Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:06 PM

Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! (7153 Views)

Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre / Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
I heard from a very authentic source that fashola is having serious problems with his godfather-Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu,the 2 term former gov of Lagos.

It has even gotten so bad that Tinubu has told him (Fash) to forget about 2011,and has 'annointed' Muiz Banire as the next governor of Lagos.

If this is true then we are in serious problems in Nigeria. Sad ,sad. cry cry cry cry

Pleasec onfirm if this is true, anyone. . . . ?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by MrCrackles(m): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2009
If this is true, then i am not surprised. . . . .
Nigeria is seriously funny, the influence and authority political godfathers have is something else. . .
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by pcicero(m): 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
It can only mean that Fashola has not been playing balls as regards settlement. Oju yobo is at it again. He's a Machiavellian.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Ibime(m): 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
Source Please!

If true, it would be a shame. Fashola is the only good thing that Tinubu has given to Lagosians. If this goes haywire, then we should all lose hope in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by naijatoday: 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2009
I guess it is the time of the year for such rumors. Did we not hear the same thing the beginning of this year, last year, and 2007, too. Abeg, by the grace of God the people will decide who they want in 2011. And Lagosians might decided they do not want Fashola but, a PDP candidate or any other political party's candidate.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by MrCrackles(m): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2009
naijatoday:

I guess it is the time of the year for such rumors. Did we not hear the same thing the beginning of this year, last year, and 2007, too. Abeg, by the grace of God the people will decide who they want in 2011. And Lagosians might decided they do not want Fashola but, a PDP candidate or any other political party's candidate.

I hope so. . . .
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by spikedcylinder: 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2009
What might be the cause of this assumed misunderstanding?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2009
Unless the story of Fashola's governance is a hype, that drug baron by name Tinubu cant do nada.
Am sure Lagosians must have found out that good is good and will be ready to stand by the "good" whenever it comes up. But thats only if Fashola have not been fooling them of which Tinubu will provide evidence to prove so.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by desgiezd(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2009
Rumours! Rumours!! Rumours!!!
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2009
Give us a better source of info.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2009
naijatoday:

desgiezd:

Rumours! Rumours!! Rumours!!!
Like most political gist,u can't really get any official confirmation,but I got this from a very ,very relevant source. Anybody close to Lagos political circles should pls confirm.

spikedcylinder:

What might be the cause of this assumed misunderstanding?
Apparently from Asiwajus point of view,the accolades going to Fash are getting into his head, & the the payouts (to Tinubu)are reducing on a daily basis due to greater demands from the population on him(Fashola) to perfom. . . . .
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2009
Illusion, get the real story be4 u can blv such story
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Ibime(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2009
Ibime:

http://thepmnews.com/2009/06/25/no-rift-between-fashola-tinubu%E2%80%94lasg
ibime,many thanks for this. . . . .

the commissioner's statements further confirms the gist, & this comment on the page is instructive

R.S. Dauda

25 June 2009 17:45

I think Opeyemi said it very wonderfully well. Hear it. “Bamidele stated that ……, the Fashola administration would continue to follow the example of the administration of former governors Mobolaji Johnson and Alhaji Lateef Jakande, by impacting on the lives of the people…” I know he cannot follow the example of Tinubu. You know what that means. I know that Tinubu may not like the way Fashola is performing because it is an obvious indictment on Tinubu’s administration of eight years with virtually nothing to show for these years and Fashola between two years has out perfomed him. I also heard that Tinubu has a Company which is in charge of tax proceeds in Lagos State and this company remits certain percentage to Tinubu’s private account which Fashola wanted to block so that more money can be available to develop the state and Tinubu is not happy with such move. Thank God for Fashola. God will continue to uphold you. even if he finds away of blocking you from contesting in 2011, just do what God has sent you to do for the people of Lagos State. He will reward you abundantly. God bless you and your family.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2009
but this is united oduduwa at best abi

opppppppppps trait abi

eyaaaaaaaaooo Tibunu made way for Fashola

koni people!!

una go tired!!

UNited in looting

quote me
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
ikeyman00:

opppppppppps trait abi
koni people!!
una go tired!!
UNited in looting
quote me
ONYEOSHI,ONYIARA, CHINEKE NA POGI ! shocked angry

must everything be about about tribe? can't u try (just try) to think outside the box? MTF !
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by kshow1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2009
illusion2:

ONYEOSHI,ONYIARA, CHINEKE NA POGI ! shocked angry

must everything be about about tribe? can't u try (just try) to think outside the box? MTF !

Haba wetin the dude do u now, he neva reach dis levels o.
but sha if na true ,Tinubu no try at all tongue
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2009
kshow1:

Haba wetin the dude do u now, he neva reach dis levels o.
but sha if na true ,Tinubu no try at all tongue
ikeyman00 is a b*st*rd ! A MTF, I hate all dem haters. . . .
can't say anything w/out Igbo is good ,yoruba is bad ,why?? This is politics section ,go to Racism & Tribalism if u wanna hate. This thread is for political observers and participants to exchange ideas/info.

The illiterate can't complete a sentence without showing his myopic bigoted self.

I'm warning u. . .back off this thread,stick to racism& tribalism where u belong.

Now for reasonable people,has anybody gotten more insight into this?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by bawomolo(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2009
ikeyman00:

opppppppppps trait abi

koni people!!

una go tired!!

UNited in looting

quote me

have you taken your bipolar medication today?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Mowire: 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2009
I doubt the this story.

But if it is true I prostrate beg Tinubu to please not give the enemy reason rejoice over this one good thing happening in Nigeria. It would be political suicide. Though it will not consume BRF, but the same cannot be said for Tinubu and organised opposition in SW and Nigeria. It is only with Fash's record that the AC will ever be able conquer SW.

And if this story is a malicious falsehood originated by the poster and his associates (if any) to cause confusion and create disaffection b/w the 2, MAY THUNDER STRIKE THAT YOUR COMPUTER (ko baa je laptop or dt or mainframe) and may mysterious fire consume your fingers.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
this is what i dnt like grin

this is politics section

by lookin at the few replies ur guess might just be as good as mine

there isnt any thing triba or igbo de igbo yoruba de bad

but as a igbo-nigerian, i will always be straight

no time for koni-koni

so ikeyman aka superman aint suprise when some poeple tried to discredit the story by sayin ahah this cant be true

and ikeyman ask what happen if it true then??

would certain consentions change??

i dnt know

who doesnt like nigeria, forget biafara,etc lets practice what we preach

one of the racist reason the whiteman beleive the blacks are stagnant is the tendency of a blackman to stay docile

but suck that i aint!!

so when i come here and see all the oduduwa gettin rattle, hey thats not a bad feelin

nigeria simply dnt need certain trait
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2009
the story might be true

most peeps who have gragra with their godfathers always start by denying it

until it becomes full blown

the sad thing is fash prolly cannot win on his own, no matter how much good he as done tinubu controls the area boys etal, who are most definetley NOT happy with fashola.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2009
illusion2:

IIt has even gotten so bad that Tinubu has told him (Fash) to forget about 2011

trust naijas to always be the source of irrelevant news.

The same Fashola who said he's not interested in a second term, is now being reported by nairaland gossipers as not being allowed to run in 2011?

una get thinking faculty so?

wey another yarn?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by ikeyman00(m): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2009
tpia

u try sha

united indeed!!
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by nex(m): 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
@illusion2

where did, you recieve this illusion? On the mountain? There was a time when threads based on rumours and assumptions were deleted from this forum. I guess It's a curse; everything Naija must spoil.

@oyb

If Fashola consolidates on the work he's currently carrying out in Lagos, by 2011, with or without Tinubu, Lagosians will be begging him to look away from the presidency and run for state once more.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by illusion2: 11:31am On Aug 08, 2009
nex:

@illusion2

where did, you recieve this illusion? On the mountain? There was a time when threads based on rumours and assumptions were deleted from this forum. I guess It's a curse; everything Naija must spoil.
nex if u read the article posted by [url=http://thepmnews.com/2009/06/25/no-rift-between-fashola-tinubu%E2%80%94lasg]ibime[/url] ,u'll notice this is going around.

Almost all political issues starts with 'rumours',either deliberately planted or slipped out by mistake.

I just posted what i heard from a very reliable source. So either confirm or deny,but don't cast aspersions on the messenger  wink
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by nex(m): 11:45am On Aug 08, 2009
Aspersions ke?

I'm saying it used to be a forum rule for topics to be based on facts backed up by links and evidence, not hearsay.
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 09, 2009
ikeyman00:

tpia

u try sha

united indeed!!

what's your point?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 09, 2009
Is there ever a point to his posts?
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by lanreajax(m): 2:49am On Aug 09, 2009
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is never a point to his posts. (just check the auto section) I told him this once and he said I did not understand English. lafs
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by shesi(m): 3:56am On Aug 09, 2009
Haha. so everybody knows ikeyman eh.

ikeyman is the biggest joker on nland. his posts are constantly nonsense.

whatever he's smoking must be some serious stuff. lol
Re: Tinubu And Fashola At Loggerheads ! by sosisi(f): 3:58am On Aug 09, 2009
make una leave Ikey
The superman!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Delta Ex-militants Riot in Bayelsa / Six Things That Will Happen Very Soon In Nigeria: / Cape Verde - Where Governor Oshiomhole Marry From.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.