Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido (53492 Views)

2019: Lamido, Fayose, Makarfi, Others Have Nothing To Offer, Buhari Will..- SGF / Sule Lamido Declares For 2019 Presidency Under PDP / Lady Compares Nigeria Under PDP And APC On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
blueto:
I think Bruce Murray will be better.
I dey sidon look. Hope SS and SE will allow him to succeed in the primaries.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by DropShot: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Good idea you have there....but PDP is looking to eat into Buhari's firm Northern support. That's why.
But that will not give them success. I am very sure about that.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Midex88(m): 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
Before making his questionable intent known. He should first return all the monies which he connived with his sons to steal from the coffers of jigawa state. BaraO Banza

1 Like

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Vongsama(m): 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
With him, PDP is dead on arrival.
I really don't like Buhari but I'm yet to see a credible PDP personality to challenge this fulani man.
I pray there should be one though. One with a good resume.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by LordVarys: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
CFCman:
I can't see past one of Adamu Mu'azu, Dankwambo, and Sule Lamido becoming the PDP nominee in 2019.

Governor Dankwambo (Gombe) also has the additional experience of being a former Accountant-general of the federation during the Obasanjo administration.

Peter Obi, due to his wealth of experience in politics and business, would be the most likely VP nominee. Someone like Okonjo Iweala has, at best, an outside chance of being on the ticket. Soludo won't be a bad choice as VP either.
The odds favour Dankwambo especially with PDP's love for ex governors. However Dankwambo has very poor name recognition and visibility despite him being regarded as easily the best performing governor in the North. For someone who wants to be President, he's way too quiet.
Heard the Jonathan camp is rooting for Ribadu, that's why they wanted him to be PDP Chairman early in the year but he declined to go for the chairmanship choosing to bide his time till 2019.
Peter Obi is certainly going to be the VP nominee

3 Likes

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2016
You can only tell a blind man that there is no oil in the soup but you cannot tell him that there is no salt as he has tongue to taste it himself.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by BossDanniee(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
GEJ will return 2019
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Cocoyamu: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
theV0ice:

He was OBJ's candidate for 2015 before GEJ dealt with him. It was meant to be a Lamido/Amaechi PDP 2015 ticket.

I think he stands a chance in 2019

He made this wicked statement in 2013

'President Jonathan is like a mad man with a lighter at the fuel station' -
Lamido

Well, GEJ proved that statement false anyway...

Showed him he is more of a classic man, and a thinker too. While he SULE as his name conotes, is simply one impetous politician, and also still a baby in the game...

1 Like

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by tuniski: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
DropShot:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I still find it very nauseating and illogical for PDP to be contemplating zoning its presidency to the North.

Till today, PDP and its sympathizers keep arguing that Mr. IB did wonders especially to the Norther part of the country and the only reason he wasn't supported there was because they wanted the presidency back very badly. If their argument is correct, why will the demonic party be willing to give the presidency back to the same section of the country in 2019 or even 2023 considering that a norther president is already occupying the seat?

Why not zone the presidency to the SE, and other "juicy" posts to the North and SS/SW? That way, the party will be showing it's ready for the real political battle even though I know there is no any combination that can make them win in 2019.
Political calculations ain't done that way. The south via OBJ n GEJ had 13 out of d 16 years of pdp's reign. It therefore makes perfect sense for the north to have it. Do not factor apc into pdp's arrangement. The possibility of north having 8yrs with pdp added to buhari's and yar Adua's to make 15yrs gives back the balance to pdp who can now produce the SE president afterwards.

Right now, it will be politically naive to think a christian can win it come 2019 even a xtian hausa/fulani cant!

1 Like

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by creekmayor: 5:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
People no get Shame !!!!
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by goodvision12(m): 5:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
blueto:
sharap there,yu bomboklerk!Is he a northernan?
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by realbest(m): 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2016
blueto:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/will-run-presidency-pdp-2019-lamido/

As far as we northerners are concern , anything PDP is evil . You ignore this at your own peril.Remember what happen during the last elections.No one give almajiri(almajirai plural) as you derogatory called us , chance to defeat the almighty ruling elites-pdp.We will repeat it again and again until when we became free-economically.Era of divide and rule is over.We are wiser than ever.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Jidibia(m): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
Corruption case is still hanging on his neck
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Ghost01(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
Another thief?!
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Nature129(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
dustmalik:

El-rufai is way more popular than all those you mentioned.

If Buhari isn't coming out again in 2019, he'll probably support el-Rufai, and trust me, that short man will be the next president.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by ElCapone(m): 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
LordVarys:
Ribadu, Dankwambo, Lamido, David Mark should start building their profile for the presidency now, Same for Peter Obi, Ekweremadu and Okonjo Iweala for VP.
Primaries are going to be fair and democratic.....The APC will likely field Elrufai who lacks Bubu's Northern popularity
who is lamido when elrufai is involvd? Or worst stil u afraid bubu wld recontest and gv u a run 4 ur money. Cos an average northerner/southwesterner wld rada pitch his tent wid a buhari dan a corrupt lamido.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by dustmalik: 6:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nature129:

If Buhari isn't coming out again in 2019, he'll probably support el-Rufai, and trust me, that short man will be the next president.
Exactly

3 Likes

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by hajhud: 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
amaechi1:
I rather advice you should not come out to disgrace yourself further. With the current pace of fight against insurgent in north east, I doubt if the north will vote for any other person that the incumbent president. Except if he is not contesting.
GBAMMMMMMM
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by NLban: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
blueto:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/will-run-presidency-pdp-2019-lamido/

Former Gov Sule Lamido beware of EFCC coming after you after this pronouncement.

1 Like

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by hajhud: 6:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
olafum1:
Thief planning His last operation
grin
olafum1:
Thief planning His last operation
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by hmuhammad(m): 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
blueto:
I think Bruce Murray Lee will be better.
fixed

1 Like

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by DropShot: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
tuniski:

Political calculations ain't done that way. The south via OBJ n GEJ had 13 out of d 16 years of pdp's reign. It therefore makes perfect sense for the north to have it. Do not factor apc into pdp's arrangement. The possibility of north having 8yrs with pdp added to buhari's and yar Adua's to make 15yrs gives back the balance to pdp who can now produce the SE president afterwards.

Right now, it will be politically naive to think a christian can win it come 2019 even a xtian hausa/fulani cant!
You're right and hence I said there is no political combination that can return PDP to power in 2019.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by hmuhammad(m): 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Esseite:
If i am ever to support PDP... i think i would go for Ribadu/Okonjo... truth be told, thats a formidable combination... discipline wise and economy wise...that combination might give apc a run for their money..

We need more brains than politicians...
no northern candidate can defeat PMB
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by talkingdrum10: 6:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
With PDP , David Mark has the greatest chance, and Lamido gunning for his VP

The greatest undoing for APC is for PMB not to contest, or giving it to elrufai, the entire Christian community in Nigeria will cast elrufai, he already has a bad toga on his head, APC can still replace PMB with Tinubu or Atiku or else anything short of that. David Mark will take the day.

1 Like

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by emekaonuoha(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2016
We d wait
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by lumeneng22: 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2016
Are we not fed up of the Dasukis and the Lamidos? of the northern kingdom?

1 Like

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Deadlytruth(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
ATERI:

Obasanjo and Buhari wouldn`t have been able to win as governors of their states yet they were elected as our Presidents. If you prefer anyone to be president of Nigeria today to Ribadu, then it means you have other pre-requisites apart from good leadership qualities.

Could you enumerate some these leadership qualities you applaud Ribadu with? I am all ears please.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Omonigeriarere: 6:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
blueto:

We are not talking of e-President here oooo..
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by maestroferddi: 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
DropShot:

You're right and hence I said there is no political combination that can return PDP to power in 2019.
Then you still a tyro in this game.

PDP certainly has a chance in 2019 with the current developments in the political terrain.

As it stands today, PDP will likely reclaim North Central states like Benue, Kogi, Kwara and Plateau given the indifferent performance of APC governments in these traditionally PDP states. The case of Kwara will be interesting to watch because the politically-motivated trial of Saraki will spell a gloomy foreboding for APC in the state if Saraki gets removed as Senate President.

In any case, the permutations/equation will be entirely different in the north if Buhari or any APC candidate gets to square up against a credible PDP candidate of northern extraction. If such candidate can get up to 40% of votes in the North West and the North East, then anything can happen.
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Intendy: 6:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
amaechi1:
I rather advice you should not come out to disgrace yourself further. With the current pace of fight against insurgent in north east, I doubt if the north will vote for any other person that the incumbent president. Except if he is not contesting.
6 bottles of orijin for you.
you are seeing a better picture.God bless
Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Deadlytruth(m): 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
theV0ice:

Its not a question of who should win. It's a question of who can win

If it was about picking the best candidates, PDP wouldn't have fielded GEJ and APC wouldn't have fielded Buhari when we had Ribadu, Utomi, Fashola, Atedo Peterside, Donald Duke etc.

Politics is a game of numbers you know?

You overkilled it there. So apt a comment!
If elections in Nigeria were not more about tribe, region and religion than performance was OBJ supposed to defeat Falae in 1999 and then win again in 2003? Was Yaradua supposed to win 2006 PDP primaries which Donald Duke too showed interest in?
Was Fashola not supposed to have been APC's candidate if Nigerians were known to vote based on ONLY performance rather than mundane considerations of religion, tribe and primordial sentiments? Was even GEJ supposed to have emerged the PDP candidate in 2011 let alone 2015? In fact if Nigerian voters were being purely guided by performance and ideology alone would APC or PDP be ruling us right now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Run For Presidency Under PDP In 2019 – Lamido by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2016
As for the APC, I wouldn't rule out Gov. Tambuwal being their candidate if Buhari declines to run for a 2nd term.

Tambuwal was reportedly told by IBB to "prepare for higher office in the future". Atiku and Gov El Rufai may throw their hats into the presidential ring too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sheikh Abubakar Gumi Visits Bandits In Zamfara Forests (Photos) / Osun Rerun: White Handkerchief As A Sign Of Vote Buying (Photos) / Meet Mrs Aisha Buhari Beautiful, Sound & Intelligent. PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.