Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre,buhari And The Shame Of 'educated Christians' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre,buhari And The Shame Of 'educated Christians' (385 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Massacre: #BenueMourns Trends On Twitter, Nigerians Slam Buhari / Street Protests In Enugu Over Herdsmen Massacre / Arase Arrives Enugu Over Herdsmen Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fulani Herdsmen Massacre,buhari And The Shame Of 'educated Christians' by eyeview: 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
Am not a bit shocked at Buhari's attitude towards the uninhibited decimation of lives and communities.
The man has never hidden his stand and disdain for a region of the nation or other religions.
Personally,I don't blame him. It's what he stands for. I respect muslims for one thing, when an issue is placed before them,their religion plays a key role in their decision making process,regardless of their level of education,exposure and enlightenment. A typical northern muslim can hardly vote a christian over their 'brother',even if the christian presents a better chance of improving their live.
My disappointment,however, goes to christians who have become 'too educated'. Those are the ones that will be jettison their faith and tried to rationalise everything from 'am enlightened' view point. These are the people whom even if you had warned them before now that Buhari is a core tribal bigot that will not bert an eyelid as fulanis decimate lives and communities but will even from far away countries instantly order the bombing of niger delta vandal in the creeks,would laugh you into scorn with such excuses as 'nobody can play an islamic card in this present day nigeria','Buhari can not be partial against other tribes and religions in this present dispensation', even Rochas Okorocha while calling on christians and igbos to vote Buhari then promised that 'Buhari can not maltreat igbos or play ethnic card with the likes of him in the party'.
Since his inauguration,Buhari had never hidden his interest to play full blown ethnic bigotry. From his heavily lopsided appointments to his comments. The height of it was that a president who swore by his holy book to treat the whole nation equally opened his mouth and stated that there was no way he would treat the '97%' that voted for him equally with the '5%'(mathematical errors are his,not the writer's) that didn't vote for him. At that point I sought the views of those christians(especially the igbos) and they couldn't come up with any defence for their Buhari. Mbaka has gone silent all of a sudden.
I am not a fan of former President Goodluck Jonathan,but one of the biggest mysteries I've ever seen is how Nigerians looked at a man who constantly stated that 'his ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian' and stated that they will vote a man who promised that if he lost again 'dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood', a man who past electoral losses was always followed by shedding of innocent bloods(eg that of youth corp members) by these same fulani miscreants. A man who boko haram at the height of their decimation then by the military sued for negotiation and appointed Buhari to be their representative at the negotiation. How Nigerians still went for such a man is one of the mysteries I've seen under the sun.
Now,those that were ridiculed,scorned and lambasted for 'prophesying' that Buhari's emergence will lead to the start of an ethnic cleansing have been justified while those people who felt too educated to heed warnings have shut up their mouths. Sometimes,I wish it were such people's villages that these 'cleansing' took place.
As for these south east and south west states that had in recent times fallen victims to these massacres,I think their region's governors should convey an emergency meeting and come up with a 7day ultimatum for all the herdsmen to leave the region till a proper agreement is sealed with the hausa/fulani communities in their various states. And part of the agreement shall state that those hausa/fulani communities will be held responsible for any influx of miscreants into their midst.
But for now,permit me to state that if you are non-muslim and you were well informed of Buhari's bigotry but you waved it aside and went ahead and voted for him,then you deserve a portion of blame for the ethnic and religious division growing in the nation today.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

End Of The War Against Terrorism / Good Bussiness Proposal Between Nigeria And Tanzania With Good Return / Imo Assembly: Deputy Majority Leader Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.