Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Riyad Mahrez Became The First African To Win English Football's Player Of D Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Riyad Mahrez Became The First African To Win English Football's Player Of D Year (450 Views)

Riyad Mahrez Set To Join Manchester City / Nigeria Is The First African Country To Qualify For FIFA 2018 World Cup Russia / Who's Your Favourite Football Player Of 2016? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Riyad Mahrez Became The First African To Win English Football's Player Of D Year by sportman117: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2016
Leicester City's Algerian winger Riyad Mahrez on Sunday became the first African player to be named English football's Player of the Year, as voted for by his fellow professionals.

The 25-year-old French-born Algerian international, outstanding in Leicester's incredible charge towards the Premier League title, received the trophy at a lavish awards ceremony in London.

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli was named Young Player of the Year at the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) awards.

Paying tribute to his teammates, Mahrez, who succeeds Chelsea's Eden Hazard as the winner of the prize, told the ceremony: "All the credit is for them, seriously.

"And for my manager (Claudio Ranieri) and the staff. Without them I wouldn't receive this award and I wouldn't score. It's the team spirit, and I want to dedicate it to them.

"I'm very grateful to receive this award, it's a pleasure. It's extra special because if the players vote for me it's because they've seen I've been great this year so I'm happy.........read more [url]http://mybets9ja.com/riyad-mahrez-bec…ayer-of-the-year/[/url]

predict the winner of premiership on [url]naijabet.com[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Past And Current UEFA Champions League Winners / Thery The Best Advice I Received From Wenger-thierry Henry / Lessons From Verdy's Leicester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.