Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari (571 Views)

Dankwambo Unfit For President, Gombe Group Tells Mbaka / "Stop Exploiting Buhari’s Ill Health" - Northern Group Tells Yoruba Leaders / Reuben Abati: The Return Of MMM, Tales From Sambisa And The Boy Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by zik4ever: 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2016
A human rights group, Centre for Human Rights and Social Justice has demanded that President Muhammadu Buhari clears up Sambisa Forest which serves as the operational headquarters for the Boko Haram sect for Fulani herdsmen to graze their livestock.

The call is contained in a statement by the Chairman of the group, Suleiman Adeniyi, and made available to newsmen in Osogbo on Sunday.

The group pointed out that it will be of no use acquiring land all over the country for grazing, when the President can clear the Sambisa Forest for herdsmen to graze their cattle

The call is contained in a statement by Chairman of the group, Sulaiman Adeniyi, made available to newsmen in Osogbo on Sunday.

The group pointed out that it will be of no use acquiring land all over the country for grazing, when the President can clear the Sambisa forest for herdsmen to graze their cattle.

Adeniyi noted that appearance of the herdsmen now poses major threat to the peace of the nation with their viciousness, adding that moving them to Sambisa forest would be a better alternative rather than starting another crisis with land owners all over the country.

The statement reads, “The President Muhammadu Buhari led Federal Government of Nigeria should go and clear the den of Boko Haram sect, popularly called ‘Sambiza Forest’ for its proposed ‘Grazing Reserve Project’ for the Fulani Herdsmen.

“The proposed bill would increase avoidable crisis in the land through the violent resistance across the region of the country. The Fulani herdsmen have become dangerous species across the states of the federation.

“President Buhari should drop the idea of forcing the grazing reserves bill on the states contrary to section 17,18 and 20 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended, in order to save the country from imminent violent problem.

“The proposed grazing reserves idea is ill-conceived, illegal, unconstitutional, self-serving, retrogressive, day-light robbery and time bomb which is capable of igniting monumental crisis across the length and breadth of the nation.”
The group called on politicians and international
community to prevail on the President to drop the idea, saying it might spark another crisis which would be difficult to solve.”

The group also commended the Amnesty International for bringing to the public notice
the high rates of alleged human rights abuses of the nation’s security agents in the war against Boko Haram sect. poses major threat to the peace of the nation with their viciousness, adding that moving them to Sambisa Forest would be a better alternative rather than starting another crisis with landowners all over the country.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/24/clear-sambisa-and-relocate-fulani-herdsmen-there-group-tells-buhari/
Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nice suggestion. The only problem is, the person to whom the advice is given is a certified ethnocentric bigoted dullard. As long as he's one and the same with the herdsmen, He will jettison the idea, But will still be pushing for grazing bill that will give free lands to these heartless herdsmen.

1 Like

Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by drss(m): 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
nice one. any body who oppose dis wonderful idea is a terrorist!
Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 2:57pm On Apr 25, 2016
drss:
nice one. any body who oppose dis wonderful idea is a terrorist!
Yes, I agree. Meanwhile some misguided people are pushing for the grazing bill to be passed.

Cc: Obinoscopy Mynd44
Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by queenoflafia(f): 2:59pm On Apr 25, 2016
See call o.Baba no mind them o
Deal will fulanis same way you are dealing with Bh
Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by Ijaya123: 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
I agree absolutely with this.

I find it extremely worrying that the president has remained silent on this issue of Fulani herdsmen killing and destroying farmland wherever they go.

What is even more appalling is the fact that these killer squad called herdsmen not only kill but destroy the same farmland the govt is trying to diversify the economy into. And yet, the govt isn't saying anything. That sounds hypocritical to me.

To Lai Mohammed, it not enough for the govt to be working silently on resolving the matter. The president should speak up categorically and condemn this rampage just as he condemn the pipeline vandals and threaten to deal with them.

This ignoble silence is embarrassingly not golden at all.

1 Like

Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by dunkem21(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
OK, let me ask my people ..

Click Like to Support the Relocation of Fulani herdsmen to Sambisa ...

Otherwise, Share to support grazing bill cool

3 Likes

Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
dunkem21:
OK, let me ask my people ..

Click Like to Support the Relocation of Fulani herdsmen to Sambisa ...

Otherwise, Share to support grazing bill cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3640821_93113_jpege4990a73e8475a681c516beafc991cd1

Thunder go fire anybody wey click that share o.
Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by drss(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Yes, I agree. Meanwhile some misguided people are pushing for the grazing bill to be passed.

Cc: Obinoscopy Mynd44
grazing bill is possible in arewanistan islamic republic.
Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by otitokoroleti: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
Good move
Re: Clear Sambisa And Relocate Fulani Herdsmen There – Group Tells Buhari by babadee1(m): 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
This is the best solution I've seen suggested so far for the Fulani herdsmen debacle. They should give them the whole of Sambisa forest and if that's not enough they can buy up some nearby pieces of land. But nomadic grazing of cattle is no longer a feasible option in this country. It has to end as soon as possible.

(1) (Reply)

Aya-Kugbo-Nyanya Dreadlock / EFCC Recovers N593m Jewellery From Diezani, Omokore’s Wife / They Only Court SARAKI Is Yet Approarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.