Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

I Couldn’t Remain In PDP After Learning Of $2.1bn Arms Scandal, Says Ex-gov. Yug - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Couldn’t Remain In PDP After Learning Of $2.1bn Arms Scandal, Says Ex-gov. Yug (561 Views)

Rivers Rerun: APC Leading PDP After Results In 11 Seats~The Cable / Jonathan And Ex-Ministers In Cold War Over $2.1bn Arms Scandal / Arms Scandal: Army General Weeps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Couldn’t Remain In PDP After Learning Of $2.1bn Arms Scandal, Says Ex-gov. Yug by Leiman100(m): 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2016
The immediate past Governor of Bauchi State, Malam Isa Yuguda, has shed more light on why he resigned his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, under whose platform he served as minister and later governor for nearly eight years.
There were speculations that Mr. Yuguda dumped the party over a purported rift with the immediate past Minister for the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Senator Bala Mohammed, who hails from the state.
But Yuguda, in a letter dated April 23 and addressed to the State Chairman of the party, said he was baffled by the scandal which put the entire Northeast in danger at the time when he was the governor of Bauchi State.
He said that the alleged misappropriation of the $2.1 billion meant for arms procurement to fight insurgency was very shocking, and that the dastardly act by the then PDP-led federal government had brought the integrity of members of the party into question.
He further stated that he was saddened that he was a governor from the zone who received no material or financial support from the then Federal Government but was a witness to the wasting of human lives and properties over non-availability of funds to procure arms and ammunition to halt the insurgency and other security challenges in the region and other parts of the country.‎
“And after having known that the funds were embezzled which led to the death of thousands of women, children, young men and un-armed members of the Nigerian security forces has made it impossible for me to continue my

1 Like

Re: I Couldn’t Remain In PDP After Learning Of $2.1bn Arms Scandal, Says Ex-gov. Yug by Inspectahdeck(m): 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hmmm

Are you planning to move to the all saints party?

Re: I Couldn’t Remain In PDP After Learning Of $2.1bn Arms Scandal, Says Ex-gov. Yug by Standing5(m): 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2016
When you hear the Petroleum minister's own you will relocate to Ghana.
Re: I Couldn’t Remain In PDP After Learning Of $2.1bn Arms Scandal, Says Ex-gov. Yug by yarimo(m): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
But that those not mean if dasuki mention your name, you won't be picked by EFCC.
Re: I Couldn’t Remain In PDP After Learning Of $2.1bn Arms Scandal, Says Ex-gov. Yug by RaphaeloBurgess: 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2016
This is the first man of integrity in PDP. Nice one! Others should follow and leave GEJ,SAS,Fayose,Metuh behind.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Herdsmen Invaded Wole Soyinkas Home / Fuel Queues Have Virtually Gone-NNPC Spokesperson / Unfulfilled Campaign Promises: Youths Raze APC Senator's Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.