Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Appraising The Military - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appraising The Military (448 Views)

Appraising The Emir Of Kano’s Call For An End To Poverty In Northern Nigeria / Oke Was Not Arrested By The Military - Media Aide / See The Military Officer Likely To Become Biafra's Chief Of Army Staff (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appraising The Military by vickylincon(m): 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2016
Everyday, I read a lot about military operations and failure and I think I should write about this. My points will center around; Boko haram, military engagement, Fulani heardsman, amnesty report and lastly chibock girls.
Since February, the military has intensified it's fight against terrorism because it is a threat to our country and it is within the military scope as enshrined in section 217(2) of Nigeria constitution. How this group started is another story for some other time, but this sect has been branded as one of the deadliest sect; terrorism is new to Nigeria and the military so far has been trying their best even though they may have been some itches but I still think they deserve our prayers because they are laying down their lives to protect the interest of Nigerians
Secondly, The military as an institution obey the code: rule of engagement and when their is any threat, they must apply this rule effectively. In the case of Shites, according to report, this group's activities has been reported to the police several times because their activities sometimes depict secret society or dangerous one, some even complained that they are operating a parallel govt, while others claimed if they are not checked, they may be deadlier than boko haram. On the said day, this group blocked the envoy of the chief of army staff, this is tantamount to blocking the envoy of the President. in recent report, we are told they also attack the soldiers with dangerous weapons, this does not justify the gross massacre but it does not also justify us putting the total blame on the military, both deserve the blame.
Thirdly, the military only guide the boarders and combat only crimes the President order them to do. the police are the ones responsible for internal conflict. sometimes ago, the army releases a report that boko haram have started fleeing sambisa, the police are meant to sit up and not leave the military on this fight alone.
Amnesty international woke up one morning and started accusing the military, they never wrote a report on activities of boko haram until this moment, this are bunch of hypocrite from western countries, we must resist them and motivate our military.
Lastly, its two years and we are still searching for the chibok girls, truth be told; this is a dangerous mission, any mistake can lead to the death of this kids, so we should keep on praying for their safe return and praying for the militaries as well. this is our country, let join hands to build it irrespective of our party, affiliations and religions.
God bless Nigeria,
God bless Nigeria Army,
God bless me.
Re: Appraising The Military by vickylincon(m): 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2016
@tonyebarcanista what do you think cc lalasticala

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Stop Terrorizing Us / Se/ss Bokoharam New Pattern Of Killings / Will There Be A Census This Year ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.