Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira - Software/Programmer Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira (4477 Views)

A Piece Of Job For A Programmer / Software Testing Job For Iphone/ipad Users(starts Next Week) / Any Programmer Wants To Earn A Quick 30,000 Naira To Write A Very Easy Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by CodeHouse: 7:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
you know my thing is astronomy and astrology right. here is another software i have. got this one free from the internet. the image is kinda small but its a zodiac wheel

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/6fne9x9ipeacbgebj0wk3d6wfeg5sga21646465[/img]

In as much as it does what you want, then no problem.

Note also that this design too is not so good
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by FincoApps(m): 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
It's just a simple program and not a game.... Why are you guys killing each other over UI.

If you follow the rules, you would know that most apps in a particular category can just go with the native UI of the OS. If you are designing something like a game or other complex apps then there might be need to use custom UI just like CodeHouse suggested. But CodeHouse, that UI is completely unnecessary for this kind of app
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 7:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
CodeHouse:

Dont get me wrong, I have not shown you that link as a substitute to what jelo4kul has done, NO! In fact he has done a good job, I showed you that link so that you will know that I know what I am saying.

... And like you said, your project is not anything complex, it should stay the way it is.
i know you know what you are saying or you wouldnt call yourself CodeHouse which i think is because you code very well. yeah I mean I have more complicated projects coming up but i think with this one, it will be overkill to do an elaborate interface for something that is basically just a calculator. ya dig ? its like doing the interface of a computer for a mere calculator. it has only one purpose and nothing else. ya dig ?
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by CodeHouse: 7:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
FincoApps:
It's just a simple program and not a game.... Why are you guys killing each other over UI.

If you follow the rules, you would know that most apps in a particular category can just go with the native UI of the OS. If you are designing something like a game or other complex apps then there might be need to use custom UI just like CodeHouse suggested. But CodeHouse, that UI is completely unnecessary for this kind of app

You mean the wheel sample i posted? The link I posted is not suggestion or substitute to the OPs original design, I posted that to let him know that when I talk about design, I know what im saying.. Of course the app does not worth all these too much talk.. That was why I tried not to comment further, check my previous comments
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
CodeHouse:

In as much as it does what you want, then no problem.

Note also that this design too is not so good
lol yeah i know it is basic. got it free on the net but inside it has the data position of all the celestial bodies for the next 50 years so while the interface is basic, the purpose is huge. now this is one of the ones i will need to improve on. this is one of the projects for the future.
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
FincoApps:

exactly what i said
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by CodeHouse: 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
lol yeah i know it is basic. got it free on the net but inside it has the data position of all the celestial bodies for the next 50 years so while the interface is basic, the purpose is huge. now this is one of the ones i will need to improve on. this is one of the projects for the future.

Now you see, even this one you love so much used a wheel layout design, and to let you know that I havent even seen such before I suggested that jelo4kul could use a wheel-shaped window
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 7:15pm On Apr 28, 2016
CodeHouse:

Now you see, even this one you love so much used a wheel layout design, and to let you know that I havent even seen such before I suggested that jelo4kul could use a wheel-shaped window
is it possible to have a wheel shaped window where several windows pop out when you click buttons cuz i like the effect of multiple windows ?
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by CodeHouse: 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
is it possible to have a wheel shaped window where several windows pop out when you click buttons cuz i like the effect of multiple windows ?

Of course, even the pop up windows will be wheel-shaped, having the zodiac symbol and then enter your inputs for whatever calculations.. Everything is possible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
CodeHouse:

Of course, even the pop up windows will be wheel-shaped, having the zodiac symbol and then enter your inputs for whatever calculations.. Everything is possible
now that sounds exciting.
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Stconvict(m): 8:30pm On Apr 28, 2016
*** I Read The New Comments. I Take My Comment Back ***
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 29, 2016
CodeHouse:

Both interfaces are not so good
I quite agree with you, I was merely comparing the two designs like the OP requested. I was not criticizing like that from a programmer's perspective.
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by Knownpal(m): 8:22am On Apr 29, 2016
CodeHouse:

Do you have plans to visit Lagos soon? Would like to do as promised before I leave again...

I've sent an email to you. [ paul odiette [at] gmail dot com]
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by CodeHouse: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2016
Knownpal:

k.. Will check
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by CodeHouse: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
now that sounds exciting.

Do not go and task your developer uneccesarily, if your software is not to be commercialized. You sounded as if the app is just for your own use, so leave it as it is, if it serves you
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by AlphaCentauri: 1:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
CodeHouse:

Do not go and task your developer uneccesarily, if your software is not to be commercialized. You sounded as if the app is just for your own use, so leave it as it is, if it serves you
yes its just for me. its just an app i need for myself when i want to convert zodiac to 24 hr clock time. nothing more nothing less. nobody else will use it but myself. i wasnt going to change it but i just enjoy reading peoples input because it gives me an idea of what to ask for when i source out the next project.
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by CodeHouse: 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
F
dhtml18:

I quite agree with you, I was merely comparing the two designs like the OP requested. I was not criticizing like that from a programmer's perspective.

True that
Re: What Would You Do ? So I Sourced Out A Programming Job For 30,000 Naira by CodeHouse: 9:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Knownpal:

Check your mail

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dumps For Sql, Oca And Ocp / SMS Restore From Andriod 4.2.1 To Andriod 4.4.2 / Free Application Recharge Cards Generator For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.