Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! (1177 Views)

African American Satanist Charles Taylor Sacrificed Babies To Surp Power / African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire / Nat Turner, The African American Igbo Spirit Warrior Of 1800s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! by m0rena35(f): 7:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hello, I would like to know a nice area to move to in Nigeria. I am an African American woman, 35 years old married with kids. My husband is Afro-Mexican, and we would like to relocate to the home of our ancestors so can anyone tell me a nice place, we have pretty good income, so I know we can live well back home.

Re: Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! by luvablesam(m): 10:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
Settle in calabar (invest in tourism ) or in Abuja (go into beauty saloons)

1 Like

Re: Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! by KB1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
I must say, you are a pretty woman. From one African-American to another, I'll say this as a word of advice. Forget about moving to Africa. You'd be better off moving to the Caribbean. The vast majority of Africans are extremely tribal, and thus will not accept you as one of them. Most will see you as nothing more than a white person dipped in chocolate in a round about way, that is unless you have money or something other of value in which they feel they can get from you. Then you will magically become their long lost sistah. cheesy

Nigeria in particular is a very violent and problematic place. I'd NEVER even dream of moving there, and you'd be a fool to do so yourself. If you feel you must make this move to Africa, then my best advice for you cousin is to go to a small, quaint nation like Gabon, Soa Tome, Namibia, Equatorial Guinea and such. I feel Living in a place like Nigeria may cause you to hate them even more so than you've grown to hate us, you're own people. Stay safe, and choose wisely. smiley

1 Like

Re: Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2016
hmmm... excluding the North-east where there is boko haram... Nigeria is relatively safe for anyone that uses common sense.

We are not extremely tribal, come to Nigeria for a tourist vacation and see for yourself... yes we might favor our own tribes occassionally but it is just like favouring your family member.

White people that speak pidgin english and any native language are usually accepted, how much more a black american that looks like us?

You dont really know anything about Nigeria... what you know is distorted.

KB1:
I must say, you are a pretty woman. From one African-American to another, I'll say this as a word of advice. Forget about moving to Africa. You'd be better off moving to the Caribbean. The vast majority of Africans are extremely tribal, and thus will not accept you as one of them. Most will see you as nothing more than a white person dipped in chocolate in a round about way, that is unless you have money or something other of value in which they feel they can get from you. Then you will magically become their long lost sistah. cheesy

Nigeria in particular is a very violent and problematic place. I'd NEVER even dream of moving there, and you'd be a fool to do so yourself. If you feel you must make this move to Africa, then my best advice for you cousin is to go to a small, quaint nation like Gabon, Soa Tome, Namibia, Equatorial Guinea and such. I feel Living in a place like Nigeria may cause you to hate them even more so than you've grown to hate us, you're own people. Stay safe, and choose wisely. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! by KB1(m): 1:44am On Apr 26, 2016
TheTransformer:
hmmm... excluding the North-east where there is boko haram... Nigeria is relatively safe for anyone that uses common sense.

We are not extremely tribal, come to Nigeria for a tourist vacation and see for yourself... yes we might favor our own tribes occassionally but it is just like favouring your family member.

White people that speak pidgin english and any native language are usually accepted, how much more a black american that looks like us?

You dont really know anything about Nigeria... what you know is distorted.

You know not what I've seen or experienced; you and I both know this to be fact. It is your agenda to attempt to place your people and native land in the best light when presented to the unknowing foreigner looking for guidance on such topic, and it is mine to insure that those in which share an identity with me are shown to true light of the situation as I've seen and experienced along with many others. Youtube loaded with such experiences my brother, for reference. Our agendas cross, so we do not see squarely eye to eye on this topic.
Re: Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! by Wulfruna(f): 7:08am On Apr 26, 2016
Why not visit first and see if you like it before moving? I know lots of AAs who can't stand Nigeria. I also know a few who are really crazy about the place. A friend of mine has already been here three times in two years and says she'll love to move here.

If you decide to move, I'll suggest a relatively quiet small city...like Enugu. (I love Enugu!) I've heard great things about Calabar, though I haven't been there myself. Abuja the capital is also a good choice.

4 Likes

Re: Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! by Amoto94(m): 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2016
OP don't listen to what KB1 have written, Nigeria is safe bar some states in NE. Choose from the following places; Abuja, Lagos, Calabar, Enugu, and Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Hi Everyone, African American Going Home To MAMA AFRICA! by chukxie(m): 3:49am On Apr 29, 2016
KB1:

I must admit you do have some points here. True, some parts of Nigeria aren't safe.Thanks for reminding us. I've got some questions for you. Are all parts of America safe? I'm not sure if you're aware there's more murder per 1,000 people in America than there is in Nigeria. Gun violence in the United States results in thousands of deaths and injuries annually.Shouldn't this be one of the yardstick through which the violence of a nation is measured?? I'm assuming you're an AA, so I'm going to posit this question for you to answer. Isn't it true that ''black on black'' killings in America is on the rise especially in places like Chicago, Detroit, New York, Louisiana, California? Do all these killings, hate crimes, break-ins, bank robberies, kidnappings and extortion, drug crimes, police brutality and judicial injustice against certain groups of people etc. make the United States a safe or an unsafe country?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Facts About The Yoruba's / As Ogiame Ikenwoli Confers Title On Leemon Ikpea… / Monarch To Igbos: Stop Blaming Hausa/fulani, Yoruba For Your Woes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.