Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu (741 Views)

Femi Adesina: "No More Importing & Exporting Of Fuel By 2019". Nigerians React / I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu / Nigeria To Stop Fuel Importation By 2019 – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by Caseless: 4:13am On Apr 26, 2016
The Federal Government has said Nigeria will stop importing Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and become a net exporter of petroleum products by 2019.
Minister of State for Pe­troleum Resources, Mr.Ibe Kachikwu, said this in Port Harcourt, Rivers State when he re-commissioned the Bonny-Port Harcourt refinery crude pipeline

Kachikwu hinged his assurance of the country to be a net exporter of pe­troleum products by 2019 when the co-location refin­eries would have come on stream.
Co-location refineries are refineries located with­in existing refineries.

In Nigeria’s instance, the co-location refineries would be located within the three existing refiner­ies in Port Harcourt, Warri and Kaduna, bring the in­stalled capacity to 650,000 barrels per day from the current 445,000 per day.

‘‘Going forward, by 2019, when the co-loca­tion refineries become op­erational, the country will stop importation of petro­leum products and become a net exporter,’’ he said.

Meanwhile, the minis­ter has announced that the Port Harcourt Refining Company now produces five million litres of Pre­mium Motor Spirit also known as petrol with the Warri Refining and Petro­chemical Company also producing two million li­tres of petrol per day.
Advertisement
Kachikwu equally said that Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company is also scheduled to start production and added that the coming on stream of the three refineries will go a long way to ensure suf­ficient supply and distri­bution of petrol across the country.
“Port Harcourt is back in production, Warri is back in production, Kaduna is receiving crude and will soon be back in produc­tion.
“Lagos is easing off now from fuel scarcity and Abuja is doing the same thing and once Kaduna be­gins production, the North will see a lot of improve­ment.”
In a related development, Kachikwu commended the contractor for the underground pipleine from Escravos to Warri and Port Harcourt refineries, Ocean Marine Solution, chaired by Capt. Hosa Okunbor, saying despite the fact that the contractor had not been paid before embarking on the job, he did a good job that would help resolve the problems confronting the oil sector.
On his part, Okunbor said: “We are very glad that, for the first time over 10 years, we are able to deliver the crude line between Esacrovos and Warri, and crude is now flowing through the pipeline which was impossible over the years. We thank God. We have created serious value for this country using our own resources, “As a company.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/111863/fuel-importationll-stop-2019-kachikwu

Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by Osezzua(m): 4:16am On Apr 26, 2016
ok
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by ORACLE1975(m): 4:18am On Apr 26, 2016
What?
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by amtaken(f): 4:21am On Apr 26, 2016
"APC is a party of "I will"...."

-Patience Ebere Jonathan.
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:24am On Apr 26, 2016
Lol I thought Dangote and other Chinese firms are building several refineries in Nigeria....

APC angry grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by a2personal2013: 4:35am On Apr 26, 2016
They have started again oooo. This date keeps shifting.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chei, we don enter one chance cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by chriskosherbal(m): 4:36am On Apr 26, 2016
That is a welcome development.
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nature129(m): 4:47am On Apr 26, 2016
I don't understand what he meant by Nigeria becoming a net exporter of petroleum products because we are already doing that right now.

If he meant refined PMS, well, most countries have refineries so they don't import refined petroleum products but they import crude oil and refine it in their domain. So I wonder the country we'll be exporting refined petroleum products to when NNPC can't comfortably meet local demands for them.

Nigeria's population has created huge market for refined petroleum products sales. So Oga Minister, satisfy the local market first before looking for whom to export the supposed "refined products" to. I just wonder which country will buy the refined products because even Niger Republic has a functional refinery.
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by Flexherbal(m): 4:58am On Apr 26, 2016
That was how he promised us an overflow of fuel before the middle of this month, and today is 25 we still have queues in almost all the filling stations.
We need actions not words.
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by adconline(m): 5:29am On Apr 26, 2016
In 2019, an election year, they will ask for more 4 yrs of change
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by rottennaija(m): 5:41am On Apr 26, 2016
If this can be achieved, even by 80 per cent, then Nigeria would have changed forever
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by rottennaija(m): 5:46am On Apr 26, 2016
Nature129:

I don't understand what he meant by Nigeria becoming a net exporter of petroleum products because we are already doing that right now.

If he meant refined PMS, well, most countries have refineries so they don't import refined petroleum products but they import crude oil and refine it in their domain. So I wonder the country we'll be exporting refined petroleum products to when NNPC can't comfortably meet local demands for them.

Nigeria's population has created huge market for refined petroleum products sales. So Oga Minister, satisfy the local market first before looking for whom to export the supposed "refined products" to. I just wonder which country will buy the refined products because even Niger Republic has a functional refinery.

If you set no target for yourself, you achieve nothing. What they are doing is settimg a. Target for themselves on what to accomplished. And. It should be commended and encouraged.

On the issue of refined products, Nigeria can sale to African countries as well. In fact, we still sell to other neighbouring African countries though it is diverted products
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by OgaTheTop2: 7:28am On Apr 26, 2016
Nigeria will be great... I have no doubt.
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by Juxtified(m): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2016
Nice joke to start your day, I guess.
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by Frankiss44(m): 8:09am On Apr 26, 2016
For more jokes, send APC to 419

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by Alezy(m): 8:24am On Apr 26, 2016
Frankiss44:
For more jokes, send APC to 419
Lwkmdh. ..u go kill person this boy

1 Like

Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by 989900B: 8:44am On Apr 26, 2016
Nature129:

Most countries import refined petroleum products, and of course he meant exporting refined products -- that's where the real money is!
If you read through again, he highlighted progress made so far and vision for the future, what would you have done better in his shoes?
Re: Fuel Importation’ll Stop By 2019 – Kachikwu by babs01(m): 8:46am On Apr 26, 2016
And in 2019 Nigerians will be like APC is coming o lets run for our life

(1) (Reply)

Senator Bukola Saraki: The Story Of A Serial Traitor / My Question On Fuel Subsidy Removal / News Flash: Nigeria Ready To Devalue Naira – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.