregbesola have been in power before GMB and they're still broke?
Why did folks like Amechi and Uduaghan leave Rivers and Delta in a bad financial situation inspite of huge oil money received?
Don't believe this news on the face value, Ogun is far worse because it over-borrowed under Kemi- the current minister of finance, more than it generates.. It's a negative cash flow state. For every N100 it generates, it spends N130. This is a recipe for disaster!
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by dahmie2013: 7:15am On Apr 26, 2016
If we keep bailing out states, who will bail out d Federal Govt? Maybe China I suppose.
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by SenJoe(m): 8:02am On Apr 26, 2016
mbhs139:

You know what young man, we know your type, you're empty up there, so you gat nothing, Fadden, to offer. Its your trade in stock to throw insults around, and ain't gat time for that, I no be your mate. Good night.

Can you please tell me how i have insulted you, pls just point it out and i will apologies, or rather you throwing insults at the very first quote. I am emphasizing my words, i am not here to exchange insults. Next time say your mind without insulting people. It's very simple. Common Sense. Nice day bro.
Re: Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States by mbhs139(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2016
SenJoe:

Can you please tell me how i have insulted you, pls just point it out and i will apologies, or rather you throwing insults at the very first quote. I am emphasizing my words, i am not here to exchange insults. Next time say your mind without insulting people. It's very simple. Common Sense. Nice day bro.

SenJoe:
Look at you

Those are your exact words. If the bold part is not an insult, I wonder what it is. The last time I used such a word, I got reprimanded from my seniors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Dedicates First Anniversary To Frontline Health Workers / Labour Party Crisis Deepens as Pro-Abure Group Disrupts Stakeholders Meeting / Ohanaeze Elects President From Delta And VP From Rivers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.